Sign in to follow this  
Shadoken

Bloodborne

I know its Namco, but Sony could've easily sued them or claimed ownership during development since the game is near identical to Demon Souls, but they didn't. Similarly it doesn't have to be Bloodborne 2, it could be Shadowborne or something.

i dont think sony will let From take away the idea of BB and make a BB-like to the series. both sony and miyazaki  have been on record that unlike Demons souls the idea for BB, including the lovecraft'ian setting, came from sony. 

I doubt they could have claimed ownership for anything. For one, Sony was not interested in Demon's Souls at all. They did not own the gameplay style. And the Worlds and names were different.

Sony became interested after success of Dark Souls franchise (esp. Dark Souls 1); but by then it was too late. Any similarities they had found; they had not defended or sued Namco, so the right lapsed (that's how I believe it works in US; you are supposed to defend your right, or it will lapse).

But Sony might just protect this. They know the potential of Bloodborne now. So they might not let FROM get away that easily again. Let's see how it goes. We might know more by PSX.

Edited by roun90

6 hours ago, Masterjack said:

Bought this game and have started a new playthrough with it.the gameplay is really nice and looks like it has a learning curve to it .

My first souls game .wish me luck !!!

Good Luck! You definitely need it! 

As your first souls game, it's either going to be one of your finest gaming experiences or one of the most frustrating ones. Just don't give up too easily because not giving up and pushing through is an integral part of the souls games.  It's what makes them so fresh and exciting.

Now go on fellow hunter. I wish you bloody hunting :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Masterjack said:

Bought this game and have started a new playthrough with it.the gameplay is really nice and looks like it has a learning curve to it .

You will be fine. I avoid difficult games like the plague... but this had me hooked !

i was most frustrated with shadow of yarnham, but damn the in-game atmosphere and the enemy/level design was so good, it was so hard to give up ! I gave up on dark souls just 10 mins into the game, but not this one.  This, I completed , including the [spoiler alien boss fight [/spoiler] in the end !

Oh, also, to any new player, get the LHB as soon as you've a chance.  IMO, it's one of the best weapons in the game !

Edited by Ne0

Just got it through PS plus free game, died 20 times with wolf killing and took a break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Just got it through PS plus free game, died 20 times with wolf killing and took a break emoji14.png

You  have to be patient with this game .it might frustrate you but u gotta learn with each death .the opening area was the most difficult part but once u get used to the gameplay and the exceptional dodge mechanic  this game becomes a pure adrenaline joy . 

Edited by Masterjack
  • Like 1

On 11/03/2018 at 2:17 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Just got it through PS plus free game, died 20 times with wolf killing and took a break emoji14.png

Wow. Thats a new low :P You would be mad once you open the gate and turn right :P Let us know the died count there. I died atleast 50-60 times there. Once i killed him i got to know it wasn't needed.My face at that time.

I saved you there. 

• Like 1