Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

• 1 year later...

I just started my youtube channel related to fitness stuff. Am I allowed to post a link to my channel/video here ? Current content is focused on beginners and some intermediates as well , so it might help them avoid the BS* which every beginner goes through ( I wen't through same too)

40 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

I just started my youtube channel related to fitness stuff. Am I allowed to post a link to my channel/video here ? Current content is focused on beginners and some intermediates as well , so it might help them avoid the BS* which every beginner goes through ( I wen't through same too)

Yes. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Yes. 

Thanks here's my channel :-

4 videos uploaded till now .

Also would love to have some feedback on video and what kind of topics do you guys want me to cover up.

Edited by gs_RoXxX
Added video link instead

On 3/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, SRINI87 said:

Anyone watches Athlean - X videos. :P

I tried some of his tips for arms.

My arm size has increased. now its 43 cm

but lacks definition

I am very much thankful to Athlean.

His one particular exercise helped me be somewhat pain free from sciatica pain when nothing helped.

Now I can at least again play football twice a week (aim remains to get back to daily which is very difficult as my game is heavily dependent on using my body/back to bring in between the players and the ball) , pushing too much brings it back but better than nothing.

Have been following other home exercises as well.

Not into body building at all, just always look to boost my performance.

I had suspected this.

Tried to find out and the eleptical trainer's timer goesback to zero after hitting 99.59

Tiring in the end for only 575 calories(at level 5 hill intervals which are easier - usually do level 6 manual setting) 871470c63b563ca9e1a70750abf200f2.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

I had suspected this.

Tried to find out and the eleptical trainer's timer goesback to zero after hitting 99.59

Tiring in the end for only 575 calories(at level 5 hill intervals which are easier - usually do level 6 manual setting) 871470c63b563ca9e1a70750abf200f2.jpg

Never Rely on the calories number on these cardio machines. These numbers are way off and also amount of calories burnt will vary from person to person

13 hours ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Never Rely on the calories number on these cardio machines. These numbers are way off and also amount of calories burnt will vary from person to person

Yes, I know that but since the machine takes your weight at the start and also measures your heart rate throughout I thought it could be close.

• 2 weeks later...

^ This helped immensely (has beginner friendly levels and very easy to start and actually helpful), now start on advance from the start along with some additional stuff and don't take breaks.

Currently doing all of these together in a go to keep my back in normal condition.

And legs have different videos,

Want to add some very light shoulder stuff but anything more than these gets too much and I don't enjoy them even when done separately, weak upper body. (Might look beginner stuff for it without weights)

Edited by GunnerY2J

31 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

I developed some belly fat  and some man boobs by working long hours and eating junks for past 8 months.

Will cardio be enough for me ? Any specific cardio I should follow ? 

Dont have time to run to gyms .

Ideally my weight is around 76-79kg but now I am near 98. Height is 6Ft 

Go on the intermittent fasting which is easy to follow for working individuals. Weight training and cardio will get your desired result... I am not exercising at all yet I lost 4 kg with intermittent fasting.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

Go on the intermittent fasting which is easy to follow for working individuals. Weight training and cardio will get your desired result... I am not exercising at all yet I lost 4 kg with intermittent fasting.. 

Isnt that bad for health ? The more you fast the less you loose  weight coz our body tries to reserve all those calories . Also it drastically reduces metabolism which is bad for weight loss. 

Why fast ? 

Just run 5 KMs a day (or less but at a decent speed increasing a km every week) and do planks.(increasing 10 seconds every day or whatever feels satisfying)

Nothing better than running and would also make you feel fresh, active and increase efficiency.

Or if you have 30 extra minutes you can do a core workout, at 90 kilos you ll have to start at beginner level which is very easy to follow in this video

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
At level 6 manual setting ,distance covered reduced by 25-30% but calories burnt increased by 20% compared to level 5 (hill intervals)

Want to reach 99.59 in this setting for warm up.

fd4e8a28b04a7ba3f64a2f2fbb7992e9.jpg

Went in to do 99.59 again but at level 6

And opted to stop at 50 because of the knee, need to do add some more knee exercises in the schedule.

At least distance bettered for the 50 minutes at an average of 56 cycles per minute.

ad91c7981bd97cd95b662f27d96fc271.jpg

• 2 weeks later...