Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

13 hours ago, SaiKO said:

I've gotten the upgrade at 500 INR. 

Working with either of the discs (UC4 or UC LL). 

do you get the digital license for the game once you upgrade. So for example I want to insert the LL disc for PS4, Buy the upgrade from the in game menu and then will the two legacy of thieves collection games work without the LL disc for ps4?

Edited by Soultrader92

6 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

do you get the digital license for the game once you upgrade. So for example I want to insert the LL disc for PS4, Buy the upgrade from the in game menu and then will the two legacy of thieves collection games work without the LL disc for ps4?

No you need the disc. 

Think of it in this way: It's gonna be fully digital copy (because your PS4 disc version will start to auto install PS4 version every time you boot up the console thanks to the Disc that is in your drive), yet it need the Disc for authentication EACH time you gonna play. 
I know... Sony makes simple things more complicated.

I recon same thing gonna happen for Horizon Forbidden West PS4 to PS5 upgrade, minus the upgrade cost offcourse.

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

No you need the disc. 

Think of it in this way: It's gonna be fully digital copy (because your PS4 disc version will start to auto install PS4 version every time you boot up the console thanks to the Disc that is in your drive), yet it need the Disc for authentication EACH time you gonna play. 
I know... Sony makes simple things more complicated.

I recon same thing gonna happen for Horizon Forbidden West PS4 to PS5 upgrade, minus the upgrade cost offcourse.

Aww thats f**ked up man. Messed up my plans. f**k this, I thought it was gonna be like Hitman access pass or Spiderman Remastered. f**k sony f**king money pinching f**ks :ranting:

1 minute ago, Soultrader92 said:

Aww thats f**ked up man. Messed up my plans. f**k this, I thought it was gonna be like Hitman access pass or Spiderman Remastered. f**k sony f**king money pinching f**ks :ranting:

Or you can install both PS4 and the new version together if you own the Disc version. 

You will compromise on SSD space though. I didn't want that so I uninstalled the PS4 version instantly when it started to auto install while I popped in the disc. Sadly, had to do that every time I open up the console. Annoying. 

5 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

this is still okay. They obviously cant give the digital license away without authenticating it if they are offering a free ps5 upgrade. Else everybody would borrow the ps4 disc, get the ps5 digital license for free and be happy.

But the legacy of thieves collection upgrade is different. Its a paid upgrade.

Also one thing i dont understand, how would they implement this, If you have LL disc and you get the legacy of thieves collection license which is authenticated by the LL disc, does it mean that if you insert the UC4 disc it will not work? Maybe they have configured legacy of thieves collection licence such that it gets authenticated with either of the two discs, no matter which one was inserted when you upgraded

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Or you can install both PS4 and the new version together if you own the Disc version. 

You will compromise on SSD space though. I didn't want that so I uninstalled the PS4 version instantly when it started to auto install while I popped in the disc. Sadly, had to do that every time I open up the console. Annoying. 

Naah i wsa just gonna borrow the LL disc from a friend and upgrade and then return it. too bad I am not as smart as i thought i was.

• Haha 1

After this annoyance I think I just wanna get the PS5 version of Horizon Forbidden West with 1k extra. Because I'm 100% sure this is gonna be the case for that game as well. 

If you gonna get the PS4 Physical version thinking you gonna just update the PS5 version for free, you can do that offcourse, but in the process, the disc will start to auto install PS4 version everytime you gonna turn on your console.

Just now, Soultrader92 said:

Naah i wsa just gonna borrow the LL disc from a friend and upgrade and then return it. too bad I am not as smart as i thought i was.

I only have the ps plus collection version of UC4, which is not eligible for the upgrade.