The Formula 1 Thread

MarketTantrik

:doh: F1 is the safest in motor sport in this current day & age , the amount of money spent on safety design & equipment of the F1 cars is 100 times higher than any other motor sport out there.

To me offroad/Rally is the most dangerous form of motorsport, as in circuit races u can decrease the impact of crashes by tyre walls , slower chicanes etc . but in Rally , one rock or a tree is good enough for a big wreck and u can't do anything about it except to push but within limits. Then there is Speedboat and RedBull Air races which are one step close to death every second kinda of stuff.

Do u know Kimi Raikonnen has crashed 3-4 times already in his small Rally career , a couple of them truly spectacular and very dangerous infact.

:doh: F1 is the safest in motor sport in this current day & age , the amount of money spent on safety design & equipment of the F1 cars is 100 times higher than any other motor sport out there.

To me offroad/Rally is the most dangerous form of motorsport, as in circuit races u can decrease the impact of crashes by tyre walls , slower chicanes etc . but in Rally , one rock or a tree is good enough for a big wreck and u can't do anything about it except to push but within limits. Then there is Speedboat and RedBull Air races which are one step close to death every second kinda of stuff.

Do u know Kimi Raikonnen has crashed 3-4 times already in his small Rally career , a couple of them truly spectacular and very dangerous infact.

yes I'm aware of that bro.....It's only recently things have changed in F1. Do you think something like Mark webber's crash this year would've resulted the same way five years ago?

Plus, a very minor fault and look at what happened to Felippe in 2008. I'm not arguing, but my point is, drivers don't care......if they fear accidents or deaths, they can never be competitive. That is what differentiates them from normal people mentally.

but my point is, drivers don't care......if they fear accidents or deaths, they can never be competitive. That is what differentiates them from normal people mentally.

True that. :cheers:

The only motor sport where people have died recently (last 10 years) are in FIA Rally in 04 Marko Martin's co-driver and last year in Moto 2 (250CC class) , a Jap rider got very unlucky as two following riders rode over him. I'm not sure but I think even in Dakar Rally someone died few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Bahrain withdraws from hosting 2011's opening round

The Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) announced on Monday that the Kingdom of Bahrain would withdraw from hosting the opening round of the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship so that the country can focus on its process of national dialogue.

Last Friday, Bahrain’s Crown Prince - HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa - initiated a new national dialogue involving all sections of Bahraini society in order to resolve the current political situation in the Kingdom. The Crown Prince informed Formula One’s Bernie Ecclestone of the BIC’s decision by telephone earlier today.

HRH Prince Salman said:

“At the present time the country’s entire attention is focused on building a new national dialogue for Bahrain.

“Although Bernie Ecclestone had graciously made clear that a decision on the race was entirely Bahrain’s to make and was not yet required, we felt it was important for the country to focus on immediate issues of national interest and leave the hosting of Bahrain’s Formula 1 race to a later date.

“I would like to extend my personal gratitude to Bernie Ecclestone for his support and understanding.

“After the events of the past week, our nation’s priority is on overcoming tragedy, healing divisions and rediscovering the fabric that draws this country together; reminding the world of the very best that Bahrain is capable of as a nation once again united.”

Chairman of the Bahrain International Circuit, Zayed R. Alzayani said:

“Bahrain’s Grand Prix is a time of celebration and hosting the race is a source of great pride for Bahrain and Bahrainis. It is a showcase to the world and we look forward to welcoming the teams and drivers and everyone involved in Formula One back to Bahrain in the very near future.

“I hope that F1 and our friends around the world will understand our decision at this difficult time.”

Following the Crown Prince’s decision, Bernie Ecclestone commented:

“It is sad that Bahrain has had to withdraw from the race, we wish the whole nation well as they begin to heal their country.

“The hospitality and warmth of the people of Bahrain is a hallmark of the race there, as anyone who has been at a Bahrain Grand Prix will testify. We look forward to being back in Bahrain soon.”

No decision has been made on a new date for the rescheduling of the race, which was due to take place from March 11th to 13th.

Source

• 3 weeks later...

yay.....finally a sensible war is about to begin......begone console wars and cometh Ferrari vs Mclaren wars....... In the mean time Red bulls shall walk away with the championship :rofl:

Ferrari is going to win the battle yeah!!!!!!

Mclaren's have a least reliable car on the grid accept HRT :)

Not accepted

:ha:

It's evident from the testing so far. I'm not a Mclaren guy, but I hope it doens't stay that way when the season starts. Oh wait, that's in a week :rofl:

Also, heard about the news that Lewis has come under a management company that's obsessed with performance. They're looking for Redbull shift possibility by next season. Of course, all this is rumored, as it always is :lol:

Edited by devil_angel