Mass Effect 2

MarketTantrik

Okay. Just finished this game. The OCD in me made me finish off everything before the suicide mission. Took me around 40 hours. Except for refuelling and mining, the game was a lot of fun.

I have noted saves for Miranda, Tali and Jack :naughty:

Most interesting 'character': Legion.

And Miranda. Ooh what a babe.

Also. This game did not fell as amazing as ME1 in terms of story and scope. I mean, the idea of a human Reaper did creep me out but it's not like we were fighting the actual Reapers. Everyone came back alive too. :P

I have a couple of questions now. Seeing as how a lot of people have said that ME3 was underwhelming, should I wait to start it or should I just finish it off? And, what are the benefits of playing ME2 again on harder/hardest difficultly?

Start ME3 now while you still have ME2 fresh in your mind.

I thought ME3 was ok. No worse than ME2 anyway. The ending was poor no doubt but the conclusion to all the other side stories before that makes up for that. Like someone else said, ME3, the whole game is a series of endings. One of them is poor. Others are quite good.

Okay. Just finished this game. The OCD in me made me finish off everything before the suicide mission. Took me around 40 hours. Except for refuelling and mining, the game was a lot of fun.

I have a couple of questions now. Seeing as how a lot of people have said that ME3 was underwhelming, should I wait to start it or should I just finish it off? And, what are the benefits of playing ME2 again on harder/hardest difficultly?

Finish ME2 on Insanity. It really helps you appreciate the tactical nature of ME2's combat and drives home the importance of the right squad mates for each situation. I finished Insansity as an Infiltrator and it was tremendous fun.

Start ME3 now while you still have ME2 fresh in your mind.

I thought ME3 was ok. No worse than ME2 anyway. The ending was poor no doubt but the conclusion to all the other side stories before that makes up for that. Like someone else said, ME3, the whole game is a series of endings. One of them is poor. Others are quite good.

Okay. That makes sense. I'll go with ME3 in a few weeks, after I'm done with a lighter (read: non-rpg) game or two. Then I have Dark Souls :D

Finish ME2 on Insanity. It really helps you appreciate the tactical nature of ME2's combat and drives home the importance of the right squad mates for each situation. I finished Insansity as an Infiltrator and it was tremendous fun.

I really don't think I can go through with this again. This playthrough was fun and I get what you're saying but I don't think I'd like to go for another playthrough of this game just for that.

Also.. I've read a few pages back and no one seems to be talking about Thane or Mordin. I used both these guys in my squad in the suicide mission and it was the easiest thing ever.

Thane has Warp and Throw and Mordin has incinerate and Neural shock. I had Barrier, Rush and Inferno ammo. Made minced meat of the collector-protheans. :P

Completely agree with this. But if you don't want to, then go ahead with ME3 ASAP. I really enjoyed ME3 despite that ending.

Archived