Persona 5

'Pranay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, i_rock098 said:

How many hours did it take you guys to complete the game?
I have heard so many praises about the game which made me get it but that 100 hrs needed to complete it is scaring me away. I just completed yakuza 0 which people mentioned takes about 40 hours but when I finished my clock was at around 70 hours. I just got so immersed in the game that it was difficult to put down. And Persona if I am correct is a much longer game compared to that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Finished it a few weeks back and i clocked it at 102 hours, damn it was a massive game.  How's Yakuza 0 btw? im a  few hours into it, where the protagonists switch. 

vdmn95vdmn95.png

Finished it a few weeks back and i clocked it at 102 hours, damn it was a massive game.  How's Yakuza 0 btw? im a  few hours into it, where the protagonists switch. 

vdmn95vdmn95.png
Yakuza 0 is the only reason I bought a PS4 (the PC version was not announced then) and it was worth every penny.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Persona 5 - 2 aka Persona 5 Scramble looking good. I am now more hyped for this rather than the Royal edition. I hope Atlus announces a western release date soon.

Doesn't make sense to release this on Switch and not releasing P5R or even regular one cause this is set after the events of P5. Plus its a Musou game (like dynasty warriors) not to my liking.

Why can't they just release P5 on Switch or on PC. Its time for this to come to PC..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Doesn't make sense to release this on Switch and not releasing P5R or even regular one cause this is set after the events of P5. Plus its a Musou game (like dynasty warriors) not to my liking.

Why can't they just release P5 on Switch or on PC. Its time for this to come to PC..

This game has a new story, so you should be able to enjoy it directly I guess. However, the cast is same and there will be references to P5/5R, so playing that before this one is definitely going to be a better experience. Think of it like Witcher 3 for example, many of those who played it as their first Witcher game also enjoyed it, but those who played previous games enjoyed it more such as Letho side quest and other references. Regarding musou genre, personally I like the genre and also feel that Omega-forces' collaboration games based on other franchises are more fun compared to the vanilla Warriors games, but yeah that genre is not for everyone.

12 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

I think Atlus has sme weird aggrement and/or distribution philosophy with Sony and Nintendo. If you look at it - all the Shin Megami Tensei Games (Once upon a time, called the "Parent Series of Persona" or " The Original Series") is always exclusive to Nintendo consoles, since the time of the PS2. Meanwhile all the Mainline Persona (Including enhanced remakes like FES, Portable, Golden, Royal etc.) games are always exclusive to the Playstation.

Also, you should be able to play it directly I think. They might have a recap video, or they might just add a glossary explaining what terms like "Hearts", "Palaces" or "Phantom Thieves" etc. are

Also, I wouldn't be too hyped up about the story of Scramble, if I were you. Atlus has outsourced these so-called "sequels" before. And the typical thing is that the actual people who were behind the story (The Persona Team) has almost nothing to do with the "Sequel's" story. And the new writers just fit in a bare-bones story to justify the gameplay and cash-grab based on hype of existing Persona characters. As an example - The Persona 4 Arena and Arena Ultimax games. And this is Omega Force, who are even worse in this regard than Arc System Works (Devs of Arena Games). Looking at the story of Fire Emblem Warriors, I can almost say that there will be a generic story with a generic villain in this game to justify the button mash musou genre - but without the charm and beautiful characterization of the actual Persona 5. Hope I'm wrong, but get the feeling that might be the case

Might be better to get hyped about Royal, since that story (Including new content) was done by the Persona Team.

20 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I think Atlus has sme weird aggrement and/or distribution philosophy with Sony and Nintendo. If you look at it - all the Shin Megami Tensei Games (Once upon a time, called the "Parent Series of Persona" or " The Original Series") is always exclusive to Nintendo consoles, since the time of the PS2. Meanwhile all the Mainline Persona (Including enhanced remakes like FES, Portable, Golden, Royal etc.) games are always exclusive to the Playstation.

Also, you should be able to play it directly I think. They might have a recap video, or they might just add a glossary explaining what terms like "Hearts", "Palaces" or "Phantom Thieves" etc. are

Also, I wouldn't be too hyped up about the story of Scramble, if I were you. Atlus has outsourced these so-called "sequels" before. And the typical thing is that the actual people who were behind the story (The Persona Team) has almost nothing to do with the "Sequel's" story. And the new writers just fit in a bare-bones story to justify the gameplay and cash-grab based on hype of existing Persona characters. As an example - The Persona 4 Arena and Arena Ultimax games. And this is Omega Force, who are even worse in this regard than Arc System Works (Devs of Arena Games). Looking at the story of Fire Emblem Warriors, I can almost say that there will be a generic story with a generic villain in this game to justify the button mash musou genre - but without the charm and beautiful characterization of the actual Persona 5. Hope I'm wrong, but get the feeling that might be the case

Might be better to get hyped about Royal, since that story (Including new content) was done by the Persona Team.

Yeah, even i have a feeling story isn't going to be great. SMT V is nowhere to be seen (expecting something about it this year). Until then P5R would have been nice on other platforms too. Well, anyways lets hope they change their decision. I also believe SMT can exist other platforms as well. Exclusivity doesn't help the audience in any way.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

4 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Yeah, even i have a feeling story isn't going to be great. 

Why are you guys assuming that the story is going to be bad ? Game is not fully outsourced, P-Studio is co-developing it and it would make sense to think that their contribution is art and storyline (while omega-force handles the gameplay).

1 hour ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Why are you guys assuming that the story is going to be bad ? Game is not fully outsourced, P-Studio is co-developing it and it would make sense to think that their contribution is art and storyline (while omega-force handles the gameplay).

Because of their entire history of sequels and outsourcing. As I said, this is not the first time it's been done and P Studios/Atlus claim to be involved - and the story canon everytime. On the other end KT/Omega Force is known for taking major franchises, adding some small story and just releasing a musoou game. Anyway let's hope I'm wrong and it's actually good. 

13 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Because of their entire history of sequels and outsourcing. As I said, this is not the first time it's been done and P Studios/Atlus claim to be involved - and the story canon everytime. On the other end KT/Omega Force is known for taking major franchises, adding some small story and just releasing a musoou game. Anyway let's hope I'm wrong and it's actually good. 

I am gonna enjoy P5S irrespective of how the story is. I like musou genre and love P5 characters, so not going to pass on this game in any case.

35 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

I am gonna enjoy P5S irrespective of how the story is. I like musou genre and love P5 characters, so not going to pass on this game in any case.

Not that great of a fan of Musou, but love Persona. So I'll most probably get it anyway as well. I was just expressing my opinion, not trying to convince anyone to not get the game or anything.

Anyway, definitely enjoy!! I'll definitely look forward to it and hope it's good.