Rainbow Six Siege

LeonardoInventions

Notable things mentioned during the stream:

• No sequel is planned. They literally said they were there to stay for 10 years.
  • The active player-count is still growing, 27 million total players. 
  • 8 new operators are coming in Year 3. The goal is still hitting a 100 operators eventually.
  • Changes coming to the standard edition. You will now start with all 20 legacy (original) operators unlocked.
  • In the future, all weapon attachments will be free and unlocked from the go.
  • The problem child that is starter edition will go from 4 free operators to 6.
  • They are adding new Data-centers in South Africa and South Europe.
  • Pick and Ban is coming for operators in Pro-league. Each side gets to ban 1 attacker and 1 defender for the whole map.
  • Pro-league will be 1 team attacking 5 times followed by the other team attacking 5 times.
  • They will be working hard on improving the Pro-league in general. They are first of all reworking the observation tool.
  • Some maps will be renovated and rebalanced. Bomb-mode will be the focus for map design. (Extremely good in my opinion.)
  • The map "Yacht" is coming back to casual.
  • The Map "Hereford" will be the first map to be reworked.
  • Every season (at least that is the goal. Changes will ship when ready) a map will receive a buff. Small changes that should help improve the meta on the map, mostly through improving specific objectives to make more bomb-sights viable.
  • The first map to receive a buff is "Clubhouse". Bar-room and the Top floor will both be buffed. They are aiming for season 2 as the goal for completion.
  • Esports is there to stay.
  • Lan-competitions will happen. Dreamhack got name dropped but didn't catch the context.

___

Edited by Heaven Angel

I'm considering getting the game on PS4. However I'm confused on what to get. 

There's an "Advanced Edition", "Gold Edition", "Complete Edition" and the vanilla version. "Advanced Edition" seems to be the cheapest right now.

Yes, get the complete edition if you want everything.  

• Advanced Edition that includes the full original game, 600 Rainbow Six Credits, and new bonus content from the time-limited and exclusive Outbreak Collection. 
  • The Gold Edition which includes the full original game, rare new bonus content from the Outbreak Collection, the Year 3 Pass, and a total of 1200 Rainbow Six Credits.
  • The Complete Edition for the ultimate Rainbow Six Siege experience, which gives you instant access to all original and post-launch Operators available to date!

__

The new co-op event looks fun. Might re-install it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Bruh why is the PS community on this game so f**king toxic? Every game I play has someone team killing on purpose. Vote kicks for not getting 1vX clutches. Greifing because they didn't get their pperatore. Etcetc.

I tried it on ps4 a few months back and it was just as bad then. I figured it was a free weekend on something. Apparently not. 

People on PC are so much nicer comparatively. 

• 1 month later...