Persona 5

'Pranay

• 2 weeks later...

6 hrs in and hooked!!

Reached to the point where I have around 2 weeks to infiltrate Kamoshida's palace. I guess I can try multiple times till that deadline? Or should I tackle that right away?(currently at lvl5)

Haven't checked any YT walkthrough in order to avoid any story spoilers.

4 minutes ago, Bauji said:

6 hrs in and hooked!!

Reached to the point where I have around 2 weeks to infiltrate Kamoshida's palace. I guess I can try multiple times till that deadline? Or should I tackle that right away?(currently at lvl5)

Haven't checked any YT walkthrough in order to avoid any story spoilers.

You need to wrap it up within that deadline. You can access it at any point during that. Personally, I'd complete every palace within the first 2-3 days, this allowed time to freely focus on the remaining social activities. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Thanks 1

^^ Got it. I was trying to figure out if there is some minimum level recommended for it. Don't want the game to do hand holding but this one is not that beginner friendly :( For example, fusion word keep popping up whenever I learn a new skill, but the game hasn't provided any info at all about what it is and how it works.

12 hours ago, Bauji said:

^^ Got it. I was trying to figure out if there is some minimum level recommended for it. Don't want the game to do hand holding but this one is not that beginner friendly :( For example, fusion word keep popping up whenever I learn a new skill, but the game hasn't provided any info at all about what it is and how it works.

I just XP farmed the hell out of the below and got to level 12 with all my party before taking on Kamoshida. You'll need to pay attention to fusion later down the line when you start raking in more personas. Essentially, it's combining different variety of personas to get your a newer one which has allows some combination traits and some new ones. They will give you more skills to play around with, so keep experimenting with them to form powerful ones. At the start, it's fine to just go with the normal ones that you gain along the journey. Whatever you do, DO NOT use the DLC personas, they are crazy overpowered and broken. This game offers a very deep combat mechanic if players choose to explore to the very end and it's very rewarding. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I just XP farmed the hell out of the below and got to level 12 with all my party before taking on Kamoshida.

Thanks but this is where I start losing interest in rpgs :( Guess by the time I will unlock throne room I shud be at level 7-8, will grind till lvl 10 or so and try Kamoshida.

49 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Thanks but this is where I start losing interest in rpgs :( Guess by the time I will unlock throne room I shud be at level 7-8, will grind till lvl 10 or so and try Kamoshida.

Ah I see. Don't get me wrong, that's just how I'm wired and usually tend to over prepare for some reason. You don't have to follow it to that extent. :P 

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

Have played it just for an hour, but Persona games tend to be grind free at beginning. 

Cannot say about how it ends though.

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Ah I see. Don't get me wrong, that's just how I'm wired and usually tend to over prepare for some reason. You don't have to follow it to that extent. :P 

Ya, gaming time is a luxury these days :( rather than grinding to make the game easier would prefer to lower the difficulty level itself :D 

5 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Ya, gaming time is a luxury these days :( rather than grinding to make the game easier would prefer to lower the difficulty level itself :D 

That is totally understandable and exactly something that my brother does. He waits for me to completed an RPG and uses the NG+ option to carry my save over. :P 

In that case, this game has a perfect option for you. Pick the 'Safety' difficulty and it will essentially just revive you with full health and MP if you ever die during any battle, with the enemies health being where it was when you died. You can just have fun cruising along the combat with this mode. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

4 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

In that case, this game has a perfect option for you. Pick the 'Safety' difficulty and it will essentially just revive you with full health and MP if you ever die during any battle, with the enemies health being where it was when you died. You can just have fun cruising along the combat with this mode. 

Thanks, will use this as last resort. 

Remember- complete all Palaces as soon as possible. Most Palace will take 2 days by default, at the very minimum (1 to reach boss and 1 to send Calling Letter). So if you take 2 days to reach the boss/treasure- you will need 3 days to complete the Palace and so on. Some Palaces even force you to go out early via story beats, in which case they will take 3 days to complete at minimum (Lamoshida's Palace is not included in this)

These days are precious. They can be used to advance confidante, stats, side-quests etc. if not eaten up by the Palaces. So complete the Palaces in as short run as you can (Preferably the first time you enter itself).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roun90 said:

Remember- complete all Palaces as soon as possible. Most Palace will take 2 days by default, at the very minimum (1 to reach boss and 1 to send Calling Letter). So if you take 2 days to reach the boss/treasure- you will need 3 days to complete the Palace and so on. Some Palaces even force you to go out early via story beats, in which case they will take 3 days to complete at minimum (Lamoshida's Palace is not included in this)

These days are precious. They can be used to advance confidante, stats, side-quests etc. if not eaten up by the Palaces. So complete the Palaces in as short run as you can (Preferably the first time you enter itself).

Thanks. I was doing the complete opposite :doh:Was doing side activities so as to get as strong as possible before tackling the palace when a day or two left, like usually how it happens in games in general. None of the characters gave any hint or any other message/tutorial provided by the game so that I cud have made an informed decision on how to proceed. Poor job by the game.

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

Thanks. I was doing the complete opposite :doh:Was doing side activities so as to get as strong as possible before tackling the palace when a day or two left, like usually how it happens in games in general. None of the characters gave any hint or any other message/tutorial provided by the game so that I cud have made an informed decision on how to proceed. Poor job by the game.

I believe in Royal, Morgana warns you once you're close to the deadline and you'll also keep receiving text from your party members asking you to head to the palace. It's fine if you want to build your social links for a week after receiving the initial deadline. Just keep the final week reserved to complete your palace activities. In the early game, there is very less benefit to putting off the palace completion ASAP as the Personas are pretty low level and your fusions will have better effect once you reach the second palace and get the hang of the mechanics. So it's a thumb rule to always complete the palace upon receiving the deadline and work on your social activities in the free time to boost up your confidants and other stats. Did you get the 100K Yen from your room's box? It's a decent sum as a part of the starter pack. You can buy some healing items from Takemi's clinic (once she unlocks on 18th April). 

• Thanks 1

Done with Kamoshida palace in one long session over the weekend. Wasnt having enuf lockpicks so missed two golden chests but was able to find all the will seeds. The boss fight was very well done and was like a short story chapter in itself with multiple characters showing up and few story related decisions to make. So the turn based fight wasnt boring or felt dragged at all as was the case with NNK. Finally a tutorial on Fusion showed up, but havnt got the hang of it completely yet. Thought of checking some YT videos on tips but damn those are overwhelming and hard to follow :lol:

Spoiler

Example:

On 2/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

I believe in Royal, Morgana warns you once you're close to the deadline and you'll also keep receiving text from your party members asking you to head to the palace.

They simply text if we are going to the palace today..thats it.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Did you get the 100K Yen from your room's box?

Dint get it. Seems like thats a perk you get only if you have another persona game's save files in the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

Dint get it. Seems like thats a perk you get only if you have another persona game's save files in the system.

That's odd. I didn't have any previous save file and still got it. Is this Persona 5 Royal for PS4 or the newly released PS5 version?

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

They simply text if we are going to the palace today..thats it

On the final day you mean prior to the deadline?

As for the treasure chest you missed, don't worry, nothing too important would be there in the early game that you can't make up for later. 

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Is this Persona 5 Royal for PS4 or the newly released PS5 version?

P5R for PS4

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

On the final day you mean prior to the deadline?

Every day after school they used to text like this, which gives no indication about the urgency.

11 hours ago, Bauji said:

P5R for PS4

Ah, then it makes sense. The recent one had all the DLCs and that 100K bonus. 

11 hours ago, Bauji said:

Every day after school they used to text like this, which gives no indication about the urgency.

Yeah that's the standard texts you'll always get from them. However, if you're very close to the deadline, Morgana warns you with a different dialogue or at least that's what someone told me when I started the game. 

• 1 month later...