Persona 5

'Pranay

41 minutes ago, Jerush said:

P5R deluxe edition is on sale. Any important DLCs I'll be missing out if I buy this? Dont care about costumes 

I've already finished P5 vanilla 

Yes, P5R contains a new semester which is pretty amazing. You can do without the costumes but the extra content (and the new characters) is fantastic.

If you loved P5 and are willing to go through it again (P5R also made minor QoL improvements which are great), go for it. The new characters are present throughout the story. Who knows, the new girl may become your new best girl lol

Edited by Aloy
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jerush said:

P5R deluxe edition is on sale. Any important DLCs I'll be missing out if I buy this? Dont care about costumes 

I've already finished P5 vanilla 

Worth every Rupee, even if you've played base P5. Get it. Also, no, you are not missing any important DLC by not getting the Royal Ultimate Edition. It's all cosmetics, which you will have a boat-load of. Heck, you will also get all the P5 Vanilla DLCs for free if you get P5R Royal eluxe Edition (along with free gifts from Atlus based on your progression and IRL Concerts for free as well.)

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I have not played any persona at all, which game/edition should I consider? Something which covers all content 

All games are stand alone, so you should start with Persona 5 Royal (Don't start Persona Strikers because that's a spin-off). These games are turn based JRPGs, but the gameplay, side-content, music, story and characterizations are some of the best in gaming period. Don't play for the graphics though, that is generally not a focus. Also, these games are around 100+ hours of content (Main Game), so be ready for that. That said, it will not be tedious, and the amount of time is to tell the story properly (Having both the epic moments, and the down times where characters chill, and play around - so you start caring about them more), along with giving you stuff to do.

Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Edition is on sale in PSN, so you should give it a try if you're interested. Give it a chance, and this might just become one of your most favorite series ever - as has happened with everyone else here who tried it for the first time.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, roun90 said:

All games are stand alone, so you should start with Persona 5 Royal (Don't start Persona Strikers because that's a spin-off). These games are turn based JRPGs, but the gameplay, side-content, music, story and characterizations are some of the best in gaming period. Don't play for the graphics though, that is generally not a focus. Also, these games are around 100+ hours of content (Main Game), so be ready for that. That said, it will not be tedious, and the amount of time is to tell the story properly (Having both the epic moments, and the down times where characters chill, and play around - so you start caring about them more), along with giving you stuff to do.

Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Edition is on sale in PSN, so you should give it a try if you're interested. Give it a chance, and this might just become one of your most favorite series ever - as has happened with everyone else here who tried it for the first time.

thanks a lot man ?

Got P5R in sale. Time to sink another 150 hours lol. Maine firse backlog bakchodi shuru kar di hai [emoji28]. 
Any tips? 
If you've played the first then not much play it just like the first, the only thing to keep in mind is you have to level up certain characters to trigger the new semester, extra content and new endings. I don't want to spoil it here you can check it out online, there are some spoiler free articles available. Also, the platinum is very easy and you can get it in one play through if you're interested.

14 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Got P5R in sale. Time to sink another 150 hours lol. Maine firse backlog bakchodi shuru kar di hai ?

Any tips? 

As the game says, Take Your Time!

And as SuperT said, don't forget to spend time with the new characters.

I really really want to go through the ride again but sadly I don't have the luxury right now to play a 100+ hours game....Will probably do it at least once before P6 comes out, that is by the end of the decade lol

21 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Got P5R in sale. Time to sink another 150 hours lol. Maine firse backlog bakchodi shuru kar di hai ?

Any tips? 

I mean you have already played original P5 so you know most of the things. But for the best ending you need to fulfill some criteria. Otherwise you won’t get it. Make sure you do that. I almost missed it but somehow I reload my old save and had to do it all over again. Welcome to the awesomeness. 

22 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Any tips? 

Third semester needs to be unlocked and has specific requirements, don't miss it or the game is basically P5 non-Royal.

32 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Same. Gentle Madman and Out of Kindness are my all time fav. I still listen it and don’t feel bored.

This is my go to music for the time

Always uplifts my mood

11 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Third semester needs to be unlocked and has specific requirements, don't miss it or the game is basically P5 non-Royal.

This 

Do this else you’ll have to roll back to old saves (if you have separate old saves in the first place) 

I had to put in 20-25 hrs extra cos I reverted back to an old save to get the 3rd sem story unlock :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone have any luck getting the themes and avatars from Royal?

I never got them despite having all four trophies.

I wrote in to Sony India but after giving them the info they requested, they never replied. lol

55 minutes ago, petey said:

Did anyone have any luck getting the themes and avatars from Royal?

I never got them despite having all four trophies.

I wrote in to Sony India but after giving them the info they requested, they never replied. lol

1) Are you playing the Indian version of Persona 5 Royal? If you are doing something like buying from US PSN and playing in Indian account or buying from Indian PSN and playing in US/non-EU Account, you are out of luck.

2) You have to sync the trophy data. If you are playing with PSN offline, you will not get the themes.

3) You have to check the Promotions and Spams folder in your email (which is linked to PSN). Normal inbox will not have the codes.

So long as you satisfy the conditions above, you should get the codes. I got it, Atlus are pretty prompt in sending it (Atlus/SEGA EU, not Sony or Atlus US). You might also have already received the codes, just check your email's Promotions Tab or Spam Tab.

Edited by roun90

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

1) Are you playing the Indian version of Persona 5 Royal? If you are doing something like buying from US PSN and playing in Indian account or buying from Indian PSN and playing in US/non-EU Account, you are out of luck.

2) You have to sync the trophy data. If you are playing with PSN offline, you will not get the themes.

3) You have to check the Promotions and Spams folder in your email (which is linked to PSN). Normal inbox will not have the codes.

So long as you satisfy the conditions above, you should get the codes. I got it, Atlus are pretty prompt in sending it (Atlus/SEGA EU, not Sony or Atlus US). You might also have already received the codes, just check your email's Promotions Tab or Spam Tab.

Yep, it's the Indian version (digital), trophies are synced and show up, but I never received any emails. :(

Here's hoping they'll eventually get back to me, just wrote in to remind them since it's been 3 months since I last wrote to Sony India.

Edited by petey