Persona 5

'Pranay

46 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I mean besides QoL and some retconning of new characters, base and Royal is same until you reach the end of base game.

Not exactly. Gameplay is vastly different in Persona 5 Royal. Palaces have changed and bosses actually require more strategy than on base game. Though Royal also allows you to abuse mementos. And not just that, many of the daily life things you can do (anything in Kichijoji like Darts, billiards, temple etc), some hangout spots and some confidants etc. along with Showtime attacks, technical attacks, levelling up baton passes etc. are new to Royal

@GameAnalyzer When I mean base game is included - based on your gameplay and decisions - you can skip the entire 3rd semester content altogether. In this case, game will proceed like it is the base game. In which case, you will get the base game ending, not see the new bosses, palace, content etc. You will also get the ending and cutscenes of the base game. You should also keep this in mind @CarbonCore

Edited by roun90

Got all 4 emails

Spoiler

HTXxlA0.jpg gQc8zqG.jpgzhvi2Rx.jpg9rJcQhp.jpg

These are the final set of themes I got for Platinum (Rest all themes posted above)(Taken from Google/Youtube.) (Also, don't open till you have completed the game)

Spoiler

1) Twins Theme

2) Lavenza Theme

3) Maruki Theme:

• 3 weeks later...
So started the game (had it lying around since 3 years or so) and holy f**k it's so amazing. I simply cannot keep it down. Time just flows by while playing. I ended up playing till 6 am on Saturday and didn't even notice. 

About 50 hours in and done with 4 palaces. I found 3rd Palace to be the hardest so far where I had to grind the mementos because I felt f**king weak. But after levelled up takemi between 3 and 4 and got the sp adhesive 3. That sh*t's OP, man. Finished the entire 4th palace in 1 day. Imo it's the easiest so far. 
Also, the game really punishes if you get careless. I got greedy or reckless a couple of times and died because of it. 
Once you play the game it's so hard to put down because of that one more day feeling.
Also, the soundtrack is [emoji106]. 
Time really flies when you are playing P5 and in a good way. Not in that assassin's creed grinding way. Though by the end you do start to feel OP when you have a gang of Satan, Lucifier etc to just melt away enimies.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, adity said:

Tbh I got a sh*t ton of cash from confusing a memento boss, got 4 sp adhesive 3 and feeling pretty OP even now. 

Game is on the easy side if you ask me. Its my first jrpg but still I never felt challenged. Maybe it's a good thing with how accessible the game is and explains things quite well. 

Are you on "Normal" Difficulty? If so, you might not be that challenged. This game offers something for everyone, and for a challenge, you are supposed to play at higher difficulties. Difficulty descriptions are accurate -

Easy - Story mode and nothing else

Normal - A tiny bit of challenge, but if you know what you're doing, quite easy

Hard - A challenge

Merciless - Extreme Challenge

Also, you will find later on SP Adhesive 3 by itself is not enough. When you come to longer palaces (Palace 5 onwards) and some challenging bosses, you will be using abilities that cost 22-40 SP per cast (high tier spells, heals, buffs, unique persona abilities etc.). SP Adhesive 3 restores only 7 SP/Turn. That's not quite enough, and you will have to work around that. 

Aldo, tge "Confuse" trick you did is an exploit in base Persona 5 (Patched in Royal).

But even with that, on Normal, game is quite easy, so long as you know what you're doing. It will never feel that "Hard". But then, there are some bosses (Reaper and some NG+ ones), that will give you an excellent challenge on "Normal"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, adity said:

Beat the fifth Palace yesterday morning. Didn't like the palace or even the storyline all that much. Probably the weakest so far. But Holy helll the final boss gave me a tough time. I died like 5 times to it but I was determined to beat him and ended up playing till 4 am. The boss wasn't that hard but I think the reason for dying so much was mostly psychological. The boss has the timer which makes you think you wanna play aggressive but actually you have to play it really defensively. 

I pretty much dicked around until the third palace so my confidants are in a really bad shape. I'm in October and I don't think I'll be able to fully level more than 5-6 confidants. 

Have you maxed out Kawakami, doing that will allow you to go out at night even on days you visit palace/mementos. Also, Chihaya at some level will give fortune readings that increase bonding with other confidants helping you to rank them up faster.

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

On 5/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, adity said:

Tbh I got a sh*t ton of cash from confusing a memento boss, got 4 sp adhesive 3 and feeling pretty OP even now. 

Game is on the easy side if you ask me. Its my first jrpg but still I never felt challenged. Maybe it's a good thing with how accessible the game is and explains things quite well. 

came here to ask something along the lines of this, but its already answered wtf :rofl:

defo will buy this once it is cheap.

I mean it is high-school animu drama + pokemon + japanese senator armstrong villain, what's not to like :P

18 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

came here to ask something along the lines of this, but its already answered wtf :rofl:

defo will buy this once it is cheap.

I mean it is high-school animu drama + pokemon + japanese senator armstrong villain, what's not to like :P

As I said previously, it caters to all difficulty challenges.

Safety = For those who can't even play on Easy

Easy = Do nothing and just go through the motions. 

Normal = Teaches the game. Once you get the hang of it (Around 2nd/3rd palace/dungeon), and know the systems you will find this quite easy

Hard = For those who want a decent challenge. Careful Planning on how to battle, proceed, what to use, when to use etc. all required to an extent

Merciless = Extreme Challenge. Careful Planning on how to battle, proceed, what to use, when to use etc. all required 

But even on safety, you still need to plan out on time management. That's 1/2 the game (Dungeons and battle being the other half) and it's extremely fun. Everything you do has a purpose and every person has their own story to tell

Also, if you think this game is like Pokemon, you truly don't know the genre at all. Pokemon is glorified Rock, Paper, Scissors. This is nothing like it. Story is also far more than an anime drama. Many of the things it touches upon can and do happen in the real life.

And Senator Armstrong is Japanese - like it or not. He's designed by a Japanese Guy, Working for a Japanese Company

7 hours ago, adity said:

Beat the fifth Palace yesterday morning. Didn't like the palace or even the storyline all that much. Probably the weakest so far. But Holy helll the final boss gave me a tough time. I died like 5 times to it but I was determined to beat him and ended up playing till 4 am. The boss wasn't that hard but I think the reason for dying so much was mostly psychological. The boss has the timer which makes you think you wanna play aggressive but actually you have to play it really defensively. 

I pretty much dicked around until the third palace so my confidants are in a really bad shape. I'm in October and I don't think I'll be able to fully level more than 5-6 confidants. 

In P5R the trick to beat 5th boss is to jack up the difficulty to max. Its like Heaven or Hell in DMC, you take 3x more critical damage but you also deal 3x more. I beat him with 24 min left on the clock lol.

I got Royal from the Days of Play sale. Thanks@CarbonCore for informing on the PSN thread, would've missed it otherwise.

I have no idea about anything, other than I'm gonna be walking around Tokyo in the daytime (excited about this) and clearing dungeons with my friends in the nighttime.

Any first timer tips? [emoji28]

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, adity said:

Take your time and enjoy the game. This may turn out be the best game you ever played.

This is what happened in my case. It was my first persona game. And I was totally blown away; how everything in this game is designed and works. I finished it 1-2months back. Now after TLOU2. I’ll try getting Persona 5 Royal. 

7 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I got Royal from the Days of Play sale. Thanks@CarbonCore for informing on the PSN thread, would've missed it otherwise.

I have no idea about anything, other than I'm gonna be walking around Tokyo in the daytime (excited about this) and clearing dungeons with my friends in the nighttime.

Any first timer tips? emoji28.png

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

The game will basically guide you. Just remember to spend as much time with confidants as you can. There's also specific requirements to unlock 3rd semester in Royal, you need to complete them before certain time or you'll not get to play DLC chapter. You can google how to unlock 3rd semester.

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Tell me about it. I started it a couple of weeks back and just can't stop. Literally playing like 12-13 hours in Saturday and Sunday. 90 hours in already and about to beat the sixth palace. 

Strength and sun confidant is OP as f**k. Created level 80 personas already. 

Haha, same. When I started playing it that point of time I was playing The order 1886, nier automata, Fifa seasons. etc.. But I left everything finished this first.  I was always so curious to know what’s gonna happen next. Story narration is very well designed. So as the quest designer. Even characters in this game have strong background. Each of them have their own  unique story. 

some of the personas are resemblance of Hindu Gods

18 hours ago, adity said:

Tell me about it. I started it a couple of weeks back and just can't stop. Literally playing like 12-13 hours in Saturday and Sunday. 90 hours in already and about to beat the sixth palace. 

Strength and sun confidant is OP as f**k. Created level 80 personas already. 

Better than Yakuza, yeah? :P

4 hours ago, b!T said:

Better than Yakuza, yeah? :P

I'm a fan of both. But both are 2 very different kinds of games. Yakuza is a crime thriller. Story will leave you on the edge of your seat wondering what happens next. Persona, on the other hand, will endear you to the characters in a way Yakuza will never be able to. Like, I care more for what happens to Ryuji or even a distant non-party member like Iwai. Story and characterization is done so brilliantly in Persona, that it feels like the NPCs are your actual friends and you are living in Tokyo. Meanwhile, in Yakuza it's more of a superman Kiryu/Majima, but the overall plot is good (Excellent in both actually) and Tokyo is more like your play-ground than you being an actual resident there.

Just now, adity said:

Idk bro. I cried when(Spoiler). I agree with you. Persona 5's characters are awesome. I'll remember the gang for a very long time. 

First up - spoiler tag urgently. Second, it's not that you don't like Yakuza characters at all - but Persona characters have a life to them. For example, you see them at their everyday, hang out and have fun with them, share in their success and problems. You don't do these with any of Yakuza characters. It's always a deal and a crime drama continuously over there.

Edited by roun90

20 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I'm a fan of both. But both are 2 very different kinds of games. Yakuza is a crime thriller. Story will leave you on the edge of your seat wondering what happens next. Persona, on the other hand, will endear you to the characters in a way Yakuza will never be able to. Like, I care more for what happens to Ryuji or even a distant non-party member like Iwai. Story and characterization is done so brilliantly in Persona, that it feels like the NPCs are your actual friends and you are living in Tokyo. Meanwhile, in Yakuza it's more of a superman Kiryu/Majima, but the overall plot is good (Excellent in both actually) and Tokyo is more like your play-ground than you being an actual resident there.

I was just pulling his leg since he is a hardcore Yakuza fan :P

On a serious note, I like both franchises however I like Kiryu more than any P5 character maybe because I grew up playing Yakuza on PS2. What you said about characters are true though because in general P5 has more interesting characters than Yakuza. Again, its personal preference I guess.