Persona 5

'Pranay

2 hours ago, Jerush said:

Question about reading.

I'm now at 9/6 and haven't got a train seat from the mid of 6th month.

Do I've to spend time for reading from now on?

Guides say that I should've got seats in the 7th month, but I didn't get any

As far as I remember, the train reading dates are fixed. So if you have to get a seat on 6/29 for example, you will always get one on 6/29. Did you perhaps do something to prevent it (like say sending out calling cards on days previous to the train days - so it automatically takes you to palace boss)? Or was the guide you were using wrong (Maybe there were some date variations in Royal Version and you were using base version guide for example - or author was just plain mistaken?)

Anyway - train rides are just a bonus. If you've finished Speed Reading and levelled Temperance Confidant to Rank 5 - you will also regularly get chance to read in school without consuming a time slot (Speed reading will make you finish book quicker). If you are playing Royal version, there will be some days when you cannot go out in evening. You can Read or Study during that time as well (Since you can't do anything else other than read/study/play video games/clean toilet)

• Thanks 1

Ah.. must have used calling cards I guess. Only looked at a guide after not reading for 2 entire months

Unlocked temperance rank10, but have only received the slacking off option twice so far. It's too rare.

Using the base version.

Didn't know about speed reading. Will pursue that. Should be useful :arigato:

Edited by Jerush

So I have now clocked around 55 hours in the game and loving it. But just wanted to check a few things with you guys:

1. Is there anyway to mess up the game, I mean if I spend more time with certain characters and don't balance out characters or if I don't balance out my skills etc ? I am not following any guide as I don't want any spoilers but I don't want to reach the end and realise that I messed up mid way itself.

2. I know you can date in the game but do I have to max the character before I can date them ? Will there be some trigger of sorts ?

3. Is it okay if I don't include certain characters in my party at all during Palace runs ? I am currently sticking to a party which I like and ignore the other members is that okay ?

Try and provide spoiler free guidance if possible. Thanks guys.

1. Just keep acquiring better persona and fusing them and you should be fine. Levels don't matter all that much in this game. However, some confidants are better than other and maxing some out can make your life a lot easier. 

2. Yes to both questions. 

3. Yes. Like I said don't worry too much about levels. However make an assessment of the types of person as you encounter in a level and chose characters so as to cover the weaknesses across the party to preserve SP. There is also a confidant ability which gives same XP even to non party members. 
Thanks man just the kind of answers I was looking for

Persona 5 Royal has the highest Platinum completion rate among major PS4 exclusives

Months after the game’s release on the PS4, 16.7% of Persona 5 Royal players have earned the game’s platinum trophy. With this record, Persona 5 Royal now has the highest Platinum trophy completion rate among major PS4 exclusives.

Compared to the original Persona 5, where only 2.6% of players got the Platinum trophy. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Persona 5 Royal has the highest Platinum completion rate among major PS4 exclusives

Compared to the original Persona 5, where only 2.6% of players got the Platinum trophy. 

Expected tbh. Very Easy Platinum + a Real Incentive to Platinum, so most people would have got it. Now, if they actually count the amount of players who got all the in-game awards, that will be far less than the base game's 2.6% (It's far harder than the base game's platinum)

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Expected tbh. Very Easy Platinum + a Real Incentive to Platinum, so most people would have got it. Now, if they actually count the amount of players who got all the in-game awards, that will be far less than the base game's 2.6% (It's far harder than the base game's platinum)

This.

I gave up on awards after some time because some are a pita.

• 1 month later...

Okay so I am 130hrs in the game and I think I'm left with around 10-15hrs (loving every second of it) and I realised that I can actually get a Platinum, I am just missing a few trophies.

So a question - if I complete the game can I later go to an old save and get the trophy to get the platinum ? Or can I save right now at the point I am and go back to older saves to get the trophies then I can use this latest save and continue playing ?

Checking because I am not into platinum trophies but if I can get one using the above technique I might as well because it seems very much doable with only a few trophies remaining.

53 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Okay so I am 130hrs in the game and I think I'm left with around 10-15hrs (loving every second of it) and I realised that I can actually get a Platinum, I am just missing a few trophies.

So a question - if I complete the game can I later go to an old save and get the trophy to get the platinum ? Or can I save right now at the point I am and go back to older saves to get the trophies then I can use this latest save and continue playing ?

Checking because I am not into platinum trophies but if I can get one using the above technique I might as well because it seems very much doable with only a few trophies remaining.

Which version are you playing - Persona 5 Base or Persona 5 Royal? Also what trophies are you missing?

Which version are you playing - Persona 5 Base or Persona 5 Royal? Also what trophies are you missing?
Royal.
The two listed below, I don't think I have time left as crane game and Special Maid Menu both need multiple tries and days. So I can always go to an earlier save and complete these 2 then come back to the current save and complete it.

1. Win the Crane Game
2. Eat from the Special Maid Menu

There are two more but I read about them and simply completing the game will earn them so no issues.

So just these 2 can I just go to an older save ?

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Royal.
The two listed below, I don't think I have time left as crane game and Special Maid Menu both need multiple tries and days. So I can always go to an earlier save and complete these 2 then come back to the current save and complete it.

1. Win the Crane Game
2. Eat from the Special Maid Menu

There are two more but I read about them and simply completing the game will earn them so no issues.

So just these 2 can I just go to an older save ?

For just those 2, you can easily get them. Crane Game - just save scum, if you have even 1 free slot. Save and play - if you get prize, fine - trophy will pop up. If not, just reload. 

For Special menu, I think you needed 4 free slots. Just order the most expensive stuff 4 times and you will get the trophy the 5th time you visit (Of course save before 5th time visit, so after trophy pops up - you can reload, if you're not interested in spending time in the maid cafe)

Both easy trophies, and if you have free day or night slots, just get it done or go back to a previous save where there are free slots. No need for a fresh Play-through or New Game+ Play-through for these 2 trophies.

• Like 1

For just those 2, you can easily get them. Crane Game - just save scum, if you have even 1 free slot. Save and play - if you get prize, fine - trophy will pop up. If not, just reload. 

For Special menu, I think you needed 4 free slots. Just order the most expensive stuff 4 times and you will get the trophy the 5th time you visit (Of course save before 5th time visit, so after trophy pops up - you can reload, if you're not interested in spending time in the maid cafe)

Both easy trophies, and if you have free day or night slots, just get it done or go back to a previous save where there are free slots. No need for a fresh Play-through or New Game+ Play-through for these 2 trophies.
Thanks! I will give it a try with the limited time remaining else I'll just go to an old save.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SuperT said:

Is Persona 5 Scramble going to get an English release ? I mean a couple of months back it was confirmed but some recent articles suggest that it wont get a western release but some suggest we can expect a 2021 release. Very confusing :scratchchin:

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Wtf have these guys done to the 

Spoiler

Okamura boss battle

What idiots....how am I even supposed to fight so many of them at once :doh:Any decent workaround to finish this battle?

from what I recall it wasn’t this tough in the base game.....in the base game..the palace was tough but not the boss battle....but in royal they’ve messed it up.

Edited by kold_war

46 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Hide contents

Okamura boss battle

What idiots....how am I even supposed to fight so many of them at once :doh:Any decent workaround to finish this battle?

from what I recall it wasn’t this tough in the base game.....in the base game..the palace was tough but not the boss battle....but in royal they’ve messed it up.

Basically you need to ensure you get some Baton Pass chains going.

Target their weakness :

Little blue: Fire, wind

Little yellow: Ice

Red: Nuke

Blue: Wind

Green: Psi

Don't target their weakness with a move which hits them all, instead use your persona to hit each target with their weakness and continue till the end and at the end when there is only one remaining to hit, go for a move which hits them all then Baton Pass. Also, make sure you kill them if they run away it doesn't count. Lastly be careful of the self destruct attacks, kill those enemies which have received the self destruct order before they execute the order.

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, kold_war said:

Reveal hidden contents

Okamura boss battle

You have to kill them all at once. So think about baton pass. Defence up. Don’t always attack. 

1 hour ago, kold_war said:

Reveal hidden contents

Okamura boss battle

As @SuperT said, you have to use your AoE (Or Ma- Skills) to hit all enemies' weakness and kill them at once. Also, a tip: if you are finding the boss too difficult -Do the opposite of what people do when a game is too hard. In other words, turn the difficulty to Merciless (The Max Difficulty). At Merciless, the damage you take is multiplied, but the damage enemies take is multiplied as well. You can easily kill the entire lot continuously in the max difficulty. This boss battle is easiest in the hardest difficulty.

Edited by roun90