The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

NitroNeo

tyTc1Nl.jpg

No my point is that there are a lot of troll reviews for Zelda because it is a big exclusive. This is the same case with Horizon Zero Dawn which also has a lot of troll reviews. Nier Automata is a niche game so its not targetted by trolls as much.

No my point is that there are a lot of troll reviews for Zelda because it is a big exclusive. This is the same case with Horizon Zero Dawn which also has a lot of troll reviews. Nier Automata is a niche game so its not targetted by trolls as much.

My point is metacritic is a vacuous, monolithic standard that tells you nothing about what any media is about and whether you will enjoy it or not. Because at the end of the day it is distilling disparate subjective opinions into numbers and you are arguing about how one number being higher is somehow equated to a better game than another with a lower number tagged to it.

Troll reviews, differing opinions will drag down the score anyway but championing that a certain score validates the game and redeems it over everything else is daft.

I think you didnt get the reference. He was being sarcastic to Ambar because Ambar doesnt like Nier ( for now ) yet it has a high user score.

And yes everyone knows Metacritic user score is a joke. Almost all hyped games have 7 or lesser metacritic because of fanboys and haters.

Edited by Shadoken

My point is metacritic is a vacuous, monolithic standard that tells you nothing about what any media is about and whether you will enjoy it or not. Because at the end of the day it is distilling disparate subjective opinions into numbers and you are arguing about how one number being higher is somehow equated to a better game than another with a lower number tagged to it.

Troll reviews, differing opinions will drag down the score anyway but championing that a certain score validates the game and redeems it over everything else is daft.

That is true. I don't mean to say that one game is better than the other because it has a higher score.