Persona 5

'Pranay

14 minutes ago, Jerush said:

Is there a way to buy P5R as an add on/dlc if I own the base game?

I don't find it on the store and it looks like I've to buy the full game again

There are far too many changes for it to be a DLC. There are changes in the base gameplay itself - right from Day 1. Many additions have been made right from the start and many thimgs have been overhauled - so much so that Royal is a new game in and of itself. Plus, graphics has been improved since Atlus no longer has to cater to PS3.

Don't think they can make a DLC of this. Plus, Royal goes for pretty cheap anyway. Whole game for the cost of one of Ubisoft's stand-alone season pass. So you're getting it at DLC price anyway. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, roun90 said:

Also welcome on catching the "Persona Disease". No one likes the game when they just hear about it/looks at trailers. "Weeb JRPG" and all such stuff. But once people play one game, almost all catch the disease and become fans of the series.

I had P5 since Jan 2019. but never bothered playing. Thinking it’s not my kind of game. But oneday I decided to give it a try; I was skeptical at first because of having no experience in JRPG’s. But after I played it; this game totally blown me away. 

The combination of balancing my time in high school life coupled with the dungeons makes for a game that never stagnates. Not only is the story great but the cast of characters add so much color and have such well written story lines that tie into the main plot it really is amazing. And I find myself growing more and more attached to my supporting cast. my hats go off to Atlus I did not think I would be falling head over heels in love with this game, but here we are.

8 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Just noticed that Atlus doesn’t let you record gameplay in new semester. :furious:

is this something common for JRPGS’s? 

:roflroll:

Welcome to the bane of streamers!! They've been complaining since the past 3 years. 

To answer your question - No!! JRPGs don't do this, and neither does Atlus. They did this "No Recording" Special for Persona 5. In original Persona 5, you could not record or upload on YT etc. beyond a certain date (First Couple of Months). In Royal, they relaxed it to the New Intro, New Cutscenes, New stuff on old areas/bosses, 3rd Semester etc. (Basically any new content added in Royal). Atlus policed the video uploads quite a bit too, taking down all rogue uploads meticulously for some time - including the music.

They did this because the game was story heavy, and they did not want people spoiling on YT and other platforms.

You can watch everything and hear all music etc. on your Thieves' Den anyway, so you don't need to record. They just don't want you putting it up on YT and spoiling others.

Oh and yeah some quick reminders -

1) Do unlock all the real life concert videos that are there in the Thieves Den. It's a proper Concert as happened in Japan (Much like the Witcher 3 concert, which they charged money for - but here it's free)

2) Unlock the PSN Themes that were sent to you (Would be most likely in the "Promotions" Tab of the email in which the current PSN - which you are using to play the game is registered). At your progress level, you should already have 3 codes for 6 Themes and Associated PSN Avatars. 1 more code will be sent when you get Platinum. Try for it (Especially since Platinum is really easy in this game). All themes and avatars are really awesome.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

@roun90 How to unlock Efficient Executioner and Intensive Training trophy?

Efficient Executioner - Just perform a group execution (Fusion). This option is unlocked at Strength Rank 1 Confidant (Twins Confidant). Group Guillotine Fusions allows you to fuse 3 or more Personas together to get even more powerful results than normal fusion. You just need to perform this fusion once to unlock the trophy. Strength Confidant can be maxed out in 1 day, so it is not time consuming at all. But it might be too late in the 3rd semester (You know why - story reasons)

Intensive Training - This requires Strength Confidant Rank 3 (Twins Confidant). At Strength Rank 3, you unlock the ability to place your Personas in Lockdown. When you place a Persona in Lockdown, it does not gain experience and cannot be used in battle. But it gets really important skills after a certain no. of days. For example, if a Persona is weak to Wind, place it in lockdown for a certain no of days (Days required shortening with each Strength rank), and it will learn Dodge Wind (And at higher ranks, even resist wind and ultimately absorb wind).

Now when you place a Persona in Lockdown, you have the option of using Incense. You most likely have incense in your inventory already (It can also be purchased from Jose or from the Incense shop in Kichijoji - the new area in P5R). You just have to use the incense once to unlock this trophy (FYI: Adding Incense will add extra stats to the Persona, for example - adding strength incense will increase strength of the Persona by the end of the lockdown etc.)

Sounds like you did not do fusion at all. It's actually fun (almost a separate game in itself actually) and the strength requirements are really simple, especially with the addition of skill cards to the game. Plus tons of guides will show you exactly what to fuse for each rank exactly.

Since you are in the 3rd Semester, your choices to unlock these 2 trophies are -

1) Reload an older save before the 8th palace and 3rd sem (If you have it)

2) Do it in NG+. It's really simple and as I said, it can be done in 1 In-Game Day. Strength does not consume in-game time at all. Plus, in NG+ all your existing Personas carry over (Everything you found in the game). So you can just skip all cutscenes, and as soon as you unlock the first fusion request on 5/18, just do it and unlock the 2 trophies as described above.

Man, you should have played around with Fusion. They give some of the most OP Personas ever seen (Not available as normal recruit in Palaces) and with moves and special abilities that are also not seen otherwise. It's really fun!!

Cool. Thanks @roun90

Yeah. I didn't create much persona in this. Basically I am using 2-3 persona's (my fav) and doing fusion to strength the existing one. I have my persona's at Lvl99. Now when I have those two trophies locked. I need to play again till that point and I want to create Satanael or Yoshitsune (Ghost of Tsushima guy )

What are your fav persona's that you use?

On 9/6/2020 at 1:27 PM, roun90 said:

Efficient Executioner - Just perform a group execution (Fusion). This option is unlocked at Strength Rank 1 Confidant (Twins Confidant). Group Guillotine Fusions allows you to fuse 3 or more Personas together to get even more powerful results than normal fusion. You just need to perform this fusion once to unlock the trophy. Strength Confidant can be maxed out in 1 day, so it is not time consuming at all. But it might be too late in the 3rd semester (You know why - story reasons)

Intensive Training - This requires Strength Confidant Rank 3 (Twins Confidant). At Strength Rank 3, you unlock the ability to place your Personas in Lockdown. When you place a Persona in Lockdown, it does not gain experience and cannot be used in battle. But it gets really important skills after a certain no. of days. For example, if a Persona is weak to Wind, place it in lockdown for a certain no of days (Days required shortening with each Strength rank), and it will learn Dodge Wind (And at higher ranks, even resist wind and ultimately absorb wind).

Now when you place a Persona in Lockdown, you have the option of using Incense. You most likely have incense in your inventory already (It can also be purchased from Jose or from the Incense shop in Kichijoji - the new area in P5R). You just have to use the incense once to unlock this trophy (FYI: Adding Incense will add extra stats to the Persona, for example - adding strength incense will increase strength of the Persona by the end of the lockdown etc.)

Sounds like you did not do fusion at all. It's actually fun (almost a separate game in itself actually) and the strength requirements are really simple, especially with the addition of skill cards to the game. Plus tons of guides will show you exactly what to fuse for each rank exactly.

Since you are in the 3rd Semester, your choices to unlock these 2 trophies are -

1) Reload an older save before the 8th palace and 3rd sem (If you have it)

2) Do it in NG+. It's really simple and as I said, it can be done in 1 In-Game Day. Strength does not consume in-game time at all. Plus, in NG+ all your existing Personas carry over (Everything you found in the game). So you can just skip all cutscenes, and as soon as you unlock the first fusion request on 5/18, just do it and unlock the 2 trophies as described above.

Man, you should have played around with Fusion. They give some of the most OP Personas ever seen (Not available as normal recruit in Palaces) and with moves and special abilities that are also not seen otherwise. It's really fun!!

I found a save for 11/23. Can I still do those two trophies as I have time till December? Or I have to restart again?

also how do you find reaper? By staying idle for sometime in Mementos?

13 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Cool. Thanks @roun90

Yeah. I didn't create much persona in this. Basically I am using 2-3 persona's (my fav) and doing fusion to strength the existing one. I have my persona's at Lvl99. Now when I have those two trophies locked. I need to play again till that point and I want to create Satanael or Yoshitsune (Ghost of Tsushima guy )

What are your fav persona's that you use?

It's been some months since I finished the game, so I don't remember my party now. Will post my party later, when I start the game

36 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I found a save for 11/23. Can I still do those two trophies as I have time till December? Or I have to restart again?

also how do you find reaper? By staying idle for sometime in Mementos?

So long as you can access the Velvet Room with the Twins, you can unlock the trophy.

For Reaper, yes, stay idle in mementos for 1 minute or so, on a floor that Shadows spawn (Not safe floors). It can even be the very first memento floor with Shadows. When the Reaper spawns, you will hear chains clinking, which will progressively get louder as the Reaper gets more and more close to you.

11 hours ago, roun90 said:

It's been some months since I finished the game, so I don't remember my party now. Will post my party later, when I start the game

So long as you can access the Velvet Room with the Twins, you can unlock the trophy.

For Reaper, yes, stay idle in mementos for 1 minute or so, on a floor that Shadows spawn (Not safe floors). It can even be the very first memento floor with Shadows. When the Reaper spawns, you will hear chains clinking, which will progressively get louder as the Reaper gets more and more close to you.

So I can still unlock all these 3 trophies right? I have access to the twins. I need to achieve rank 3 then i can unlock all the above achievements?

Regarding Efficient Executioner; how do i know which persona can be fused with  3 persona's?

And is one month sufficient to for intensive training since i have to keep the persona in lockdown?

36 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

So I can still unlock all these 3 trophies right? I have access to the twins. I need to achieve rank 3 then i can unlock all the above achievements?

Regarding Efficient Executioner; how do i know which persona can be fused with  3 persona's?

And is one month sufficient to for intensive training since i have to keep the persona in lockdown?

Yes, you should be able to do all 3. Do ensure

Spoiler

That it's the Twins in the Velvet Room and not Lavenza though

For knowing what to fuse, simply look at this link -

https://samurai-gamers.com/persona-5/strength-confidant-justine-caroline/

or

https://www.thegamer.com/persona-5-royal-strength-confidant-fusion-guide/

Though there is a chance you already have it and don't need the link (For example, rank 1 is Jack Frost with Mabufu - you probably have a Jack Frost already from Palaces and if you have a Mabufu Skill Card, just apply it) but even if you don't have it, any one of the links above says how you can get the fusions very easily (You should already have the base Personas in your registry, since they are all from Palaces. If you don't have them, simply go to Mementos and recruit them from floors associated with the Palace). When you have the requested Persona in your team, simply talk to the Twins (Don't replace them ofc) and they will grant you the rank. You can do all 10 ranks in 1 shot if you want and see the interactions and story. It's quite fun, and actually a preclude of what's to come (Though you already know what the matter is since you're in 3rd Sem)

For Lockdown, 1 month is too much. You will lose the Persona, if you place it in lockdown for too long. I think 5 In-Game Days is enough at rank 3. Though, there is a chance that you will unlock Intense Training as soon as you use Incence and don't even need to wait so long (Not sure about this, don't remember now)

Edited by roun90

Completed the game. (P5 Royal). Didn't feel like beating the last palace. :nerves: Whereas infiltrating every other palace gave me this sense of daring fun and rebellious boldness, the vibe of this entire palace was totally different. It felt so much more ominous, and it felt bad being in there.

P5 is an amazing and special game for me. To see its expansion not only live up to its previous content and themes but ultimately surpass them is a testament to its greatness.

The last palace antagonist is the best ever created. (Don't see this unless you completed P5R)

Spoiler

Maruki didn't personally seem distorted as an individual and it was clear from the beginning that he legitimately wanted the best for everyone he came into contact with. As the third semester came into play and I made my way through Maruki's palace, I began realizing that Maruki's desire was to stop living in fear. Maruki is such a commanding antagonist for the third semester entirely because you know his methods are just as valid as yours, and that you clash with him based on principle alone, rather than an upright view of justice.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Hide contents

Maruki didn't personally seem distorted as an individual and it was clear from the beginning that he legitimately wanted the best for everyone he came into contact with. As the third semester came into play and I made my way through Maruki's palace, I began realizing that Maruki's desire was to stop living in fear. Maruki is such a commanding antagonist for the third semester entirely because you know his methods are just as valid as yours, and that you clash with him based on principle alone, rather than an upright view of justice.

Spoiler

I was so torn apart between last palace antagonist and the protagonist by the end of the game. Easily one of the best antagonists ever made not because of sheer evil like always but the blatant lack of it. They genuinely wanted the best for everyone. 

Edited by b!T

Oh man, so much can be said about the Final Antagonist and their distortion. I went into discussion forums almost immediately after finishing the game to discuss it, and the villain's distortion is so well hidden, it's amazing. There's a reason why the "Good Ending" is actually a "Bad End" and not the "True End"

Spoiler

1) Maruki removed fear by removing free will and options. He basically shut the door on some very important stuff. And stuff like that is a part of experience of a person and helps them grow. And the "Removal of Fear" was more self-service for himself, than for true actual benefit of the afflicted party. The decisions and changes he made - were not his to make in the first place.

Remember the love story that kept on playing in his Palace and how he obtained his first Persona? He essentially removed his Girlfriend's memory and made her a stranger. Sure, this removed her immediate trauma and made both her and him feel better. But, it also permanently closed the door on her ever recovering properly and growing stronger for it. Recovery was possible, but Maruki shut down that possibility completely, for someone else. Maruki had made no "Sacrifice" in his love story, he had run away and was under the delusion that it was a "Sacrifice". This theme is played again, and again, and again throughout the 3rd Semester. And it is also directly refuted as wrong in the game itself. For example, he made Sumire think she was Kasumi, but Sumire proved that she could get over the trauma of her sister's death and grow stronger and make her own choices for it. She did not need to live in a fantasy world. 

The same is true for all the Phantom Thieves. Maruki had - by erasing their trauma in the first place - also completely erased their growth. Remember, the theme of Persona 5 was "The Will to Rebel" and "Stand Up for yourself"? That was completely gone. For example, Futaba, throughout her arc had come to accept the death of her mother. She got to understand how to get over the trauma, how to come out of her room, how to face the World, how to assign the blame correctly, how to move on and how to get things done. She had come out far stronger for it. Think back on it, and you will find the same was true for all of the Phantom Thieves. And everyone's growth was completely negated by Maruki. If things went wrong again, and it was very highly possible they will - the PT would once again be unable to do anything and go back to how they were before Joker came along.

Remember the question, when you were doing Maruki's Palace (Mental Conditioning Section)? "You have a dream, but you are unable to achieve it. What will you do?" Maruki's ideal answer was "Give up on that dream and try something else" That is entirely how he lived by. Not do your best, not stand up from defeat, not "Never Give Up", but simply "Keep Moving On and On". This was Maruki's entire character. He so badly was afraid of getting hurt and failing that he would simply move on. And that was the same for his palace as well.

His very dream was handed to him by Joker on a plate. Their consultation sessions were the thing that gave Maruki the power to alter fate. Without Joker, he would simply have given up even there. That was who Maruki was. This is also reflected in the game. To unlock the 3rd Semester, you need to complete Maruki's (and only Maruki's) Confidant. Not Sumire or Akechi (Though they are new as well). That's because if you don't complete his confidant, he never finishes his paper (Since you did not put in the effort to spoon-feed him) and never completes his palace.

2) Maruki was not a God. Yaldabaoth was the very embodiment of human desires, and even he had grown tired of it by the time of Persona 5. But he still fulfilled their desires. The desire to have a mundane and routine life, being trapped in a rut - was actually the Will of the People. Tald granted that, but made Joker and Akechi as his own "Rebellion". By contrast, Maruki was human. He was a human who was imposing his own will on others. He too will become jaded in time and his desires will change with time as well. Not to mention, he will die one day as well. But he had no contingency for the "system" he had put in place. Remember when I said things would get worse once again for people? This is what I meant. Maruki could not sustain what he had done indefinitely. And once it got worse, the PT and others would find that they no longer had the strength of will to rebel once again, since they had given up the "Will of Rebellion" in the first place.And things would be far, far worse.

Remember, what the PT does and what MAruki did are One And The Same. But when PT steals Hearts, it's of criminals, and is clearly a punishment and Removal of a Threat.These people could not be punished otherwise and the damage of the criminals would have been devastating. When Maruki does it - it's to victims who are not a threat, and is a blatant removal of their free will and experiences so he can feel good that "No One Feels Hurt". That's the difference between the two.

These were the gist of points of the distortion of the final villain. And I agree that it made sense. It was brilliant by Atlus how they made such a compelling villain whose character you had to deeply analyze to find out his bad points, and yet - he was bad. There was no mistake. Although - from his POV - he was the "Hero". This is how villains would behave IRL (No one thinks they are villains in their own story and everyone has a reasoning as to why they did what they are doing). One of the best villains in gaming - he should be.

Also @GameAnalyzer congrats on the Platinum. Upload it and don't forget to claim the free theme codes that should come your way in a day or two. If you want the Persona you asked for

Spoiler

Satanael

you can get it in NG+ (It's NG+ exclusive). Plus there will be 2-3 exclusive NG+ bosses. And play with the Thieves Den and the exclusive videos and mini-game found there.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, b!T said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was so torn apart between last palace antagonist and the protagonist by the end of the game. Easily one of the best antagonists ever made not because of sheer evil like always but the blatant lack of it. They genuinely wanted the best for everyone. 

6 hours ago, roun90 said:

Oh man, so much can be said about the Final Antagonist and their distortion. I went into discussion forums almost immediately after finishing the game to discuss it, and the villain's distortion is so well hidden, it's amazing. There's a reason why the "Good Ending" is actually a "Bad End" and not the "True End"

Reveal hidden contents

1) Maruki removed fear by removing free will and options. He basically shut the door on some very important stuff. And stuff like that is a part of experience of a person and helps them grow. And the "Removal of Fear" was more self-service for himself, than for true actual benefit of the afflicted party. The decisions and changes he made - were not his to make in the first place.

Remember the love story that kept on playing in his Palace and how he obtained his first Persona? He essentially removed his Girlfriend's memory and made her a stranger. Sure, this removed her immediate trauma and made both her and him feel better. But, it also permanently closed the door on her ever recovering properly and growing stronger for it. Recovery was possible, but Maruki shut down that possibility completely, for someone else. Maruki had made no "Sacrifice" in his love story, he had run away and was under the delusion that it was a "Sacrifice". This theme is played again, and again, and again throughout the 3rd Semester. And it is also directly refuted as wrong in the game itself. For example, he made Sumire think she was Kasumi, but Sumire proved that she could get over the trauma of her sister's death and grow stronger and make her own choices for it. She did not need to live in a fantasy world. 

The same is true for all the Phantom Thieves. Maruki had - by erasing their trauma in the first place - also completely erased their growth. Remember, the theme of Persona 5 was "The Will to Rebel" and "Stand Up for yourself"? That was completely gone. For example, Futaba, throughout her arc had come to accept the death of her mother. She got to understand how to get over the trauma, how to come out of her room, how to face the World, how to assign the blame correctly, how to move on and how to get things done. She had come out far stronger for it. Think back on it, and you will find the same was true for all of the Phantom Thieves. And everyone's growth was completely negated by Maruki. If things went wrong again, and it was very highly possible they will - the PT would once again be unable to do anything and go back to how they were before Joker came along.

Remember the question, when you were doing Maruki's Palace (Mental Conditioning Section)? "You have a dream, but you are unable to achieve it. What will you do?" Maruki's ideal answer was "Give up on that dream and try something else" That is entirely how he lived by. Not do your best, not stand up from defeat, not "Never Give Up", but simply "Keep Moving On and On". This was Maruki's entire character. He so badly was afraid of getting hurt and failing that he would simply move on. And that was the same for his palace as well.

His very dream was handed to him by Joker on a plate. Their consultation sessions were the thing that gave Maruki the power to alter fate. Without Joker, he would simply have given up even there. That was who Maruki was. This is also reflected in the game. To unlock the 3rd Semester, you need to complete Maruki's (and only Maruki's) Confidant. Not Sumire or Akechi (Though they are new as well). That's because if you don't complete his confidant, he never finishes his paper (Since you did not put in the effort to spoon-feed him) and never completes his palace.

2) Maruki was not a God. Yaldabaoth was the very embodiment of human desires, and even he had grown tired of it by the time of Persona 5. But he still fulfilled their desires. The desire to have a mundane and routine life, being trapped in a rut - was actually the Will of the People. Tald granted that, but made Joker and Akechi as his own "Rebellion". By contrast, Maruki was human. He was a human who was imposing his own will on others. He too will become jaded in time and his desires will change with time as well. Not to mention, he will die one day as well. But he had no contingency for the "system" he had put in place. Remember when I said things would get worse once again for people? This is what I meant. Maruki could not sustain what he had done indefinitely. And once it got worse, the PT and others would find that they no longer had the strength of will to rebel once again, since they had given up the "Will of Rebellion" in the first place.And things would be far, far worse.

Remember, what the PT does and what MAruki did are One And The Same. But when PT steals Hearts, it's of criminals, and is clearly a punishment and Removal of a Threat.These people could not be punished otherwise and the damage of the criminals would have been devastating. When Maruki does it - it's to victims who are not a threat, and is a blatant removal of their free will and experiences so he can feel good that "No One Feels Hurt". That's the difference between the two.

These were the gist of points of the distortion of the final villain. And I agree that it made sense. It was brilliant by Atlus how they made such a compelling villain whose character you had to deeply analyze to find out his bad points, and yet - he was bad. There was no mistake. Although - from his POV - he was the "Hero". This is how villains would behave IRL (No one thinks they are villains in their own story and everyone has a reasoning as to why they did what they are doing). One of the best villains in gaming - he should be.

Also @GameAnalyzer congrats on the Platinum. Upload it and don't forget to claim the free theme codes that should come your way in a day or two. If you want the Persona you asked for

Hide contents

Satanael

you can get it in NG+ (It's NG+ exclusive). Plus there will be 2-3 exclusive NG+ bosses. And play with the Thieves Den and the exclusive videos and mini-game found there.

Man, Atlus is stealing people’s heart for real. They are amazing . :majesty:

Now I feel bad for completing the game. This game is a disease. 

There is literally so much to talk about the last place and the antagonist. It is easily one of the best antagonist in video games. 

I can’t imagine how awesome persona 6 will be compared to what they have done in Royal’s final palace.