Persona 5

'Pranay

This was never posted so leaving it here. If you want to go in blind into the game do not watch them. Though they are not much of a spoiler, still have been placed under spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Watching this it feels there is much more to this than just being a regular Musou game. It behaves more like a direct sequel than a spin-off which raises even further question as to why this game is coming to Switch and not P5R or even Vanilla P5. Those who haven't played P5 won't get a grasp of the entire story. Or maybe Atlus has something to reveal but they are just holding onto it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so i shrugged off P5 Long enough for being a Turned based JRPG while i still get bored by turn based c0mbat. For eg. I love Dragon quest builders but love only the world and characters of DQ11 and hate the combat.

I am open to buying P5 royal edition if it is something that i must experience. The reason is that basically this is a wildfire extending beyond anime fans in terms of sales so i am curious about it. Also i can enjoy the world and free roam if it is not restrictive.

What does this game deliver ? Is this my high school shounen fantasy life ?

Also side note is it safe purchasing the physical copy in this recent corona pandemic? I am a collector and mostly buy physical games. Where are the copies we receive being manufactured?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Personally I've been waiting for this. When I finally play it, I hope I have as much as fun as everybody else who has played the original game. 

Am yet to find anyone actually not like Persona 5. 

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Ok so i shrugged off P5 Long enough for being a Turned based JRPG while i still get bored by turn based c0mbat. For eg. I love Dragon quest builders but love only the world and characters of DQ11 and hate the combat.

I don't know what Shounen is but Persona 5 is about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students - the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game's story - who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves.

It offers 75-100+ hours of fun. Turn based is great and has good variety in it to keep it fresh throughout. Just take your time and enjoy the game. 

• Like 1

As expected - AMAZING! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Persona 5 Royal is a stunning game that takes something which has already captured millions of hearts, and makes it even better. This is the quintessential Persona experience. If you're new to the franchise, this game is for you. If you're a seasoned veteran, there is enough new and improved content that this game is still for you.
  • If Persona 5 was a diamond, the Royal version, with a gigantic amount of changes and improvements, is the treasure of the palace. The spanish localization is the gold that covers it all, and the final detail that makes it a truly invaluable gem for any thief, new or veteran.
  • Hugely enriching its original formula, Persona 5 Royal is a must-have JRPG, but also a great game for anyone wanting to discover a new genre.
  • For those that have already enjoyed the original game, this is a fan's dream, with everything you could wish for and more, with nearly every aspect improved upon. A spellbinding videogame, and one that deserves to be spoken about in reverential terms for many years to come.
  • Persona 5 Royal is proof that even the best games can be made better by acknowledging shortcomings and addressing them, however small they are.
  • Persona 5 Royal is the crown jewel of the series. It expands and improves upon everything that made the original a powerhouse title in the first place. The new activities and confidants staggeringly stand out, and the numerous minor improvements subtly propel the game into a masterful league of its own. Roll out a scarlet carpet and hail the king of JRPGs.
  • Persona 5: Royal is the definitive Persona 5 experience. Atlus has refined the already excellent base game, trimming the rigid, sharp edges and creating a smoother experience filled with new and interesting activities, characters, story moments, and even an entirely new palace and optional ending to the game. Persona 5: Royal is one of the best JRPG's on PS4 for both new and returning players.
  • f you are looking for a JRPG unique and phenomenal, which can make you reflect on delicate very current issues and even enrich your cultural background with countless notions on the always fascinating Japanese culture, Persona 5 Royal can only be the definitive answer to your needs, whether you are aware of it or not.
  • The long-awaited Persona 5 Royal is finally upon us, with tons of new content and gameplay overhauls to create a more robust experience.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Kinda, but there are plenty of serious moments. It's some people taking on society. There are plenty of fantasy elements. But having played vanilla Persona 5, I can say this - the villains depicted can absolutely exist in real life, and are really amazing. The kind that will make you hate them, like Umbridge from Harry Potter. The game and story is actually very good.

8 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Also side note is it safe purchasing the physical copy in this recent corona pandemic? I am a collector and mostly buy physical games. Where are the copies we receive being manufactured?

Lol I get ya. Especially since the launch edition is supposed to be this amazing steelbook -

8111lXzGLnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(Pic taken from Amazon US).

If you truly want to be careful, best way to get physical might be to - order online, wear mask and glove when collecting. Physical edition should be in shrink wrap (and maybe even box packing on top for sellers such as Amazon etc.) Cut the shrink wrap with gloves on, give the box/steelbook a slight rub with alcohol hand sanitizer, remove glove and then it should be safe to use (I guess). This is the most paranoid step I can think of.

@Joe Cool Hype was starting to come down for me, since I've played the original P5 almost completely. Thanks for posting the reviews. hype back up.

Also, the game is 96 on Metacritic currently

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/persona-5-royal

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, CarbonCore said:

I had ordered steelbook from Mcube initially but lol good luck getting it through the lockdown. I'm grabbing it off PSN instead.

Same; was planning on getting the steelbook. But in present situation, far better to just get the PSN version and be done with it.

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Same; was planning on getting the steelbook. But in present situation, far better to just get the PSN version and be done with it.

Real shame because that steelbook is badass. And for a base price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keano said:

pre-ordered, first persona game :fear: 

Welcome to the Persona Series. From what I know - most who have played it (even if they were new to series), loved it. In original P5, the very first dungeon was hard, with you having to actually think and ration out skill use etc. but I heard they changed it for P5 Royal (First dungeon is now a tutorial dungeon it seems), so it should not be too difficult. Enjoy and post your impressions later on :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Real shame because that steelbook is badass. And for a base price.

Exactly. I had ordered steelbook on GTS, but my order is cancelled now.

Hope I can still grab the steelbook sometime after this lockdown.

@roun90 Like the Yakuza Kiwami games, the steelbook edition will always serve as the physical edition of P5R right? Or is this edition just for the launch, and we could get the regular later? 

Edited by Chirag2001