Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

3 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

this is still okay. They obviously cant give the digital license away without authenticating it if they are offering a free ps5 upgrade. Else everybody would borrow the ps4 disc, get the ps5 digital license for free and be happy.

But the legacy of thieves collection upgrade is different. Its a paid upgrade.

Also one thing i dont understand, how would they implement this, If you have LL disc and you get the legacy of thieves collection license which is authenticated by the LL disc, does it mean that if you insert the UC4 disc it will not work? Maybe they have configured legacy of thieves collection licence such that it gets authenticated with either of the two discs, no matter which one was inserted when you upgraded

It works with both discs... I have the PS4 physical discs for both game, tried with both discs and the game is working.

Edited by SaiKO

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

After this annoyance I think I just wanna get the PS5 version of Horizon Forbidden West with 1k extra. Because I'm 100% sure this is gonna be the case for that game as well. 

If you gonna get the PS4 Physical version thinking you gonna just update the PS5 version for free, you can do that offcourse, but in the process, the disc will start to auto install PS4 version everytime you gonna turn on your console.

yeah, but ps4 has slightly better resale value if you're into that.

3 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

Naah i wsa just gonna borrow the LL disc from a friend and upgrade and then return it. too bad I am not as smart as i thought i was.

That's not possible, you need the disc for authentication.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Yes. You get both games which you can download separately.

Doesn't work, then I went  and checked, apparently you need the ps4 digital bundle of both games to be eligible.

In famous Mr.drakes word "here goes nothing”

I used to have the disc not sure where I have misplaced it, well so be it!!

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

After this annoyance I think I just wanna get the PS5 version of Horizon Forbidden West with 1k extra. Because I'm 100% sure this is gonna be the case for that game as well. 

If you gonna get the PS4 Physical version thinking you gonna just update the PS5 version for free, you can do that offcourse, but in the process, the disc will start to auto install PS4 version everytime you gonna turn on your console.

This was fixed with a firmware update some time back. Now, instead of auto install it gives you the option to 'Copy'. 

This happened with my Death Stranding copy, upgraded the game to DC, I keep the disc in always, it doesn't install by itself, but I do see an option to copy which I don't since I have the PS5 Director's cut installed. 

It should be the same for UC. 

Disc option:

IMG20220129021152.jpg

Downloaded PS5 version:

IMG20220129021142.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/juzyvd/ps4_to_ps5_upgrade_discs_auto_installing_how_to/

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

Doesn't work, then I went  and checked, apparently you need the ps4 digital bundle of both games to be eligible.

In famous Mr.drakes word "here goes nothing”

I used to have the disc not sure where I have misplaced it, well so be it!!

Do you have the ps plus collection version? Then it won't work. I had the digital version of uc4 and it showed me the upgrade for 500

32 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Do you have the ps plus collection version? Then it won't work. I had the digital version of uc4 and it showed me the upgrade for 500

Ya the ps plus version, makes sense for not making it eligible because then they might as well make it available for everyone with PS5 :p

21 minutes ago, hussain said:

How do I check the region of my disc (checking the box won’t help because I bought it preowned, the box might be from a different copy of the game) 

I googled it but no clear answers

Check on the disc. If it’s rated “T” then it is most likely US region. If it’s rated “16” then it is EU region.

7 minutes ago, hussain said:

The back of the case says ALL but the rating is T which means it's US. 

However, I bought this game from Gameloot. Not necessary the game and the box are the same

You could also check the rating board name in disc. 

ESRB is US, PEGI is EU/UK. 

20 minutes ago, hussain said:

However, I bought this game from Gameloot. Not necessary the game and the box are the same

You will not be able to upgrade this copy via Indian PS Store as it’s from different region.

You can create US account and check if you are getting the upgrade option. 

Edited by Mr.Copyright©

19 minutes ago, hussain said:

I ordered from Mx2 games and they sent me a US disc I informed them that I need it to redeem the PS5 collection and they were more than happy to replace it and send an Indian/EU disc. So if the disc is not EU/Indian just write to Gameloot they might replace it for you. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Yeah.

Cool, was able to get it for 500.

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

I ordered from Mx2 games and they sent me a US disc I informed them that I need it to redeem the PS5 collection and they were more than happy to replace it and send an Indian/EU disc. So if the disc is not EU/Indian just write to Gameloot they might replace it for you. 

Same thing happened with me for Fallen Order. Made them send me the Indian version and take the other one back. Was able to then get the free PS5 upgrade for it. 

Edited by LordSpymaster