Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

15 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Personally found the pace to be a bit uneven, not slow, and that was the only major gripe I had with U4. But despite that its still a 9/10 game for me, one step down from masterpiece isn't trash. 

if you will notice, i only called the "story" trash...

10 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

if you will notice, i only called the "story" trash...

I know, I was just throwing my 50cent in there. As far as the story goes, thought it was decent or maybe just good, but overall liked the way they tied it up at the end.

Trash is a but too harsh imo, but I'm someone who thinks RDR1 was boring, some people would kill me if I said that to their face :D

Climbing is too much because they removed the stamina meter after designing the game around it. 

Pacing was bad not beacuse of druckmann and straley but because the game got rebooted midway and the new team had the use parts of both old and new assests that were created and had to make the game in record time.  Sam was supposed to be the main (or one of) the villains and in the initial pitch and it didn't even have shooting in the first half. 

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

I know, I was just throwing my 50cent in there. As far as the story goes, thought it was decent or maybe just good, but overall liked the way they tied it up at the end.

Trash is a but too harsh imo, but I'm someone who thinks RDR1 was boring, some people would kill me if I said that to their face :D

raul julia GIF

4 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

lmao, so we can't even call the story bad of a beloved SONY game now?

The entire inciting incident of UC 4 involves Nathan being an appam-chutiya who won't even do basic research before putting his life and wife on hold and heading out on a dangerous mission on mere words of someone he sees after how many years again? Ya, great story!

That someone was his brother.

And nathan's flashback shows how close they were.

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I agree.

I was expecting the big villian and a big set-piece showdown at the end where Nate ends up saving the day in an over-the-top way but it turned out to be an empty yawn of a climax

Totally agree with you.

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Climbing is too much because they removed the stamina meter after designing the game around it. 

Pacing was bad not beacuse of druckmann and straley but because the game got rebooted midway and the new team had the use parts of both old and new assests that were created and had to make the game in record time.  Sam was supposed to be the main (or one of) the villains and in the initial pitch and it didn't even have shooting in the first half. 

I heard the DLC doesn't suffer from any of these issues. Still, I wouldn't mind buying the main game again on PC if it's reasonably priced.

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

I heard the DLC doesn't suffer from any of these issues. Still, I wouldn't mind buying the main game again on PC if it's reasonably priced.

Dlc doesn't because of 2 reasons. 

1. It's shorter in lenght. Around 10-15 hrs.

2. And most importantly the wide linear open sections in uc4, the one where you get to drive jeep in whole area comes  just before the middle (Madagascar) and second one towards the end (Libertalia) both of which affect the pacing considerably. In contrast the open sections in both lost legacy and then in tlou 2 are right after the start and doesn't act as a roadblock in the later parts. 

21 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Dlc doesn't because of 2 reasons. 

1. It's shorter in lenght. Around 10-15 hrs.

2. And most importantly the wide linear open sections in uc4, the one where you get to drive jeep in whole area comes  just before the middle (Madagascar) and second one towards the end (Libertalia) both of which affect the pacing considerably. In contrast the open sections in both lost legacy and then in tlou 2 are right after the start and doesn't act as a roadblock in the later parts. 

I think following the formula makes a huge difference whatever the length may be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...