Persona 5

'Pranay

6 hours ago, adity said:

Only final boss of seventh palace remaining. The maxed out strength confidant f**king breaks the game, lol. Had fused a level 75 persona which destroyed the sixth palace boss in like 4-4 turns. Now fused a level 96 satan. I f**king love it. Feel like a god now. 

I have like 5-6 crazy 80+ personas now with no weaknesses, great passives and crazy damage. 

I never really planned on doing ng+ but now I just might just to fuse more crazy personas. It's awesome. 

On a side note, maxed out 9 confidants with 17-18 days to spare. Will probably be able to max out 4 more. Fortune teller makes it trivial to max out confidants. 

NG+ has an exclusive boss (More if you are playing the Royal version) - which is considered one of the hardest and most challenging in the game. Also, try to fight Reaper without the exploit, if you feel you are OP enough. That's also a very fun boss (Wait for 1-2 mins on any floor of mementos and reaper will spawn). Beating the Reaper will also give you a trophy and boost anywhere between 1-5 levels (Depending on what your current level is) per battle.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Is it ok to watch the Persona 5 anime and OVAs without playing the game ? :fear:

If i play the game later will it hamper the experience?

Yes, if you have plans on playing the game then don't bother watching the anime.

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Is it ok to watch the Persona 5 anime and OVAs without playing the game ? :fear:

If i play the game later will it hamper the experience?

Persona animes are generally of poor quality. They will spoil you, and at the same time put you off the game due to their "interpretation" of events and story, plus poor animation quality. It's far better to play the game, which gives you agency on what to do during the game/story time, than to watch the anime which rushes to various plot points in a watered-down way and will ultimately turn you off both.

Just play the game, you can ignore the anime or watch it only when your game is done and you have nothing else to do.

11 hours ago, roun90 said:

Persona animes are generally of poor quality. They will spoil you, and at the same time put you off the game due to their "interpretation" of events and story, plus poor animation quality. It's far better to play the game, which gives you agency on what to do during the game/story time, than to watch the anime which rushes to various plot points in a watered-down way and will ultimately turn you off both.

Just play the game, you can ignore the anime or watch it only when your game is done and you have nothing else to do.

15 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Yes, if you have plans on playing the game then don't bother watching the anime.

15 hours ago, Ichigo Uzumaki said:

If you do plan on playing it later on, then don't.

Ok guys, thanks for replies.

btw are your buddies who wear the masks and all just the two dudes and the blonde girl or are there other ones also?

33 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

btw are your buddies who wear the masks and all just the two dudes and the blonde girl or are there other ones also?

There are tons of people. Even in your own party there are far more than that. If you don't know it yet, then you are in a great place indeed. Means you have avoided spoilers of the past 4 years almost entirely. And it's not just the masked people (who are your direct associates), you also form contacts with a lot of others, from all strata of society, just like a good criminal outfit should.

Just now, roun90 said:

There are tons of people. Even in your own party there are far more than that. If you don't know it yet, then you are in a great place indeed. Means you have avoided spoilers of the past 4 years almost entirely. And it's not just the masked people (who are your direct associates), you also form contacts with a lot of others, from all strata of society, just like a good criminal outfit should.

Yes yes i meant the "party" like for combat etc, do you only have the choice of these 3 or do you have many more in general but you can chose only 3 to be in your party.

Like the bioware games, you have a 4 man party that is you + 3 others in team, but there are around 10 party members to choose from, is it like that i meant.

Buying P5R is one of the best decisions I made recently. I was skeptical to shell out 2.6k due to the amount of time I have spent on P5 but P5R has a lot of welcome changes. I might plat it as Atlus removed some pita trophies in royal.

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Buying P5R is one of the best decisions I made recently. I was skeptical to shell out 2.6k due to the amount of time I have spent on P5 but P5R has a lot of welcome changes. I might plat it as Atlus removed some pita trophies in royal.

Yup, Atlus has removed all the PITA Trophies in P5R, including the tedious ones like completing all video games, reading all books, catching the Lake Guardian in fishing game etc. Now it's all really simple like fish once, play baseball and just hit a ball once etc (Just do that, unlock trophy and reload if you want more free time). The hardest trophy in P5R is literally Max all Social stats, that's it. Even trophies like Maxing all confidants etc. are gone (Just max 1 confidant and romance 1 person). To sweeten the deal, Atlus is even giving out sweet dynamic themes for free to all players based on progress and for the platinum trophy (And those themes are really awesome).

All the old PITA trohes are now awards in the Palace Maker, which give points, which can be used to unlock things like decorating your own palace, unlocking Real Life Concerts, Game Cutscenes, OST etc. But they are not actual trophies anymore. Get the plat, it's quite easy and worth it.

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

play the game and find out. It’s a spoiler. 

To sweeten the deal, Atlus is even giving out sweet dynamic themes for free to all players based on progress and for the platinum trophy (And those themes are really awesome).

Awesome, where do we get those? I am currently at 12/24, so do I qualify for these themes?

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Awesome, where do we get those? I am currently at 12/24, so do I qualify for these themes?

You get 4 sets of dynamic themes - 

1) First set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for beating 1st Palace

2) 2nd set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for beating the 4th palace

3) 3rd set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for beating the game (Completing all Palaces)

4) 4th Set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for getting the final trophy.

If you are on 12/24, you should already have the first 2 set of codes (6 Themes total + their associated avatars etc.). If your trophy is all synced up, just look at the email id that's associated with the account you are playing the game on. The first 2 codes should already be there. It might be under the "Promotions" tab or "Spam" tab, but Atlus is pretty prompt in sending it. Just take the codes, redeem on the PS Store of that region, and you're all set.

• Like 1

You get 4 sets of dynamic themes - 

1) First set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for beating 1st Palace
2) 2nd set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for beating the 4th palace
3) 3rd set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for beating the game (Completing all Palaces)
4) 4th Set of 3 themes, multiple avatars etc. for getting the final trophy.

If you are on 12/24, you should already have the first 2 set of codes (6 Themes total + their associated avatars etc.). If your trophy is all synced up, just look at the email id that's associated with the account you are playing the game on. The first 2 codes should already be there. It might be under the "Promotions" tab or "Spam" tab, but Atlus is pretty prompt in sending it. Just take the codes, redeem on the PS Store of that region, and you're all set.

Thanks dude, I was not aware of it. Checked the e-mail and I got the first two sets.