Halo: The Master Chief Collection

PS Fan

Lol ya it can be frustrating

I can relate to what you guys must be going through during the driveclub release,just hoping this problem doesnt last for 3-4 weeks like driveclub.

Hopefully todays update will fix matchmaking.

Nobody cares about driveclub.. but this is halo man the halo with all them cloud servers this shoudnt even be happening at first place..

And an update.

I’d like to take a moment to address the state of matchmaking in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and tell you what we’re doing about it.

Players have expressed frustration at poor matchmaking times, or bad experiences in general. This is something we are working 24/7 to isolate and fix. Since launch, we have done a number of daily server-side tweaks to improve this experience and our data indicates these adjustments have helped considerably, but the state is still far from where it needs to be.

Over the past 48 hours, we believe we have identified the primary matchmaking issue, and are working on a solution right now. In the meantime, we’ll be rolling out additional tweaks over the next days to further improve the experience while we ready this solution. We are monitoring the data and working on tweaks that should continue to improve your matchmaking experience while we prep. In addition, we’ll be releasing a game Content Update tomorrow that will address non-matchmaking related issues. For more details, please visit our support FAQ on our forums that is being updated in real-time:http://bit.ly/11eRtP0.

An additional measure you will see take effect today, is that we’ve decided to trim the hopper list to allow us to drive population to those that are functioning the best – this will serve to further increase the speed with which you find games. We will bring the other hoppers back online as things improve, but our primary focus right now is getting you into matches. For details on which matchmaking playlists are being temporarily taken offline, please visit our support FAQ here: http://bit.ly/11eRtP0.

We are doing everything we can on an hourly basis to improve the experience, while we work on our solution. In the meantime, we’ve found a few things looking at the data that can help you a little as well. We’re seeing successful match times from anywhere from 15 seconds to 4 minutes. 4 minutes is a long time to wait for a match, but don’t quit out too quickly as it will come. If you haven’t found a match within about 4 minutes, please exit the search and restart, as this will reset the parameters and increase the likelihood of entering a match. I realize this isn’t ideal, but it’s temporary while we sort things out.

I’d like to personally apologize to you all for the current situation. I can assure you we’re attacking this from all directions from 343 Industries to the Xbox platform, and we won’t rest until it’s what it should be. People are reporting improvements across the board, which is great, but we’re not backing down until we finish this fight.

Here’s a bit more information on what to expect next week in terms of MCC updates:

Daily server-side tweaks to continue to improve time to get into games

A Content Update tomorrow that addresses some campaign fixes and scoring issues

Content Updates and server side tweaks over the next week focused on matchmaking

Dan Ayoub

Executive Producer

Lol ya it can be frustrating

I can relate to what you guys must be going through during the driveclub release,just hoping this problem doesnt last for 3-4 weeks like driveclub.

Hopefully todays update will fix matchmaking.

Nobody cares about driveclub.. but this is halo man the halo with all them cloud servers this shoudnt even be happening at first place..

And an update.

I’d like to take a moment to address the state of matchmaking in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and tell you what we’re doing about it.

Players have expressed frustration at poor matchmaking times, or bad experiences in general. This is something we are working 24/7 to isolate and fix. Since launch, we have done a number of daily server-side tweaks to improve this experience and our data indicates these adjustments have helped considerably, but the state is still far from where it needs to be.

Over the past 48 hours, we believe we have identified the primary matchmaking issue, and are working on a solution right now. In the meantime, we’ll be rolling out additional tweaks over the next days to further improve the experience while we ready this solution. We are monitoring the data and working on tweaks that should continue to improve your matchmaking experience while we prep. In addition, we’ll be releasing a game Content Update tomorrow that will address non-matchmaking related issues. For more details, please visit our support FAQ on our forums that is being updated in real-time:http://bit.ly/11eRtP0.

An additional measure you will see take effect today, is that we’ve decided to trim the hopper list to allow us to drive population to those that are functioning the best – this will serve to further increase the speed with which you find games. We will bring the other hoppers back online as things improve, but our primary focus right now is getting you into matches. For details on which matchmaking playlists are being temporarily taken offline, please visit our support FAQ here: http://bit.ly/11eRtP0.

We are doing everything we can on an hourly basis to improve the experience, while we work on our solution. In the meantime, we’ve found a few things looking at the data that can help you a little as well. We’re seeing successful match times from anywhere from 15 seconds to 4 minutes. 4 minutes is a long time to wait for a match, but don’t quit out too quickly as it will come. If you haven’t found a match within about 4 minutes, please exit the search and restart, as this will reset the parameters and increase the likelihood of entering a match. I realize this isn’t ideal, but it’s temporary while we sort things out.

I’d like to personally apologize to you all for the current situation. I can assure you we’re attacking this from all directions from 343 Industries to the Xbox platform, and we won’t rest until it’s what it should be. People are reporting improvements across the board, which is great, but we’re not backing down until we finish this fight.

Here’s a bit more information on what to expect next week in terms of MCC updates:

Daily server-side tweaks to continue to improve time to get into games

A Content Update tomorrow that addresses some campaign fixes and scoring issues

Content Updates and server side tweaks over the next week focused on matchmaking

Dan Ayoub

Executive Producer

Frankie on Dedicated Servers...

We DO have dedicated servers.

First off and I will say this for the next hundred years SORRY we are fixing it. Its getting better slowly today and we expect that trend to continue, but what youre seeing currently is actually just an element of this complicated problem we do in fact use dedicated servers for matchmade games, but as an emergency contingency, MCC is designed to fall back to traditional peer-hosted gameplay in the event that there are connectivity issues with the dedicated servers. This can happen for a variety of reasons including intermittent unavailability of dedicated servers, poor ping times to the dedicated server datacenters, or network configuration issues that prevent you from being able to access the dedicated servers. Were busy getting stuff fixed and improved, and I promise you I will give you a full breakdown of what happened (and its multiple compounding things) after we fix it all. And Dan is going to update everyone on the situation and improvements later today.

And sorry for periods of radio silence, we're literally rushing around fixing stuff.

Wtf:

Don't know if this has been noted, but on CE, when playing with the new graphics, your shots can sometimes be blocked by the models of the old graphics, like a tree or rock. The new graphics might show a slimmer rock so you shoot, only to find the bullets hitting an invisible wall, switch back to the old graphics, you see that the tree or rock is bigger.

What a load of crap :rofl:

Been playing CE on heroic and I have encountered zero problems. The frame rate drops while in warthog are mildly annoying and one can always switch to old engine (which is instant this time) which has smooth fps. Now on The Library :samui:

Y dont you come online at night? every day we play customs from 10 to 1. Be there tonight

Had a fun game Sunday with trigger and l33t and one drunk guy from my team at work. Had quite some trouble getting the game started (though a lot better than a few days ago and custom games seem alright), the matchmaking needs a lot of work.

We played a custom guardian map (on which the green gun / fuel tod Cannon won't show up at all for some reason, another bug) and I did my best to piss people off with mines, fire grenades and a shotgun.

Who the f**k cares

Was sitting strong at 89 on meta & M$ boasting about it to boost sales

While polished f**ks like Destiny got the flack & didn't even get the credit which was due

If there is any time when it becomes really obviou$ then this is it

:rofl: :rofl:

I know people who couldn't play Destiny for weeks because of the networking issues. Most of them couldn't play properly even after the networking patch. Personally, I couldn't even play most games during the first week because the servers would kick me out and throw those annoying as f**k animal error codes. Things improved for me post-patch but even then I've had to play the same missions so many times that it's not even a joke anymore.

Edit: Considering the game was online only, one of my friends sold off his game while the other had to get a new router (didn't fix anything) since they'd get disconnected from every match.

Edited by -13-

really? cause destiny was pretty much flawless on PSN since day 1. a lot of us were even joking that how destiny will kill PSN and what not. most of the guys from the site were playing that game like crazy for the first couple of weeks and can vouch for that too.

• Like 2

really? cause destiny was pretty much flawless on PSN since day 1. a lot of us were even joking that how destiny will kill PSN and what not. most of the guys from the site were playing that game like crazy for the first couple of weeks and can vouch for that too.

Destiny was flawless for me. Stop with the BS. Maybe your internet sucked.

I havwn't read anywhere about destiny having server issues or a bad launch.

Sure it was working fine for you guys and of course, if it was fine for you, it was probably fine for the rest of the world as well...

Here, Bungie forums...

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/Default/None/%23Help%20%23ErrorCodes

Some other links from a Google search...

http://kotaku.com/destiny-owners-say-bungie-cant-address-customer-servic-1636479302

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/eight-days-later-bungie-leaving-disconnected-destiny-players-stranded/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Destiny-Patch-Fix-Quick-Scoping-Connection-Problems-67698.html

I never said that Destiny was as broken as Halo MP. My comment was regarding the polished f**k that is Destiny.

You did bro you just did.. the ONE fantasy land.. where every other game sucks...

Shhh don't be mean now. People have Destiny avatars here FFS. Jesus.

Typical ponies right here. :giggle: