Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

I heard the DLC doesn't suffer from any of these issues. Still, I wouldn't mind buying the main game again on PC if it's reasonably priced.

Dlc doesn't because of 2 reasons. 

1. It's shorter in lenght. Around 10-15 hrs.

2. And most importantly the wide linear open sections in uc4, the one where you get to drive jeep in whole area comes  just before the middle (Madagascar) and second one towards the end (Libertalia) both of which affect the pacing considerably. In contrast the open sections in both lost legacy and then in tlou 2 are right after the start and doesn't act as a roadblock in the later parts. 

21 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Dlc doesn't because of 2 reasons. 

1. It's shorter in lenght. Around 10-15 hrs.

2. And most importantly the wide linear open sections in uc4, the one where you get to drive jeep in whole area comes  just before the middle (Madagascar) and second one towards the end (Libertalia) both of which affect the pacing considerably. In contrast the open sections in both lost legacy and then in tlou 2 are right after the start and doesn't act as a roadblock in the later parts. 

I think following the formula makes a huge difference whatever the length may be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished this game yesterday. It's my first UC game. Played it on PC.

Liked it a lot, especially the narrative and presentation. The game looked so bloody good + amazing animations. Really a treat for the eyes. I was worried I wouldn't understand that story considering i haven't played the other games but the story was very self contained so i had no problems. The characters were great. I'm glad i went into this completely blind so even the fact that Sam was alive was a big surprise to me.

The gameplay was a little weak tbh. Kind of got bored of the combat/platforming loop after a while. Gunplay.. was not great. 

All in all enjoyed it. Awesome set pieces and all. 

Have Lost legacy to play next

On 10/19/2022 at 11:38 PM, dylanjosh said:

I feel like this has been released with considerably less fanfare than Spider-Man 

For starters, the first 3 games aren't available on PC still.

14 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Just finished this game yesterday. It's my first UC game. Played it on PC.

Liked it a lot, especially the narrative and presentation. The game looked so bloody good + amazing animations. Really a treat for the eyes. I was worried I wouldn't understand that story considering i haven't played the other games but the story was very self contained so i had no problems. The characters were great. I'm glad i went into this completely blind so even the fact that Sam was alive was a big surprise to me.

The gameplay was a little weak tbh. Kind of got bored of the combat/platforming loop after a while. Gunplay.. was not great. 

All in all enjoyed it. Awesome set pieces and all. 

Have Lost legacy to play next

Yeah, the game is far from perfect and the plot was a retread of the previous games. Hated the fact that they kicked out the original creator of the IP from her own game. But man, I loved every minute of the playing it because it was my first PS4 game and I couldn't believe how good everything looked.

• 2 months later...