Alien: Isolation

Keyofx

Just now, Snake said:

It's the latter. Also, it's not a walking sim

Also... remember to never hide in one place for too long, the AI will always get you.

23 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Yea,learnt this the hard way :)

And the game might become a slog later but as of now I am taking my sweet time soaking in the amazing atmosphere.

They did an amazing job of recreating the low-fi sci-fi feeling of the movie

8 hours ago, mohit9206 said:
11 hours ago, Bauji said:
Yea,learnt this the hard way emoji4.png

And the game might become a slog later but as of now I am taking my sweet time soaking in the amazing atmosphere.

Don't soak in too much lest you find yourself soaking in your own pee.

Naa, not finding this game that scary(yet). The thought of replaying the entire section since last save point....now that's terryfying.

• 1 year later...

Finished the game or rather just gave up on it. On the things I liked first...they have nailed the atmosphere. The space center/ship, music, sights and sounds, mood...just perfect. Visuals still hold good, everything was so clean, shiny and minimalistic. Loved it, even though I am not much of a fan of the movie series. Alien's AI was impressive at times making the encounters intense. Also liked how puzzles are presented in the game. They were unique and fit right in with the vibes the game was going for.

Enjoyed the first half quite a bit but later the game was dragged wayyy too much. This is compounded by the fact that all the environments are more or less same and all the missions are like to open a door/reach a room first you've go to some place to either meet someone, search for keycard or press the xyz levers..over and over and over again. Even the alien encounters lost the impact by halfway mark. Earlier I was exploring every corner of the game world, was reading through every mail to get more on the lore but later started just running past everything to the next objective just to finish the game and still lost interest. Watched the last hour or so of the game on Youtube. 
I think there was no need to put QTE driven cheap jump scares given how great the atmosphere of the game was. And these days I hate any game having manual saves.

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

as in the lack of manual saves was the deal breaker? 

yea. Wasnt enjoying the game for a while tbh, but still kept on playing just for the sake of finishing it.

But when I had to replay a big section of the game again because of no auto-save, I completely lost the interest and motivation to continue.