Persona 5

'Pranay

44 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Xbox Gamepass is the ultimate destination for Persona :majesty:

True. 

PS5 users are stuck at 30 fps (even people who previously purchased P5R) and they need to pay full price to play the same game again. 

And Xbox users will get the next gen version @60 FPS on gamepass.  

Edited by Vamos

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Weirdly it is cheaper to import on Switch ?

Weird decision by Atlus to sell @ full price on PS5 once again. 

Should've been a free upgrade for existing owners. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Vamos said:

It includes all the dlcs, and there's lots of them. Otherwise there isn't much difference. 

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

It includes all the dlcs, and there's lots of them. Otherwise there isn't much difference. 

I was bummed looking at the price on Steam tbh. Expected it to be cheaper considering the P4G has regional pricing

I am excited that these games are coming back to portable platforms. Persona games should defacto get released on handhelds. I just bought Persona 5 for Switch and will get P4 and P3 once they release on the Switch. Or get all three on Steam once I get the Steam Deck :D 

Edited by l33tmaniac

• 2 weeks later...

So turns out this game is pretty CPU heavy, which is causing the game to stutter heavily in areas like the Backstreets / Underground Mall. My CPU usage shoots up to 100%.

I have to kill the game and then restart it every time this happens. Fortunately, doing this causes the stutter to go away, at least for the next 30 minutes or so. 

Not sure why this game would be so CPU heavy. I ran God Of War without any issues. Not even dropping the settings seem to have any effect. 

2 hours ago, lithuvien said:

So turns out this game is pretty CPU heavy, which is causing the game to stutter heavily in areas like the Backstreets / Underground Mall. My CPU usage shoots up to 100%.

I have to kill the game and then restart it every time this happens. Fortunately, doing this causes the stutter to go away, at least for the next 30 minutes or so. 

Not sure why this game would be so CPU heavy. I ran God Of War without any issues. Not even dropping the settings seem to have any effect. 

Just curious, what's your configuration? 

On 11/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Just curious, what's your configuration? 

i5-6500, 1060 6GB,

I know the minimum requirement stated is i7-4790, but I didn't expect the CPU to be such a big bottleneck here :)

Its a good thing the game is awesome ,else I would have been might upset

3 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

i5-6500, 1060 6GB,

I know the minimum requirement stated is i7-4790, but I didn't expect the CPU to be such a big bottleneck here :)

Its a good thing the game is awesome ,else I would have been might upset

Ah a fellow 1060 user. We seem to be turning into ancient relics now mate. ?

No Xbox to run it on? 

• 2 months later...

After hearing so much praise for it over the years, finally started this today(P5R). Reached till the point where one lawyer has come to meet the protagonist and I am not able to follow much about what is being discussed. This is my first persona game so is it recommended to watch some summary of older games or should I just keep playing? 
Also, after first Ni No Kuni, this is just the 2nd traditional turn based JRPG I've ever played, so not getting the gameplay much ? I kick them, then they kick me, till the (currently weaker) enemies dies. The game hasnt explained anything at all regarding the various options on display. Any tips/inputs regarding the gameplay?

Edited by Bauji

3 hours ago, Bauji said:

is it recommended to watch some summary of older games or should I just keep playing? 

Nope. I completed it without any prior knowledge. Just go in blind and you'll have a lot of fun. I would recommend checking the requirements to unlocking the third semester though as it has the final portion of Royal's storyline and probably the best ending in my opinion. I was doing a full achievement run in a single playthrough, so had to use a guide to be on point with the schedule, but it's not really necessary. You'll easily pick up the gameplay loop once you progress further into the storyline. 

• Thanks 1