On 30/03/2018 at 12:33 PM, SRINI87 said:

Fat % is on high side currently..

Trying reduced it.

i was lean in 2016 ..but muscle density was less

weighed about 76 kgs

Now i am  86-87

Btw Eccentric training is so good.

most people don't do it.

I have the same issue. I was lean in 2016, but I went on a bulk towards the end. Now I have decent muscle but it's a bitch to diet when on a cut.

My palms are getting into pretty rough shape with skin getting pretty taut to the point of screeching pain.

Does anyone here use gloves for workout and lifting? If yes, then please tell about any you like or have heard good reviews about.

Edited by kunjanp

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

My palms are getting into pretty rough shape with skin getting pretty taut to the point of screeching pain.

Does anyone here use gloves for workout and lifting? If yes, then please tell about any you like or have heard good reviews about.

Yes I have. The ones from Cosco are pretty good. Even better get the ones with gel.

Although I've reached to a point where my palm skin has become so hard gloves or no gloves, it virtually does not affect me :P

But still get the gel based cosco gloves. Your palms will thank you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Anyone ever tried pre-workout mix like C4 or anything else? My trainer and a few other people recommended it to me since sometimes I lose energy or have to wait a bit more between sets to recuperate.

Let me know if any reviews.

Meaning to try it, but never got the chance. But if the loss of energy is your biggest problem, then try a cup of black coffee with cinnamon powder and a banana pre-workout. Munch on another banana during the workout. Pre-workouts have caffeine + some stimulants. Not really needed unless you are looking to lift heavy/increase metabolic rate. 

Personally, I find that back coffee and some quick to absorb carbs (banana/dates) help in sustained energy levels. 

Personally, i think anything apart from whey is a waste. I got BCAA at the start of March, feel 0 changes so far.

By changes I don't mean increased muscle mass. I mean things such as less fatigue, high stamina, more definition, etc considering my workout routine has been more intense since the last month.

Edited by Playstationdude

On 04/04/2018 at 8:29 PM, kunjanp said:

Anyone ever tried pre-workout mix like C4 or anything else? My trainer and a few other people recommended it to me since sometimes I lose energy or have to wait a bit more between sets to recuperate.

Let me know if any reviews.

I used C4 50x which is 1.5 times more potent than normal C4, because my caffeine tolerance is pretty high. Gives you amazing pumps and mental focus, and a bit of energy but not a lot. Some people get terrible jitters due to super high dose of caffeine but didn't affect me (just some tingling). There's actually nothing in C4 that gives you immediate energy like a glucose drink or banana, just jolts you awake for a while. If you're already feeling tired it'll just give you a headache lol. 

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I used C4 50x which is 1.5 times more potent than normal C4, because my caffeine tolerance is pretty high. Gives you amazing pumps and mental focus, and a bit of energy but not a lot. Some people get terrible jitters due to super high dose of caffeine but didn't affect me (just some tingling). There's actually nothing in C4 that gives you immediate energy like a glucose drink or banana, just jolts you awake for a while. If you're already feeling tired it'll just give you a headache lol. 

I should have described it better, by tired I meant muscle tireness between sets, I don't feel drained out but let's say instead of 30 secs between sets, I have to take 1/1.5 mins after 3/4th of my workout , mainly because my nerves are contracted up because of lactic acid build up. So C4  might help me to push a bit more blood into those muscles to clear out the acid. Anyways, I haven't tried it yet, I have been asking my cousin who has been working out since ages without any protein mix to date but did use pre-workout once. Will see what he says.

Edited by kunjanp

^Are you doing supersets or heart rate based program? Because otherwise there's no need to follow a strict time interval between sets. Its perfectly normal when time required to recover goes up between sets as you do more sets. But if you still want to push through (or if you're not getting pumps) it then any product with creatine nitrate will help, but its no better than taking straight up creatine MH powder with some coffee before workout.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

^Are you doing supersets or heart rate based program? Because otherwise there's no need to follow a strict time interval between sets. Its perfectly normal when time required to recover goes up between sets as you do more sets. But if you still want to push through (or if you're not getting pumps) it then any product with creatine nitrate will help, but its no better than taking straight up creatine MH powder with some coffee before workout.

I generally do supersets of three muscle zones and by the time I get two sets of exercise done, that's when I have to wait longer. Anyways, I don't wanna go on pure creatine. I am gonna stick with coffee.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2018 at 3:17 PM, Playstationdude said:

Yes I have. The ones from Cosco are pretty good. Even better get the ones with gel.

Although I've reached to a point where my palm skin has become so hard gloves or no gloves, it virtually does not affect me :P

But still get the gel based cosco gloves. Your palms will thank you.

I recently misplaced my gloves, so need a new pair. I can't make out from the pics whether Cosco Gel pro has gel support only for the lower palm or does it have for the upper palm, right below the finger joints as well? Upper palm is where i need support the most.

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

I recently misplaced my gloves, so need a new pair. I can't make out from the pics whether Cosco Gel pro has gel support only for the lower palm or does it have for the upper palm, right below the finger joints as well? Upper palm is where i need support the most.

I have lost mine as well. But you need protection from calluses that usually pain while doing pull ups, right?

If so they work fine for that.

2 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

I have lost mine as well. But you need protection from calluses that usually pain while doing pull ups, right?

If so they work fine for that.

I can't find them anywhere to try first. Will keep looking, if you buy any else and the review is good then let me know.

Reebok and Nike one's are build good but foam support flattens quite quickly, so looking for a more robust pair.

15 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I can't find them anywhere to try first. Will keep looking, if you buy any else and the review is good then let me know.

Reebok and Nike one's are build good but foam support flattens quite quickly, so looking for a more robust pair.

Reebok and Nike are too expensive. I've had a good experience with cosco but you're right, even I can't find them online. Had purchased them on Flipkart earlier.

On 4/4/2018 at 3:13 PM, kunjanp said:

Did you try putting lotion on it? When i started working out i had callouses on my palms, lotion helped & moreover I started using chalk for most of the heavy lifts.

My grip strength suffered whenever i used gloves. Try using lotion on palms & use chalk for your lifts, in a couple of weeks it will get better.

25 minutes ago, niks_flashbullet said:

Did you try putting lotion on it? When i started working out i had callouses on my palms, lotion helped & moreover I started using chalk for most of the heavy lifts.

My grip strength suffered whenever i used gloves. Try using lotion on palms & use chalk for your lifts, in a couple of weeks it will get better.

No matter which glove or protection you use, skin will thicken but in my case, my skin sometimes stretches so much that it tears in pull ups and the rest is done by the rough grip on the rods. So i use gloves to save it from tearing apart. Never had problem with losing strength with them.

16 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Reebok and Nike are too expensive. I've had a good experience with cosco but you're right, even I can't find them online. Had purchased them on Flipkart earlier.

They are indeed expensive, but one day I found the Reebok padded gloves being sold for 700 on Flipkart, so I bought them. They are back upto 1600-1800 now. They work great for the first month but then the foam slackens though still does the job.

Edited by kunjanp

8 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

They are indeed expensive, but one day I found the Reebok padded gloves being sold for 700 on Flipkart, so I bought them. They are back upto 1600-1800 now. They work great for the first month but then the foam slackens though still does the job.

The gel based ones i used from cosco were quite good with no such issues. However, the one available on FK is a different model from my purchase. But this one seems to be the advanced version. The risk that you may not like it is definitely there though.