Persona 5

'Pranay

On 1/6/2018 at 11:15 AM, Aruban said:

The turning point for me was today. Yesterday I was going to beat the boss of the first place. I was at level 9 and I thought it would be manageable since its the first boss. Boy I was wrong...he kicked my a*s three times in a row and I was getting frustrated. I put the game down and spent the entire work day raging over the boss. Now I wanted to kick his a*s as much as the game characters want to.

Today I picked it up back and then I realized what I was doing wrong. It was a battle of endurance and I was being aggressive instead of defensive. I switched my tactics and designated separate roles to each of my party members and I beat the boss without a hassle. Wow, never have I felt such a huge difference in results for a tactic in a game. And the final outcome in story after a few days felt all the more satisfying. I am liking JRPGs now.

Same thing happened to me....sorta....but somehow later on cleared that boss fight  and the castle as wfar :....lol conserving sp is such a pita .....but once I was done with the 1st castle....now its become easier to conserve sp

Edited by kold_war

• 1 month later...

just about to start the last castle now...about 75 hrs done so far.....wasted about 6-7 hours in the 1st castle cos i fked up and it made me repeat a week :P 

but anyways overall what a game damn.......my 1st persona game .....its like the game of the forever for me!

will definitely try p4g soon 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kold_war said:

just about to start the last castle now...about 75 hrs done so far.....wasted about 6-7 hours in the 1st castle cos i fked up and it made me repeat a week :P 

but anyways overall what a game damn.......my 1st persona game .....its like the game of the forever for me!

will definitely try p4g soon 

By last which dungeon are you in right now? I ask because there are red herrings that make it feel like the last dungeon but it's not. Also did you catch up to the present timeline?

Any Persona game ending is going to leave you sad. It makes a person feel something is missing inside, as it feels like you are saying goodbye to friends every time.

If you are going to play P4G, keep in mind that the beginning is quite slow compared to P5. You will spend first couple of hours without doing anything related to the mystical World or have battles. But that's fine since that precious time is used for establishing friendships and character development. And the game is absolutely awesome if you can get past that initial couple of hours. Oh and you are not Phantom Thieves in that one, so the way some mechanics work is different. And the dungeons are procedurally generated in P4G, like Mementoes and not hand-crafted like the P5 Palaces. Some QoL changes are not there and the calender is much stricter if you are looking to max Social Links.

But the game is absolutely awesome, despite all that. Character interactions are one of the best you will find in any games period. It goes straight in the list of the best games you can play in your lifetime and should not be missed at any cost. Just pointing out the negatives, so you can be prepared going in as to what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

By last which dungeon are you in right now? I ask because there are red herrings that make it feel like the last dungeon but it's not. Also did you catch up to the present timeline?

Any Persona game ending is going to leave you sad. It makes a person feel something is missing inside, as it feels like you are saying goodbye to friends every time.

If you are going to play P4G, keep in mind that the beginning is quite slow compared to P5. You will spend first couple of hours without doing anything related to the mystical World or have battles. But that's fine since that precious time is used for establishing friendships and character development. And the game is absolutely awesome if you can get past that initial couple of hours. Oh and you are not Phantom Thieves in that one, so the way some mechanics work is different. And the dungeons are procedurally generated in P4G, like Mementoes and not hand-crafted like the P5 Palaces. Some QoL changes are not there and the calender is much stricter if you are looking to max Social Links.

But the game is absolutely awesome, despite all that. Character interactions are one of the best you will find in any games period. It goes straight in the list of the best games you can play in your lifetime and should not be missed at any cost. Just pointing out the negatives, so you can be prepared going in as to what to expect.

Done with the okamura castle ,now all the drama behind the phantom theiives is going on currentl

y

haven't caught up to the present as of now....still finding out as to who's trying to setup the phantom thrives ....people are losing belief in the phantom theives and phantom theives radar just dropped from 90% down to 25-30% 

As for p4g.....I'm yet to complete this ,will take it up after 3-4 months but thanks for the heads up 

11 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Reveal hidden contents

Done with the okamura castle ,now all the drama behind the phantom theiives is going on currentl

y

haven't caught up to the present as of now....still finding out as to who's trying to setup the phantom thrives ....people are losing belief in the phantom theives and phantom theives radar just dropped from 90% down to 25-30% 

As for p4g.....I'm yet to complete this ,will take it up after 3-4 months but thanks for the heads up 

As I thought, you are nowhere near the end yet. I will say you are at late mid-game now. There is still quite a ways for you to go. Also, just to save you some pain later, do not ignore mementos. Do them as and when you are able, up to the last point you can reach. Also, when you do catch up to the present, be careful with the interrogation going on. A hint -

Spoiler

remember what's most precious in the entire game and stay loyal to that.

That's all I can say without major spoilers.

Edited by roun90

54 minutes ago, roun90 said:

As I thought, you are nowhere near the end yet. I will say you are at late mid-game now. There is still quite a ways for you to go. Also, just to save you some pain later, do not ignore mementos. Do them as and when you are able, up to the last point you can reach. Also, when you do catch up to the present, be careful with the interrogation going on. A hint -

Hide contents

remember what's most precious in the entire game and stay loyal to that.

That's all I can say without major spoilers.

Awesome! So only ive finished half? Thank god! more the gameplay .....the better for me :D want to stay away from mp games for a while :fear:

Ive been spending a lot of time in mementos ....ive covered a lot of cases imo ....I'm rarely getting cases now....but as and when I get the time ,I do explore mementos

Also thanks for spoiler part ....noted!

Edited by kold_war

1 hour ago, kold_war said:

Awesome! So only ive finished half? Thank god! more the gameplay .....the better for me :D want to stay away from mp games for a while :fear:

Ive been spending a lot of time in mementos ....ive covered a lot of cases imo ....I'm rarely getting cases now....but as and when I get the time ,I do explore mementos

Also thanks for spoiler part ....noted!

Enjoy. Also when you do understand what's going on and see a certain major moment, do post reactions here. That's one of the major awesome moments in game, and you will know what it is when you reach it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Enjoy. Also when you do understand what's going on and see a certain major moment, do post reactions here. That's one of the major awesome moments in game, and you will know what it is when you reach it.

Will do! :)

3 hours ago, kold_war said:

Reveal hidden contents

y

What @roun90 said is spot on. P4g is my number one game. At the end of it I was really torn up because after spending months with it, I was sad to leave it all behind. Haven't played p5 yet because I know I'll have to really invest a lot of time with it, and it's really hard these days for me.

18 minutes ago, Walker said:

What @roun90 said is spot on. P4g is my number one game. At the end of it I was really torn up because after spending months with it, I was sad to leave it all behind. Haven't played p5 yet because I know I'll have to really invest a lot of time with it, and it's really hard these days for me.

I'll have the same feeling after completing p5.....thats y I was happy when he mentioned I was just halfway through :happydance:

Also same here ....I play 1030pm-1230 am during the weekdays ....so was able to complete this much in 1.5 months :P

Edited by kold_war

43 minutes ago, Walker said:

True, you are in for a long haul if you start Persona 5. But that game is absolutely not to be missed as well. Persona 5 is what happens when Atlus went systematically searching for every Persona 4 weakness and changed it to the point of making it a new strength for the series. This is along with maintaining what already were the (very substantial) strengths of Persona 4. The improvements are not to be underestimated. Some of my favorite are -

1) Villains are improved to the sky. Every single villain will give you a reason to hate him (unlike the P4G shadow selves), and that reason is very effective. In fact people have started competitions as to which villain they hate more in P5 and even the very first villains are not to be under-estimated in that competition of scumbaggery.

2) Social Links have been improved. They are called "Confidants" now and for a very good reason. Unlike P4, these people you form links with are not random mooks on the street. Every person can give something to the Phantom Thieves (PT for short) and the interactions are very meaningful. What starts as a give-and-take relationship with these people evolves to a relationship of trust built over time (as you advance in links) which is shown very well.

3) Confidants also affect gameplay mechanics, and you get various different mechanics as you go further in confidants. For example, one Confidant teaches you how to give speeches and this directly improves your negotiation skills.

4) Random battles are no longer with the black blobs (which we called shadows), but with actual Personas, all of which have proper animations and 3d models.

5) Getting new Personas, is no longer via random card draws, but instead via hostage negotiations. You can hold the enemy Personas hostage and demand that they join you, give you money or items via negotiation. Conversely, the enemy Personas can also hold you or your party members hostage and negotiate for things from you.

6) The individual palaces are beautiful. Every Palace has it's own unique theme, puzzles and challenges which you have to overcome.

7) Each villain arc feels like it's own story, but they are all interconnected in ways which I cannot tell without spoilers.

8) The stakes are much higher for the PT and you really feel the urgency with the threat of each villain.

9) Much like the Italian Job, each member of the PT have their own skills (according to the story) and are not a random gathering.

10) As always the story, character interactions and OST is awesome. It truly feels like Persona, and will leave you sad when the game ends.

The only neutral difference I will say is that the anime comedy that you had in P4 is a little toned down here, but it's still there.

Overall, this is a game that's not to be missed. Do play it when you have the time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, roun90 said:

I see what u meant....I was not even mid way of the game lol

Just caught up with  the present now....holy sh*t that plot twist .....though I knew it for sure that it had to be this dumbass doing all this ....but I understand now what u meant by think and answer the vital questions carefully .....I went on denying sae nijima about my accomplices .....won't rat out my persona teammates xD....let's see how the story turns out to be !

I was a bit sleepy though(slept super late cos of this damn game :P ) when the cutscenes were shown ..I'll see the cutscenes again...but how the hell is he alive after being shot 

Edited by kold_war
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kold_war said:

I see what u meant....I was not even mid way of the game lol

Reveal hidden contents

Just caught up with  the present now....holy sh*t that plot twist .....though I knew it for sure that it had to be this dumbass doing all this ....but I understand now what u meant by think and answer the vital questions carefully .....I went on denying sae nijima about my accomplices .....won't rat out my persona teammates xD....let's see how the story turns out to be !

I was a bit sleepy though(slept super late cos of this damn game :P ) when the cutscenes were shown ..I'll see the cutscenes again...but how the hell is he alive after being shot 

Everything will be explained and it feels awesome when it is. If possible, post reactions to the next calling card you will send out. All these moments highlight just how awesome the PT really are, and the amazing intelligence and reach they have. It really feels like you are playing as a sophisticated group of underground criminals lol.  The group is just too awesome. Still a bit of ways for the game to end, you would now be appx. 65%-70%) through. The present arc is quite big and is one of the best times in the entire game.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

Everything will be explained and it feels awesome when it is. If possible, post reactions to the next calling card you will send out. All these moments highlight just how awesome the PT really are, and the amazing intelligence and reach they have. It really feels like you are playing as a sophisticated group of underground criminals lol.  The group is just too awesome. Still a bit of ways for the game to end, you would now be appx. 65%-70%) through. The present arc is quite big and is one of the best times in the entire game.

Oh ok....there will be some explanation later on? Good good ...i.thought I missed out on the explanation  due to sleepiness :P

Ya hopefully I'll remember to post here upon sending the next calling card 

Also,Totally agree on the amazing intelligence and reach part

And once u send the calling card and enter the castle ,the soundtrack then is so amazing :wub:

And good to know the present arc is big! Can't wait! ......but a part of me doesn't want this game to end ....too bad I've finished 70% :P

On 5/23/2018 at 9:45 PM, harjas said:

Soo.... Err if anyone finds a deal on the digital version of it lemme know :3

Damn ....din know u wanted else would have told u.....there was a deal week or 2 back.....anyways if and when there's a price drop you can get notified by psprices.com

Just add email notification alert for persona 5 for us/IND stores

Also @roun90

just completed getting all the letters in shido's palace ,defeated akechi .....rip?

:( Maybe? He maybe is alive I guess? Cos if u die in cognitive world u don't die IRL right? Anyways let that element of suspense remain....I'll eventually get to know what will happen :P

Just sent the calling card to shido's and now I have to fight shido

Sorta felt bad defeating akechi but that had to happen....that sequence of boss battles though ,the cleaner+akechi+black mask akechi.....my God that whole sequence was like 1.5hrs :O finished the entire battle in one attempt though :P (playing in Normal mode iirc....not easy)

Edited by kold_war
  • Like 1

@harjas If you are fine with the physical version, Persona 5 is going for approximately 3400 INR on Flipkart and 3600 INR on Amazon, which is a very good price for this game.

@kold_war 

Spoiler

Unfortunately, the game does not make the fate of Akechi clear. What you have seen of Akechi, is the last you will see of him in this game. It's implied that he's dead (remember, he is a Persona user, so he came physically to Shido's palace), but his ultimate fate is not shown.

We will have to wait till any spinoffs release to find out more. Maybe Persona 5 Dancing will make his fate clear. But, if I have to bet, I will say he did not die. Akechi is too popular to be killed off, and I bet that they will make him come back in future spin-offs such as a potential Persona 5 Arena game . I suspect that's why they did not show us Akechi's final moments in this game.

53 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@harjas If you are fine with the physical version, Persona 5 is going for approximately 3400 INR on Flipkart and 3600 INR on Amazon, which is a very good price for this game.

@kold_war 

Hide contents

Unfortunately, the game does not make the fate of Akechi clear. What you have seen of Akechi, is the last you will see of him in this game. It's implied that he's dead (remember, he is a Persona user, so he came physically to Shido's palace), but his ultimate fate is not shown.

We will have to wait till any spinoffs release to find out more. Maybe Persona 5 Dancing will make his fate clear. But, if I have to bet, I will say he did not die. Akechi is too popular to be killed off, and I bet that they will make him come back in future spin-offs such as a potential Persona 5 Arena game . I suspect that's why they did not show us Akechi's final moments in this game.

I got the incomplete steelbook version (outer cover/enclosure sleeve missing) for 1800 on olx :P worth it xD

oh so they don't reveal more about akechi?that sucks ...but ya he's too big of a character to be killed with zero follow up. . How good was persona 4 arena  btw?

@kold_war Persona 4 Arena is a good game. It's a very good fighting game. But I would suggest that you play Persona 4 (Golden if possible) before playing the Arena games. The story will make much more sense only if you have played the previous game. Arena story mode is set after the events of Persona 4 Golden and story can be seen as a sequel. So play Golden first. Not only that, but Golden is an awesome game, and the P4 journey should only start from there.

Also, if you ever do want to buy Persona 4 Arena, get Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (the sequel to P4A) and get the dlc for the original story mode for cheap, instead of buying the 2 games separately.

• Like 1