Jump to content

The Formula 1 Thread


MarketTantrik
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

alonso and hamtop's duel at the turn 1 after alonso's pitstop was an appetizer :roflroll:

 

kudos to him for pushing that stupid renault, damn he is awesome

Edited by jk..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

alonso and hamtop's duel at the turn 1 after alonso's pitstop was a appetizer :roflroll:

 

alonso is pushing that stupid renault, damn he is awesome

he is a great driver no doubt, i hope ferrari take him soon, only if he can keep that attitude in check, but then after seeing hamilton alonso seems better :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

he can keep that attitude in check

 

thats his only problem he talks crap, but the boi's got gr8 skills,

 

 

btw kimi said in an interview that he would retire if FIA imposes budget cap

 

 

if he does:P then its gona be alonso and massa in red camp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barrichello may quit over Button

-BBC

 

_45758584_spanishgpin90seconds512.jpg

Jenson Button celebrates winning in Spain

 

Rubens Barrichello has threatened to quit Formula 1 if he finds out his Brawn team are favouring Jenson Button.

 

The Brazilian lost Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix to his team-mate after boss Ross Brawn changed Button's strategy.

 

"If I get the slightest sniff of the fact that they have favoured Jenson, I will hang up my helmet tomorrow," he told United States channel SpeedTV.

 

"But I know Ross wouldn't do that. He asked me to drive for him and he knows I want to race fairly with Jenson."

 

Team orders is a sensitive subject for the veteran Brazilian, who left Ferrari in 2005 a year before the end of his contract because he was fed up with not being allowed to race team-mate Michael Schumacher.

 

Brawn was Ferrari's technical director at the time.

Rubens Barrichello

 

Barrichello blames race tactics

 

Barrichello will also be aware that Button's win extended his lead in the world championship over his team-mate to 14 points - and that there will eventually come a time when Brawn have to focus their efforts on one driver as they seek to fend off the threat from other teams.

 

Asked if he feared a return to those days with his new team, Barrichello said: "I have had experience of that and if it happens I won't follow any team orders. I'm making this clear now but we have a much more friendly situation in this team.

 

"There's no way I'm going to be crying and saying I should have this or that. I had the ability to win and I didn't."

 

Barrichello had expected to win the race after making a brilliant start from third on the grid and leading into the first corner.

 

Brawn planned for both cars to do three pit stops but they changed Button's strategy at his first stop because they were worried he would otherwise get held up by the Williams of Nico Rosberg - who Barrichello only just emerged ahead of after his first stop.

 

'Slow' Barrichello disappoints Brawn

 

Button then proceeded to set an impressive series of times, despite his heavy fuel load early in his second stint.

 

However, Barrichello remained on target to win until his own second stop - he had problems with his third set of tyres and lost sufficient time, which allowed Button to get ahead.

 

As the drivers waited to go out on to the podium, Barrichello sat on a sofa and asked: "How did I lose that race?"

 

He added: "My third set of tyres was not good, I don't know if something was broken on the car. So I couldn't keep the pace up and from then on it was a struggle to keep the car on the track and a relief to come second.

 

"I'm disappointed I didn't win the race because I felt I had it in the bag today but it's still great for the team."

 

Brawn denied there had been any decision to favour Button.

 

606: DEBATE

Five races into this season i fear that the new Brawn cars will just run away with the points and this season will become a bore with no competion

 

"Absolutely not," he insisted. "The strategy change was my decision. The engineers and the drivers pool their information and make their recommendations but I make the call in the pit lane and, good or bad, we stand by it.

 

"If Rubens hadn't had his problem, it would have been incredibly close.

 

"If you look at the lap times on the tyres and the fuel, there was a period of the race where Rubens was a lot slower than expected.

 

"And that's what cost him the race because Jenson on more fuel was quicker."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

btw, Raikkonen might quit next season if they introduce the budget caps :bigyellowgrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

now red bull joining Toyota in threatening to pull out of F1 and already Ferrari, BMW and Meclarn hinting...next year we may see a new series altogether...also a new series run by the teams will be more profitable for the teams, they will have nobody to share the earnings with..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ya raiko, toyota, hell even ferrari is fed up wit FIA imposing stupid rules

 

next year will be the year of cosworth engines runing under the hood of all the cars, its already fcked up and now budget caps refueling bans etc etc

 

it will be the end of F1 for sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ferrari issue F1 quit ultimatum

 

_45766231_ferrari466.jpg

Ferrari have been racing in Formula 1 since 1950

 

Ferrari have threatened to quit Formula 1 at the end of the season if the sport continues with plans to introduce an optional £40m budget cap from 2010.

 

"No F1 in 2010 if the rules do not change," said a statement. "Ferrari does not intend to register cars for the 2010 F1 world championship."

 

Ferrari fear the evolution of a two-tier championship, between those teams who adopt the cap and those who do not.

 

The teams will discuss the plans with FIA chief Max Mosley in the next week.

 

Ferrari, in a statement, insist their announcement is not simply posturing: "The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of... endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are priorities for the future.

 

"If these indispensable principles are not respected, and if the regulations decided for 2010 will not change, Ferrari does not intend to enter its cars."

 

And former team boss Eddie Jordan told the BBC: "Maybe this isn't the posturing that most people think it is - I wouldn't be certain that they wouldn't carry this out.

 

"Ferrari shareholders are very concerned at the losses that are being made in the company at this time, the credit crunch has had an impact, and I think this (announcement) is different.

 

"Everyone concerned would be very silly not to put 100% of their time, effort and diligence into making sure there is compatibility between the sport, the governing body and Ferrari."

 

The announcement will put to the test Mosley's resolve after he claimed earlier this month that F1 could live without Ferrari, the sport's most famous, most successful, and longest-tenured team.

 

"The sport could survive without Ferrari," he said. "It would be very sad. It is the Italian national team."

 

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, meanwhile, dismissed claims Ferrari could quit F1 on Tuesday, telling the Times: "Ferrari are not stupid. They don't want to leave Formula 1 and we don't want to lose them, so we'll get to grips with it."

 

However, Toyota and Red Bull have also already threatened not to enter next year's championship unless the new rules change.

 

And Ferrari have criticised the FIA's decision-making process, stating: "The rules of governance that have contributed to the development of F1 over the last 25 years have been disregarded, as have the binding contractual obligations between Ferrari and the FIA itself regarding the stability of the regulations.

 

"The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of the F1 Teams' Association's (FOTA) endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are the priorities for the future.

 

"If these indispensable principles are not respected and if the regulations adopted for 2010 will not change, then Ferrari do not intend to enter our cars in the next Formula 1 World Championship."

 

The FIA wants to introduce an optional £40m budget cap next year to encourage new teams to enter.

 

The plan would allow capped teams to operate with far greater technical freedom than those continuing with unlimited budgets.

 

However, Ferrari's president Luca di Montezemolo, head of FOTA, has warned it would create a two-tier championship that could be "fundamentally unfair and perhaps even biased".

 

The FIA has set a deadline of 29 May for teams wishing to compete in 2010 to enter and state whether they want a cap or not.

 

But, BBC Five Live Formula 1 correspondent David Croft fully expects Ferrari to line up on the grid in 2010, despite the threat.

 

"I would be amazed if Ferrari aren't racing in 2010," he said, "I think this is just the opening of a series of discussions that will take place between the sports most historic team and the governing body.

 

"It's inconceivable that we would have Formula 1 without Ferrari. Mosley says the sport doesn't need them, but I think a lot of people would beg to disagree."

 

That is a sentiment echoed by the sport's drivers, with world champion Lewis Hamilton saying he "could not imagine" F1 without Ferrari while Renault's Fernando Alonso added it was "impossible" for it to happen.

 

And BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld was left bemused by Mosley's comments.

 

He said: "I thought that people were looking and listening to the fans worldwide and Ferrari is obviously the biggest name in F1 with many supporters and has been there since the very beginning, so they belong in F1."

 

Ferrari, the sport's oldest and most successful team, also threatened a pull-out in October if proposals for a standard engine for all teams went ahead.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

:samui::P:cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by pra2veen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...