Persona 5

'Pranay

The P5 site's updated with a Blog post from the Director himself. They're aiming to do a mixture of Juvenile High school life with Picaresque Romance. The main character and his gang will be fighting against the system, being chased throughout while bringing their own justice to whatever's happening. There's a chance of heists. Heists in a Persona game. Holy mother of Kaneko. :surprise: The hype is too strong. I hope I don't die before the game comes out.

Erm

Can someone explain the gameplay of this game series?

i read somewhere you use Demons like pokemon in Turn Based combat

Others say newer persona games use "Shadows" instead of demons

bohot confusion hai

The Persona series is a spin off of Shin Megami Tensei series.

Persona 1&2 : Demons + Random Encounters + Demon Negotiation which gives you multiple advantages, one of them is they can become a Persona for you to use.

Persona 3&4 : Shadows + (Social Link+Semi Dating Sim) + No Random Encounters, you see enemies in the dungeon itself.

Both are turn based, Both have a collect 'em all core mechanic like Pokemon. Unlike Pokemon, you yourself take part in the battle. The confusion will clear once you start, which you totally should. Like right now.

• Like 1

The Persona series is a spin off of Shin Megami Tensei series.

Persona 1&2 : Demons + Random Encounters + Demon Negotiation which gives you multiple advantages, one of them is they can become a Persona for you to use.

Persona 3&4 : Shadows + (Social Link+Semi Dating Sim) + No Random Encounters, you see enemies in the dungeon itself.

Both are turn based, Both have a collect 'em all core mechanic like Pokemon. Unlike Pokemon, you yourself take part in the battle. The confusion will clear once you start, which you totally should. Like right now.

Thanks for detailed answer

ATM i just have PS4

are there any good persona games for PSP/GBA/SNES/Old game consoles?

i could play on my tablet through emulation

Thanks for detailed answer

ATM i just have PS4

are there any good persona games for PSP/GBA/SNES/Old game consoles?

i could play on my tablet through emulation

Ah. Well, Persona series were Playstation exclusives till Persona Q came out on the 3Ds. Leaving Q aside, Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent sin & Persona 2 Eternal Punishment were Playstation 1 games. Eternal Punishment is a direct sequel to Innocent sin, so there's no skipping either versions. They've all been remastered on PSP. Although Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on the PSP was never localized, there's still a Ps1 version available on PSP.

Now onto Persona 3, there are two proper versions to play. Persona 2 FES on Ps2, or Persona 3 Portable on Psp. FES includes an additional mini campaign after you finish the main one. Portable however has an option to play as the Female main character with different and supposedly better social links. But since it was the Psp version, you can't run around everywhere in 3d like FES. It's more of a visual novel approach, except for the dungeons and combat which are completely 3D.

And Persona 4 has two versions as well, Persona 4 for Ps2. And Persona 4 Golden for Vita. If you can find a way to emulate Ps2 or find a working Ps2, you're all set.

• Like 1

Erm

Can someone explain the gameplay of this game series?

i read somewhere you use Demons like pokemon in Turn Based combat

Others say newer persona games use "Shadows" instead of demons

bohot confusion hai

The gameplay is actually not what made the series popular. Most fun part is simulation. That's a lot of text reading but still fun to read. Even fighting game persona 4 arena had loads of text in story mode. I think I completed about half of it, gotta get back to it read the rest of it.

Ah. Well, Persona series were Playstation exclusives till Persona Q came out on the 3Ds. Leaving Q aside, Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent sin & Persona 2 Eternal Punishment were Playstation 1 games. Eternal Punishment is a direct sequel to Innocent sin, so there's no skipping either versions. They've all been remastered on PSP. Although Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on the PSP was never localized, there's still a Ps1 version available on PSP.

Now onto Persona 3, there are two proper versions to play. Persona 2 FES on Ps2, or Persona 3 Portable on Psp. FES includes an additional mini campaign after you finish the main one. Portable however has an option to play as the Female main character with different and supposedly better social links. But since it was the Psp version, you can't run around everywhere in 3d like FES. It's more of a visual novel approach, except for the dungeons and combat which are completely 3D.

And Persona 4 has two versions as well, Persona 4 for Ps2. And Persona 4 Golden for Vita. If you can find a way to emulate Ps2 or find a working Ps2, you're all set.

Ok.Thanks

Getting the P3 PSP version

P2 is tough to find and like you said incomplete bcoz of localization probs

• Like 1

Ok.Thanks

Getting the P3 PSP version

P2 is tough to find and like you said incomplete bcoz of localization probs

Persona 2 Innocent sin remaster is localized and ready to play, you can play the ps1 version of Eternal Punishment with it. :]

IMO, Persona 2 IS & EP has the best cast. It's raw, but it still has heart. The later games refined themselves to a T and became the timeless classics they're now.

Edited by NameSubjectToChange

• 3 weeks later...

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dengeki-playstation-shares-persona-5-details-full-scans

Gematsu's translations of Famitsu's information on P5.

8T541xP.jpg

N3IRkiL.jpg

lnUPEva.jpg

VMVnnts.jpg

• Protagonist - The article kicks off with the headline, “Steal back the future!” The protagonist gains his Persona after a certain incident unfolds and confronts a great darkness enveloping the city.
  • Story – The protagonist and friends attend Shujin Academy, a private high school. (The name is a play on the Japanese word for prisoner, shuujin.)
  • Setting - Gameplay predominantly takes place in Shibuya. As those who read Japanese may have already spotted in the trailer, the name is rendered in kanji on the sign during the subway station scene, making it plausible the game takes place in Tokyo proper. The atmosphere of the game will feature elements to give it the feeling of big city life, like packed train platforms full of commuters.
  • Awakening - The magazine “theorizes” that the scene with blue flames enveloping the protagonist in last week’s trailer is him awakening to his Persona and another side of himself that’s greatly different from his public demeanor. Blue flames are believed to turn into masks.
  • Lesson (Classes) - Student life alive and well, and calendar and weather systems also return.
  • Prisoner - The prison motif seen in the trailer is believed to be in relation to Picaresque Romance motif Hashino discussed earlier.
  • Hideout - Judging by appearance, it is likely that it’s the cafe the protagonist lives in.
  • Student by Day, Thief by Night - Nights are for dungeon crawling as cast puts on their masks, seemingly in search of a specific something to steal.
  • Sneak - As in Persona 3 and Persona 4, battles use a symbol encounter system, meaning you can see enemies on screen and engage in battle by colliding into them. Players can avoid enemy contact by sneaking around in order to proceed, though.
  • All-Out Attack - The gang-up footage in trailer is confirmed to be return of the All-Out Attack system. It likely still relies on exploiting enemy weaknesses to trigger.
  • Mask – Characters wear their masks during dungeon crawling, and they’re likely a key item story-wise during those segments, too.
  • Cooperation - The magazine speculates that the Cooperation menu option is the system replacing Social Links involving getting closer to allies.
  • Arsene - The protagonist’s Persona. It has black wings and red getup.
  • Sound - Shoji Meguro’s soundtrack is set to be acid jazz this time around.

Sneaking in my purseowner. Not sure how to feel about that. But I believe the Persona team can pull it off.

Also, not that anyone would be interested but I'll still plug it in here: A really old interview of the Original Persona team i.e. Satomi Tadashi, Cozy Okada & Kazuma Kaeko on Persona 1 just got translated recently. Save Kaneko, everyone left Atlus, so this will be an interesting read to see the original team's views. Best news all day.

http://atlusatlas.tumblr.com/post/111724547998/here-we-are-at-last-about-two-months-in-the