Persona 5

'Pranay

31 minutes ago, roun90 said:

There are other female confidants you've not met yet. And rejecting them is going to be pretty brutal :rofl:. In fact you'll feel pretty sorry for it.

Also, if you want to know about Valentine's Day (No Story Spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

No, you don't have to reject anyone after it. You still remain romanced with everyone lol. Circumstances - I will not explain. Just see for yourself. It's actually pretty fun. So Go Forth and capture everyone O Pokemon Master!!

Gotta say - Makoto and Ann have 2 of the worst Confidant Arcs in the game though. Everyone else (Both male and female) are miles better.

Who are these :naughty:

I guess one of them is the Goth doctor, :naughty: " my little guinea pig " :naughty:

Meanwhile it just occurred to me that this would make for a good Switch( or any new portable console Sony would make ) game.

The social sim sections are totally fit for portable device where you can play anywhere, anytime.

Wish they would give us like 3-4 timeslots in a day rather than the current two though.

I got all hyper thinking in this summer vacation period there would be like 3 time slots.

17 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Who are these :naughty:

I guess one of them is the Goth doctor, :naughty: " my little guinea pig " :naughty:

Meanwhile it just occurred to me that this would make for a good Switch( or any new portable console Sony would make ) game.

The social sim sections are totally fit for portable device where you can play anywhere, anytime.

Wish they would give us like 3-4 timeslots in a day rather than the current two though.

I got all hyper thinking in this summer vacation period there would be like 3 time slots.

My man - you've not even completed your party yet. There are still far more members to come. And it seems you've not even started or done much of the non-party member confidants if you're making this statement. If you want to know who all your confidants are, see this -

https://hardcoregamer.com/2020/03/31/persona-5-royal-confidant-guide/370507/

BTW, since you've finished Palace 4, did you see the section where Yusuke re-arranged Futaba's doll collection. Did you recognize the arrangement? It's a great easter egg.

Spoiler

v6un50urE8-ZJ0mEWSxOyy8rGcu4QMCiBeoR_73Z

Man Yusuke is hilarious :lol:

Edited by roun90

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

My man - you've not even completed your party yet. There are still far more members to come. And it seems you've not even started or done much of the non-party member confidants if you're making this statement. If you want to know who all your confidants are, see this -

https://hardcoregamer.com/2020/03/31/persona-5-royal-confidant-guide/370507/

BTW, since you've finished Palace 4, did you see the section where Yusuke re-arranged Futaba's doll collection. Did you recognize the arrangement? It's a great easter egg.

Reveal hidden contents

v6un50urE8-ZJ0mEWSxOyy8rGcu4QMCiBeoR_73Z

Man Yusuke is hilarious :lol:

There is this Haru woman plus Kasumi and Akechi who will join party that much I know.

I have most of the confidants, only Painter-man, Iwai and THATS THE BEST PART teacher aren't getting my time.

Poor painter man, he seems to give good lulz, even in normal gameplay.

I'm too busy with Shogi cutie, the fortune teller chick, the politician dude and the journalist woman( these last too mainly to level up charm, Makoto's next confidant level needs level 4 charm ).

btw does the politician dude actually get elected as Dietman in the end, or is he eternally consigned to screech from atop a box in the central square? I'm level 8 confidant I think on him, got him to REFUSE both deals offered to him.

11 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

btw does the politician dude actually get elected as Dietman in the end, or is he eternally consigned to screech from atop a box in the central square? I'm level 8 confidant I think on him, got him to REFUSE both deals offered to him.

Can't talk about him as it involves end game discussions. You'll find out what's happening soon enough.

Edited by roun90

tenor.gif?itemid=10513221

My god that Okumura boss fight.

Spent 3 ours getting my a*s handed over to be by the Japanese Ambani's minions.

Till I decided to start from the previous day, spend 2 days getting those items that do psy and wind damage, and equipped Ann dono with that ring of the glutton.

Also purchased those psy and wind boosting rings for Ms Floof and Morgana.

Just now I finished the boss fight phew.

tbh I found the weak to wind tall robots and the last set of 4 green buff robots tougher than even the big robot at the end.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10513221

My god that Okumura boss fight.

Spent 3 ours getting my a*s handed over to be by the Japanese Ambani's minions.

Till I decided to start from the previous day, spend 2 days getting those items that do psy and wind damage, and equipped Ann dono with that ring of the glutton.

Also purchased those psy and wind boosting rings for Ms Floof and Morgana.

Just now I finished the boss fight phew.

tbh I found the weak to wind tall robots and the last set of 4 green buff robots tougher than even the big robot at the end.

Yup, having to target everyone in 1 turn or restart is a pain. Ironically, that fight is easiest in Merciless (i.e. Hardest) difficulty. That's because you take very high more damage in merciless, but you also deal out far more damage when you exploit weakness and Baton Pass. Also, don't forget to play Billiards and Darts in Kichi-joji. Billiards will improve technical damage while darts will improve your Baton Passes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup, having to target everyone in 1 turn or restart is a pain. Ironically, that fight is easiest in Merciless (i.e. Hardest) difficulty. That's because you take very high more damage in merciless, but you also deal out far more damage when you exploit weakness and Baton Pass. Also, don't forget to play Billiards and Darts in Kichi-joji. Billiards will improve technical damage while darts will improve your Baton Passes.

Thanks, didn't know this at all, I thought those are for social stats imporvement lol.

Also hit max Charm, now onto romancing my red eyed cutie.

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Man, what I would do experience the game again. Playing it is like experiencing a high. Maybe I'll play P5R on PS5. 

Worth it on PS4 itself tbh. There are tons of small changes layered throughout the game right from the beginning that the play-through never gets stale. Gameplay is changed quite a bit right from the beginning as well. There are new stuff added in between as well. All that's before you get the major addition that is the 3rd Semester, which in itself is big enough to fit a new game in (around 30 hours) - which is very high quality and adds one of the best villains/arcs to gaming period. Plus, to sweeten the deal they also added extras like IRL Concerts (which are usually purchased via Blu Ray or Digital), premium themes, extra mini-games and all.

It's well worth it. Play it again. As someone who played both base P5 and P5R, I can say you won't regret it. There is not much scope for further technical improvement on PS5. No point in waiting. Also not sure about this, but IMO this game will not come to any other platforms (XSX/Nintendo/PC - what have you) because Sony seems to have a deal where they get mainline Personas exclusive and Nintendo gets mainline SMT Games exclusive (Hence why P5S, which is a sequel is multi-plat but P5/P5R is not)

Edited by roun90

45 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yep. That boss is a breeze on hardest difficulty

Want to know what's funny? These are the

Best Metacritic Games of 2020 (On All Platforms):

RFE21VN.jpg

Best Opencritic Games of 2020 (All Platforms):

ePkxUId.jpg

Persona 5 Royal, a remake of a 2016/2017 game, beats out all other games including the hyped up VGA GOTY Games like TLOU 2 which Geoff Keighly was falling over to give all awards and all of the other nominees like Ghost of Tsushima, Animal Crossing, Doom Eternal, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Hades :rofl:

Shows the quality that the Persona team can put out that even their remakes, with old type graphics and Turn Based JRPG Combat beat out all other "New" AAA Games with billion dollar budgets and big name devs like Naughty Dog, Nintendo, Bethesda, Square Enix, From Software etc. attached to it :rofl:

Edited by roun90

28 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Which Persona game is good to start with? Have never played a Persona before. I have access to PC now (and maybe PS5 in the future). No PS4. 

On PC there is only P4G as an official port, persona 3 psp game that you have to emulate, dunno how the PS3 emulator works on PC maybe you could play P5 on that.

P5R is much more accessible combat and social sim wise tbh, dunno about P4G, haven't played that.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, adity said:

Man, what I would do experience the game again. Playing it is like experiencing a high. Maybe I'll play P5R on PS5. 

You should.

I finished p5 long back and after a 1.5 years gap ,playing p5r was like almost new to me ...probably cos I forgot most parts of the story :P

But still new combat is more addictive than what it was in the base game.

13 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Which Persona game is good to start with? Have never played a Persona before. I have access to PC now (and maybe PS5 in the future). No PS4. 

Persona 5 was my first persona game....you don’t need to know anything about the previous games.

Edited by kold_war

Finally completed Makoto romance :wub:

Also did the Akechi and Maruki confidant max confidant ranks till the story progression bit.

btw is Thor a good persona? I am right now in Nijima Palace, it isn't 11/18 yet.