The Formula 1 Thread

MarketTantrik

1 minute ago, Snake said:

MERC protesting now ?????

They're protesting the part where Max momentarily overtook Ham under safety car before going back to second. Talk about being desperate :lol: 

5 minutes ago, achilles said:

It was still the safety car at that opportune moment, that allowed the last lap to happen. Or am I missing something? 

They pulled the safety car in before last lap to just let them race for one lap instead of finishing the race under safety car.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They're protesting the part where Max momentarily overtook Ham under safety car before going back to second. Talk about being desperate :lol: 

And they laughed at others who complained to FIA. Keep holding the L Toto

42 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Lapped cars were almost always allowed to unlap themselves under safety cars. The first decision to not allow them to unlap was baffling, but luckily they reversed it. FIA being the incompetent jokers is the running theme of this season. 

Oh, yeah then Merc did screw up their strategy with not pitting at the end they even had their pit crew out lol

44 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If someone even argues this then they are just a casual.

I am a casual :mellow:

Been a while since I followed F1 need to brush up the rules.

41 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They pulled the safety car in before last lap to just let them race for one lap instead of finishing the race under safety car.

Something which couldn't have been predicted, because the crash happened close to the end, which couldn't be prepared for. Sorry, I don't follow your point. 

10 minutes ago, achilles said:

Something which couldn't have been predicted, because the crash happened close to the end, which couldn't be prepared for. Sorry, I don't follow your point. 

Merc could have pit as well.

Safety car has been a constant for ages.

And HAM would have won if they did pit because of the pace advantage.

18 minutes ago, achilles said:

RBR immediately reacted to the SC and VSC, Merc didn't. They wanted to hold the position like how Lando wanted to hold position in Russian GP. Ham even had the longest beep'd message of the season where he probably hurled all sorts of profanities at the team :lol: 

Things getting shitty.

Toto went with quite a high profile lawyer to the stewards and Horner+Newey weren't too pleased with that discussion.

A decision is due soon but I guess Merc will draw this out in court in case they aren't happy with it which can result in taking results from the lap 57.

Can't believe how this season has turned out but it's possible that Lewis might be declared the champion on paper.

Will be such a sorry moment for F1, doesn't matter who wins.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

HOLY FKING sh*t

This is history in the making and I'm glad I was there. Now I need to go outside and breath a little lol.

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Amazing!!!

That was too much to take.

Yep. My throat still hurts from all the celebratory shouting.

18 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Things getting shitty.

Toto went with quite a high profile lawyer to the stewards and Horner+Newey weren't too pleased with that discussion.

A decision is due soon but I guess Merc will draw this out in court in case they aren't happy with it which can result in taking results from the lap 57.

Can't believe how this season has turned out but it's possible that Lewis might be declared the champion on paper.

Will be such a sorry moment for F1, doesn't matter who wins.

It’s called motor racing toto…. Motor racing.

Guess MERC can’t digest the fact that they lost and not want to complain 

Glass houses and all that