Persona 5

'Pranay

31 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@kold_war Persona 4 Arena is a good game. It's a very good fighting game. But I would suggest that you play Persona 4 (Golden if possible) before playing the Arena games. The story will make much more sense only if you have played the previous game. Arena story mode is set after the events of Persona 4 Golden and story can be seen as a sequel. So play Golden first. Not only that, but Golden is an awesome game, and the P4 journey should only start from there.

Also, if you ever do want to buy Persona 4 Arena, get Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (the sequel to P4A) and get the dlc for the original story mode for cheap, instead of buying the 2 games separately.

Noted.. .thanks!

@roun90

after the shido boss fight ,the plot took a u turn from being awesome to becoming sh*t imo ....not liking it so far ....now in my storyline , the warden twins have fused into 1 to become lavenza..Morgana learns about what and why he existed .... mementos has been fused into reality ....somewhat I feel they've lost the plot after shido's breakdown 

Edited by kold_war

15 hours ago, Ichigo Uzumaki said:

What a game man! Completely loving it!
Its been very long that I have been playing a game without any breaks.

Was reluctant on buying a new copy since I never played a persona game before and used wasn't available, but am glad that I did. :D

Had the same feeling here ...was hesitant to buy a new copy since it's my 1st persona game....worth every penny

• Like 1

How many hours did it take you guys to complete the game?
I have heard so many praises about the game which made me get it but that 100 hrs needed to complete it is scaring me away. I just completed yakuza 0 which people mentioned takes about 40 hours but when I finished my clock was at around 70 hours. I just got so immersed in the game that it was difficult to put down. And Persona if I am correct is a much longer game compared to that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

How many hours did it take you guys to complete the game?
I have heard so many praises about the game which made me get it but that 100 hrs needed to complete it is scaring me away. I just completed yakuza 0 which people mentioned takes about 40 hours but when I finished my clock was at around 70 hours. I just got so immersed in the game that it was difficult to put down. And Persona if I am correct is a much longer game compared to that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Yup it's about 100hrs or more

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 2:02 AM, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

completed the game

what a game probably best  ps4 game i have played 

+1 what a game damn ....an absolute masterpiece.....finished the game...got the good ending....what a painfully long final boss battle....was actually finding it hard to defeat cos I was level 68 but figured out a loophole to level up quickly

upon reaching the shrine.....I went backwards and farmed for xp  and then came back to the shrine to save my progress .....did the same thing about 15-20 times...jumped from level 68 to 85 in one  hour ?

all's the best game I've played on the PS4 

On 6/15/2018 at 2:25 AM, Ichigo Uzumaki said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Everything was perfect. I loved the story very much, but for me, the game lost its way after defeating Shido. The whole mementos section felt unnecessary and felt like they were just dragging the plot. 

+1 it was unnecessary,they could just stopped it after defeating shido...the mementos palace was the worst one  imo...didn't like it that much....that's where I stopped playing the game frequently

Edited by kold_war

• 1 year later...

Including below the character trailers for Persona 5 R. Tons of new battle info revealed. Including the fact fact they are now including combination attacks. This is different from "All-Out Attacks" and is made as a combination between two party members. These attacks also have awesome new cinematics to them. For example, in Ryuji's and Yusuke's (Skull's and Fox's) xombination attack, the cinematic is Ryuji goes to a Ramen bar where Yusuke is the Chef/Master, and orders food. Meanwhile the shadow comes in and causes a ruckus. Fox throws a Grenade and Ryuji shoots it (Or was it the other way around, benn some time since I saw the trailer). The scene though feels taken straight out of The Godfather. Other combinations also have other cinematics.

Also revealed are 3rd tier Personas for each character (The base game only had 2 tiers). Overall, the battle system seems to have been expanded upon a lot. Trailers are in Japanese, but it's well worth it to watch. I'm using the unofficial subbed version where possible.

Credit to Youtube Uploader "Lettuce Sauce" for the subs

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance that the extra content in P5R might be released as DLC?

I have played about 20 hrs of original P5 and had kept it on a backburner for quite some time now. I feel like getting into this now and finish up the game but I am now confused as to whether its worth it or not due to the release of P5R.

When is it coming to western market btw?

15 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Is there a chance that the extra content in P5R might be released as DLC?

I have played about 20 hrs of original P5 and had kept it on a backburner for quite some time now. I feel like getting into this now and finish up the game but I am now confused as to whether its worth it or not due to the release of P5R.

When is it coming to western market btw?

Doubt it. No other Persona Game re-releases put the additional content on base game as DLC. Besides, the games were over-hauled in such a way as to make the additional content as DLC very difficult. For one, entire gameplay systems were changed (Persona 4 Golden and presumably Persona 5 R as well). For another, the additional content was integrated seamlessly throughout the game, not just as a post-game DLC. For example, in Persona 4 Golden, the new dungeons happened at the middle of the year, not at the end of it. You could also go the new areas added in the re-release right from the middle of the game. So even if you could get it as DLC, yo would still need to start a new play-through. Same will be the case here. The new characters, their story, new supports, new dungeons etc. will be added seamlessly in the middle of the year, not after the year ends (Where the base game ends). Not to mention, the definitive edition is a PS4 only release, so chances are they improve assets or use new assets in the definitive version.

But the amount of content added always makes it worthwhile to purchase the new version. Going by their record, tons of content will be added.

The Western release is scheduled for 2020. It's coming out on 31 October, 2019 in Japan. So if I had to guess, it will approximately come on April-May, 2020 in the West (Generally 6 months to localize, translate and add English voices)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Doubt it. No other Persona Game re-releases put the additional content on base game as DLC. Besides, the games were over-hauled in such a way as to make the additional content as DLC very difficult. For one, entire gameplay systems were changed (Persona 4 Golden and presumably Persona 5 R as well). For another, the additional content was integrated seamlessly throughout the game, not just as a post-game DLC. For example, in Persona 4 Golden, the new dungeons happened at the middle of the year, not at the end of it. You could also go the new areas added in the re-release right from the middle of the game. So even if you could get it as DLC, yo would still need to start a new play-through. Same will be the case here. The new characters, their story, new supports, new dungeons etc. will be added seamlessly in the middle of the year, not after the year ends (Where the base game ends). Not to mention, the definitive edition is a PS4 only release, so chances are they improve assets or use new assets in the definitive version.

But the amount of content added always makes it worthwhile to purchase the new version. Going by their record, tons of content will be added.

The Western release is scheduled for 2020. It's coming out on 31 October, 2019 in Japan. So if I had to guess, it will approximately come on April-May, 2020 in the West (Generally 6 months to localize, translate and add English voices)

True that earlier re-releases in the persona series were all standalone games so this is probably true for this as well. But adding new content as DLC is not an impossible task. XCOM 2 did it well where whole game mechanics are added or changed with tons of new content added through War of the Chosen DLC.

Having P5R as DLC is convenient for those who already own the original game and want to see the new content without spending much. But i guess this is a wishful thinking.

I think I might get into this again after finishing Days Gone. Control and P5 will help to pull through until Death Stranding releases.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Reunite with the Phantom Thieves and meet their newest member, Kasumi Yoshizawa, when Persona 5 Royal launches in the West in Spring 2020!

@Joe Cool  I'm not losing out on anything by getting this edition next year right? I mean, whats the difference with the regular Persona 5 game?

I havent played it yet, so I thought might as well wait and get the Royal edition next year.