Shadoken

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@Keano If it's Bloodborne 2, it will be PS exclusive. Sony owns the Bloodborne IP. That is, unless Sony decides to release on PC, but that is Sony's decision. And unlikely since their major exclusives (Horizon, Uncharted, GoW etc.) have skipped PC completely.

Sony could just let them make Borne-like game for all platform like they did for Dark Souls. I hope it happens because more people need to play Bloodborne and see how it elevates the Souls gameplay to whole another level with just handful of weapons.

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Sony could just let them make Borne-like game for all platform like they did for Dark Souls. I hope it happens because more people need to play Bloodborne and see how it elevates the Souls gameplay to whole another level with just handful of weapons.

Dark Souls is Namco Bandai, not Sony. Sony had exclusive Demon's Souls and like idiots, did not capitalize on it by bringing it to the West or announcing new sequels. They seriously under-estimated the IP, although people were willing to import the Japanese version and the game had a dedicated community even when it was Japanese exclusive. It took Atlus as a publisher to bring it to the West.

Namco saw the potential and made a deal with From for Dark Souls (They could not use Demon's Souls name since it belonged to Sony). Sony then way later made Bloodborne to rectify that mistake.

It was not Sony allowing Souls like name on other platform; Dark Souls and Demon's Souls were entirely new IPs and Sony had no say in the matter. There was no trademark on just "Souls".

So don't see them announcing BB2 for any other platform. It's a major exclusive for them, and they know it has high demand and will move consoles.

It can come if it's another IP altogether and not related to Sony in any way. But then it can be a different game altogether. We don't know. 

But the teaser, screamed Bloodborne and Sony knows there is demand for Bloodborne 2, so hopefully it is Bloodborne 2. And if it is; 99.9% it will be exclusive.

Edited by roun90

I know its Namco, but Sony could've easily sued them or claimed ownership during development since the game is near identical to Demon Souls, but they didn't. Similarly it doesn't have to be Bloodborne 2, it could be Shadowborne or something.

I doubt they could have claimed ownership for anything. For one, Sony was not interested in Demon's Souls at all. They did not own the gameplay style. And the Worlds and names were different.

Sony became interested after success of Dark Souls franchise (esp. Dark Souls 1); but by then it was too late. Any similarities they had found; they had not defended or sued Namco, so the right lapsed (that's how I believe it works in US; you are supposed to defend your right, or it will lapse).

But Sony might just protect this. They know the potential of Bloodborne now. So they might not let FROM get away that easily again. Let's see how it goes. We might know more by PSX.

Edited by roun90

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Masterjack said:

Bought this game and have started a new playthrough with it.the gameplay is really nice and looks like it has a learning curve to it .

My first souls game .wish me luck !!!

Good Luck! You definitely need it! 

As your first souls game, it's either going to be one of your finest gaming experiences or one of the most frustrating ones. Just don't give up too easily because not giving up and pushing through is an integral part of the souls games.  It's what makes them so fresh and exciting.

Now go on fellow hunter. I wish you bloody hunting :D

18 hours ago, Masterjack said:

Bought this game and have started a new playthrough with it.the gameplay is really nice and looks like it has a learning curve to it .

You will be fine. I avoid difficult games like the plague... but this had me hooked !

i was most frustrated with shadow of yarnham, but damn the in-game atmosphere and the enemy/level design was so good, it was so hard to give up ! I gave up on dark souls just 10 mins into the game, but not this one.  This, I completed , including the [spoiler alien boss fight [/spoiler] in the end !

Oh, also, to any new player, get the LHB as soon as you've a chance.  IMO, it's one of the best weapons in the game !

Edited by Ne0

• 3 weeks later...

Just got it through PS plus free game, died 20 times with wolf killing and took a break [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got it through PS plus free game, died 20 times with wolf killing and took a break [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stay inside the door and cheese the wolves from there.. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk