Persona 5

'Pranay

9 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Finished the game with The True Trickster trophy. I guess that’s the best possible ending?

You still have to complete the game. Completing the game and seeing the ending will get you "A New Journey" trophy. I think you still have the final boss left. You can safely look at the spoiler tag below. Just tagged it for others.

Spoiler

You did not accept the deal with Fake Igor right? If you accepted that deal then the true/good ending is locked away from you. Do not accept that deal and there will be 1 final dungeon + the main boss of the game after you complete mementos. Lots of revelations an the true ending happens after that, and will give you "A New Journey" Trophy.

If you have not accepted the deal, then continue playing. You are almost at the end of the game. Don't stop now.

As far as Royal is concerned, since you played base Persona 5 just now, give a gap of at least 1 year before you start Royal. You will get burned out of the game otherwise.

Edited by roun90

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

You still have to complete the game. Completing the game and seeing the ending will get you "A New Journey" trophy. I think you still have the final boss left. You can safely look at the spoiler tag below. Just tagged it for others.

Reveal hidden contents

You did not accept the deal with Fake Igor right? If you accepted that deal then the true/good ending is locked away from you. Do not accept that deal and there will be 1 final dungeon + the main boss of the game after you complete mementos. Lots of revelations an the true ending happens after that, and will give you "A New Journey" Trophy.

If you have not accepted the deal, then continue playing. You are almost at the end of the game. Don't stop now.

As far as Royal is concerned, since you played base Persona 5 just now, give a gap of at least 1 year before you start Royal. You will get burned out of the game otherwise.

Yeah got that trophy as well. Saw the bad endings on youtube. As i didn't had save file. I used to overwrite my save files. I am happy with the ending though.

And true to that.

How is Kingdom Hearts 3? Have you guys played it? I have never played any Kingdom Hearts game before.

Just now, GameAnalyzer said:

Yeah got that trophy as well. Saw the bad endings on youtube. As i didn't had save file. I used to overwrite my save files. I am happy with the ending though.

And true to that.

How is Kingdom Hearts 3? Have you guys played it? I have never played any Kingdom Hearts game before.

Yup, if you got "A New Journey" trophy, then you're done.

As far as Kingdom Hearts 3 is concerned - you will either have to play the previous games (Not just 1 & 2, I mean all games including the 3-4 spinoff games as well, all of which are included in the KH Final) before starting Kingdom Hearts 3. You can get the entire series very cheaply on PS4, since the Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package (which includes the entire series including Kingdom Hearts 3) is available for Rs 2159 in Indian Playstation Store currently (There is a sale going on; original price of collection is Rs 7199) (Only the Re:Mind DLC for Kingdom Hearts 3 is left out of the collection - that is being sold for Rs 2500, but according to those who have played the DLC here, it's a scam containing only some 2-3 hours of content) 

Or more preferably, watch Youtube videos that will summarize the story in 1/2-1 hour. KH has a very convoluted story, that's hard to understand at the best of times, but starting directly at KH3 - you will get absolutely nothing of what is going on. As far as it's gameplay is concerned, it's actually quite fun. But it's a bit on the easier side since you can spam attacks that will summon various Disneyland Rides continuously in KH3. The previous Kingdom Heart games were a bit harder.

• Like 1

65 hours in and was about to start 5th palace, but then that thing with Kasumi happens which I presume is new in Royal. The amount of social side content in this game is insane. You can fit an entire Doom Eternal between 4th and 5th palace :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, finally completed the game. My first and only platinum trophy across the entire PS architecture (at least as of now)

hfQkG7s.jpg

Almost 140 hours for the 1st play-through, but it was absolutely fun and absolutely amazing. Once again Atlus has topped themselves, making a game better than even Persona 5 even. The new 3rd Semester was an absolute blast, and had one of the best villains in the entire series (perhaps going into one of the best in video games period). The new Palace was amazing and the new boss battle was absolutely fabulous, making sure that you have to apply everything you learned in the game.

Overall, loved it. The new gameplay additions, music additions (This one you don't even have to ask), story additions and everything else was magnificent. The only negative I can think of (and this is a very subjective nitpick) - I preferred the Base Persona 5 anime cutscene that happens at the very end of the game rather than the new anime cutscene they added here.

Now onto the IRL concert videos they included with Persona 5 (Many concerts that happened from 2010 onwards), tinkering with the Thieves Den and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Holyshit dude. You obtained platinum in 1st playthrough? 

Why? I know Person 5 can have different endings, and playing styles, but is it one of those games which isn't possible to do in one playthrough? 

I'd been waiting for this game for so long, and I had pre-ordered it too, but couldn't get it. I didn't wanna get if off the PS Store because of that gorgeous steelbook. 

Edited by Chirag2001

5 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Why? I know Person 5 can have different endings, and playing styles, but is it one of those games which isn't possible to do in one playthrough? 

If you are using a Trophy guide/walkthroughs  from the starting of the game then you can achieve everything in first playthrough because you know what exactly you need to do to unlock trophies.

Talking about Persona 5. All endings can be achieved in first playthrough but you have to save your game checkpoints separately. Don't over write them. That's how all ending can be achieved but there are few trophies like where you have to max out few things which is kinda hard but not impossible hence it requires ng+ (but you don't have complete the game twice. Just play it for sometime until you achieve the trophy then you can stop playing).

Also when you play the game for the first time. Trophies are mentioned as (hidden trophy) so basically you don't know what you gotta do to unlock. Since I am not a trophy hunter I don't look for trophy guides. I just play the game first on my own without worrying about trophy. :) 

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

Yes, finally completed the game. My first and only platinum trophy across the entire PS architecture (at least as of now)

hfQkG7s.jpg

Almost 140 hours for the 1st play-through, but it was absolutely fun and absolutely amazing. Once again Atlus has topped themselves, making a game better than even Persona 5 even. The new 3rd Semester was an absolute blast, and had one of the best villains in the entire series (perhaps going into one of the best in video games period). The new Palace was amazing and the new boss battle was absolutely fabulous, making sure that you have to apply everything you learned in the game.

Overall, loved it. The new gameplay additions, music additions (This one you don't even have to ask), story additions and everything else was magnificent. The only negative I can think of (and this is a very subjective nitpick) - I preferred the Base Persona 5 anime cutscene that happens at the very end of the game rather than the new anime cutscene they added here.

Now onto the IRL concert videos they included with Persona 5 (Many concerts that happened from 2010 onwards), tinkering with the Thieves Den and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

I already have the base game that I haven't finished it. Do you recommend buying the Royal edition? Or play the base game now and get the Royal ed when it goes on sale later?

54 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I'd been waiting for this game for so long, and I had pre-ordered it too, but couldn't get it. I didn't wanna get if off the PS Store because of that gorgeous steelbook. 

In Persona 5 Royal - you can achieve Platinum Trophy in the first play-through, if you know what you are doing. Trophies in Royal are easier than in base Persona 5, but SEGA/Atlus have incorporated an in-game awards system, which will give awards for achievements and points that unlock various things (Movies, Concerts, Music, Creating your own Palace etc.) in the Thieves Den (A New Feature in Royal).

In base Persona 5 (The Original 2017 game), it's not possible to get platinum in the first play-through at all. This is because there is a trophy for completing the Persona Compendium (i.e. creating all Personas), but one super-secret Persona is only available to be created in New Game+. For those who have completed the 1st play-through of base Persona 5, I'm talking about -

Spoiler

Satanael

Also there is a trophy for defeating a secret boss, which is again only available on New Game+. I'm talking about

Spoiler

The Twins/Lavenza 

All those New Game+ requiring achievements have been moved onto the Thieves Den Awards in Royal though. So you can earn all the Playstation trophies in the 1st play-through itself.

@l33tmaniac That depends on why you didn't complete the base game. If you did not complete it because you didn't like Persona 5 - don't get Persona 5 Royal.

But if you liked the game and didn't complete it for any other reason - then stop playing the base game and play Royal. Royal is the definitive edition, and is absolutely worth it. You will be missing out if you play just the base game. But be warned - Starting Royal means starting from the beginning of the game. So if you are progressing on the base game currently, you might get pissed off at Royal, because it starts right at the beginning, i.e. from Kamoshida's arc. Though there are many changes made from the game right since the beginning, so it does justify playing it. Just that you might get burned out, if you are currently playing, say the 5th palace and have to re-start from the 1st. In such cases, it's best to give a time-gap before you start Royal.

If you have kept the base P5 on hold though - skip it and start Royal. it's absolutely worth it. Not to mention, all the old content of the base game is also included in Royal (and you will only see the old content if you play the game in a bad way/make certain poor decisions)

Edited by roun90

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

In Persona 5 Royal - you can achieve Platinum Trophy in the first play-through, if you know what you are doing. Trophies in Royal are easier than in base Persona 5, but SEGA/Atlus have incorporated an in-game awards system, which will give awards for achievements and points that unlock various things (Movies, Concerts, Music, Creating your own Palace etc.) in the Thieves Den (A New Feature in Royal).

In base Persona 5 (The Original 2017 game), it's not possible to get platinum in the first play-through at all. This is because there is a trophy for completing the Persona Compendium (i.e. creating all Personas), but one super-secret Persona is only available to be created in New Game+. For those who have completed the 1st play-through of base Persona 5, I'm talking about -

Reveal hidden contents

Satanael

Also there is a trophy for defeating a secret boss, which is again only available on New Game+. I'm talking about

Reveal hidden contents

The Twins/Lavenza 

All those New Game+ requiring achievements have been moved onto the Thieves Den Awards in Royal though. So you can earn all the Playstation trophies in the 1st play-through itself.

@l33tmaniac That depends on why you didn't complete the base game. If you did not complete it because you didn't like Persona 5 - don't get Persona 5 Royal.

But if you liked the game and didn't complete it for any other reason - then stop playing the base game and play Royal. Royal is the definitive edition, and is absolutely worth it. You will be missing out if you play just the base game. But be warned - Starting Royal means starting from the beginning of the game. So if you are progressing on the base game currently, you might get pissed off at Royal, because it starts right at the beginning, i.e. from Kamoshida's arc. Though there are many changes made from the game right since the beginning, so it does justify playing it. Just that you might get burned out, if you are currently playing, say the 5th palace and have to re-start from the 1st. In such cases, it's best to give a time-gap before you start Royal.

If you have kept the base P5 on hold though - skip it and start Royal. it's absolutely worth it. Not to mention, all the old content of the base game is also included in Royal (and you will only see the old content if you play the game in a bad way/make certain poor decisions)

I love Persona as a series. I just didn't have time to play and been busy playing other stuff. I also wanted the physical version of the game (steelbook looks dope), so held off. I ll wait for a bit and play other games till I can get the Royal physical ed. Have tons of backlog, so will probably get to them first. 

@CarbonCore I thought you had already finished base Persona 5 no?

Anyway got a friend of mine to play this game. Generally, he doesn't like Japanese Turn Based RPGs. But he started base Persona 5 because of Corona Holidays. And couldn't stop till he finished the full game at 100+ hours. Got a new recruit into the cult of Persona. And a non JRPG fan at that :lol:

33 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@CarbonCore I thought you had already finished base Persona 5 no?

Anyway got a friend of mine to play this game. Generally, he doesn't like Japanese Turn Based RPGs. But he started base Persona 5 because of Corona Holidays. And couldn't stop till he finished the full game at 100+ hours. Got a new recruit into the cult of Persona. And a non JRPG fan at that :lol:

Nope, reached 2nd palace when my PS4 hard drive died. No cloud backup because no PS+ sub at that time. Started last year again but then they announced Royal so stopped.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Nope, reached 2nd palace when my PS4 hard drive died. No cloud backup because no PS+ sub at that time. Started last year again but then they announced Royal so stopped.

When I see you online on PSN it says you are playing Persona 5 Royale. But here you are saying you are playing base game.:O 

tenor.gif?itemid=5796001

I mean Royale has base game included? 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

27 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

When I see you online PSN it says you are playing Persona 5 Royale. But here you are saying you are playing base game.:O 

tenor.gif?itemid=5796001

I mean Royale has base game included? 

I mean besides QoL and some retconning of new characters, base and Royal is same until you reach the end of base game.