Rainbow Six Siege

LeonardoInventions

43 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

what r6 full ver is 2500/- while base is at 550/-

Highest sale was 50% 

that's 1250/- vs 275/- a 1k price diff 

This. Base ver is pretty decent at the price of 275/-

Besides you only need additional grind for base operators. Grind for DLC ops is same on both versions.

Pretty sure The PC version was 12-15$ a few days ago on one of the CD key sites. ~800-900. 1250 might be the console price. 

The starter version grind is brutal. An average game of casual MP will give you about 200-250 renown. Cost of every operator in the starter pack is 25000 renown. You will need to play 100 games of casual to get one operator. Close to 20 hours per operator. 

Like I said, get the starter version if you wanna casually play it and forget it when something better catches your eye. Or wanna play T-Hunt. Otherwise, really not recommended. Not when the price difference is so low. 

6 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Pretty sure The PC version was 12-15$ a few days ago on one of the CD key sites. ~800-900. 1250 might be the console price. 

The starter version grind is brutal. An average game of casual MP will give you about 200-250 renown. Cost of every operator in the starter pack is 25000 renown. You will need to play 100 games of casual to get one operator. Close to 20 hours per operator. 

Like I said, get the starter version if you wanna casually play it and forget it when something better catches your eye. Or wanna play T-Hunt. Otherwise, really not recommended. Not when the price difference is so low. 

Base operators are 12500 renown in starter ver. 25000 renown is for DLC ops and that is same with standard edition too.

And 275/- and 1250/- price offer was on steam some days ago like @HotSonix mentioned.

Hey, if all you do is play R6 seige day in and day out, then grinding in the starter edition can be tolerable. 

But unfortunately for me, i am not able to devote as much time to gaming as I want as there are other important stuff to take care of like most other people and hence hours and hours of grinding does not make sense to me. 

The above situation is what the publishers try to take advantage of and introduce shortcuts behind paywall to provide instant access to content you would otherwise grind for. 

Also if i am grinding and spending renown on just unlocking operators from base game (in starter edition), what about the mods for the weapons? Dont they require renown as well to unlock? Do I have to grind separately for that as well?

Is solo queue viable in this game? 

6 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Hey, if all you do is play R6 seige day in and day out, then grinding in the starter edition can be tolerable. 

But unfortunately for me, i am not able to devote as much time to gaming as I want as there are other important stuff to take care of like most other people and hence hours and hours of grinding does not make sense to me. 

The above situation is what the publishers try to take advantage of and introduce shortcuts behind paywall to provide instant access to content you would otherwise grind for. 

Also if i am grinding and spending renown on just unlocking operators from base game (in starter edition), what about the mods for the weapons? Dont they require renown as well to unlock? Do I have to grind separately for that as well?

Is solo queue viable in this game? 

I solo queue and win most of the matches unless i am like playing against a level 200 or a hacker

renown is both for attachments and operators 

And trust me not all operators are good 

Max 4-7 from the original pool are worth playing rest are trash 

If you have mute and pulse unlocked on defender  you dont even need any other operator

2 hours ago, adity said:

What about attack. Just started playing the game. Some suggestions would be appreciated. 

Fuze strictly for Secure Area

IQ for hostage rescue: Cuz majority of the matches,attackers fail to locate hostage in prep phase. So you can use her gadget in attack phase to detect large number of electronics in a room which most likely is the hostage room.

Iq doesn't really help coz once you play the maps you will know all the spawn points . Plus some one on your team will always find the obj, unless you are playing with a team full of newbies  which doesn't happen.

Thacher , thermite, glaz are pretty powerful operators 

blitz if you just wanna charge and flash 

Plus with the recent update the pistols are crazy powerful

Edited by HotSonix

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2018 at 7:01 PM, Grievous said:

I purchased siege via my US PSN ID but I play mainly on my IN account. Say I buy a pack of R6 credits and Y3 pass can I use it on my IN account? Both accounts are primary.

I dont own siege but I tested this with a few games. The service games that usually have microtransactions treat this stuff as an entitlement and not a DLC so it only works on the account bought from. With SFV, buying a costume on india account where I have the game doesn't show up on USA account which is what I use to play. Same thing happened to a friend with destiny 1. 

siege is also a service based thing so its unlikely it will work imo. 

5 hours ago, failgunner said:

I dont own siege but I tested this with a few games. The service games that usually have microtransactions treat this stuff as an entitlement and not a DLC so it only works on the account bought from. With SFV, buying a costume on india account where I have the game doesn't show up on USA account which is what I use to play. Same thing happened to a friend with destiny 1. 

siege is also a service based thing so its unlikely it will work imo. 

Seems like it. Turns out, microtransactions and season pass are linked to my Ubisoft club account rather thanm my PSN ID. Guess I'm stuck with base operators for now

• 2 weeks later...