Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

Well thanks guys. Also how should a gym membership for 1 month cost ideally? We have quite the spectrum in terms of pricing in my area.

I'll give it a shot, just stick to cardio for the first month, hopefully the trainer isnt super pushy (like you guys have said they dont give an F) which is exactly what Im looking for. 

13 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well thanks guys. Also how should a gym membership for 1 month cost ideally? We have quite the spectrum in terms of pricing in my area.

I'll give it a shot, just stick to cardio for the first month, hopefully the trainer isnt super pushy (like you guys have said they dont give an F) which is exactly what Im looking for. 

About 2k a month should be good value, but it really depends on your needs. For eg the gym I go to is right next to my building, so I don't need shower or locker or change of cloths, and the gym doesn't have those anyway so it costs like 1.5k a months. If you go to the gym with those facilities plus sauna etc, and if they have bunch of machines so you don't have to wait even at peak hours, you might have to shell out 4k or more. They're usually cheaper if you go for 3/6/12 month memberships, but you have to commit for that long. Otherwise its even bigger waste of money.

Here's a little tip to tell the trainers to not bother you without being rude, wear headphone/earbuds, play something loud and completely zone out. Nobody bothers a guy in the gym with headphones and starring into a void while doing reps.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

About 2k a month should be good value, but it really depends on your needs. For eg the gym I go to is right next to my building, so I don't need shower or locker or change of cloths, and the gym doesn't have those anyway so it costs like 1.5k a months. If you go to the gym with those facilities plus sauna etc, and if they have bunch of machines so you don't have to wait even at peak hours, you might have to shell out 4k or more. They're usually cheaper if you go for 3/6/12 month memberships, but you have to commit for that long. Otherwise its even bigger waste of money.

Here's a little tip to tell the trainers to not bother you without being rude, wear headphone/earbuds, play something loud and completely zone out. Nobody bothers a guy in the gym with headphones and starring into a void while doing reps.

Thanks for the tip haha. 

Yeah gyms in my area go from 1.5K to 3K at most I think. I think Im gonna join one where Id have a friend though xD

On 1/1/2020 at 7:41 PM, Kirti said:

My pain used to start from right hip all the way down to legs, with numbness in lower leg and the pain used to go in my right testicle also, it was hell man.

But there are only one or two exercises for slipped disc. The one which I do is Back Extension in which you lie down on your stomach and raise your front body.

Tell me about it.

Bike riding and a accident on it straight destroyed my lower back. Slipped disc twice and finally cause the disc to push right into my nerves. numbness in the legs feet,  L4-L5, S1- S2..life's been hell.

Not a single waking moment that I am not in pain.

5 hours ago, Snake said:

Tell me about it.

Bike riding and a accident on it straight destroyed my lower back. Slipped disc twice and finally cause the disc to push right into my nerves. numbness in the legs feet,  L4-L5, S1- S2..life's been hell.

Not a single waking moment that I am not in pain.

Sad :(, what did your doctor(s) said, following any physiotherapy now?

2 hours ago, Kirti said:

Sad :(, what did your doctor(s) said, following any physiotherapy now?

Docs said the disc need to go back in place before any PT, so I'm currently focusing on losing weight... which is kinda hard when exercising is off the table.

36 minutes ago, Snake said:

so I'm currently focusing on losing weight... which is kinda hard when exercising is off the table.

Possible to make changes to diet? I went from 82 to 68kgs in 6-8 months, this was back in early 2017.No exercising at all...other than 30-45 mins walk in the evening, if that can be counted as exercise. I am facing an eye condition because of which doctors have asked me not to do anything related to weights....but I haven't gained back weight since then.

13 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Possible to make changes to diet? I went from 82 to 68kgs in 6-8 months, this was back in early 2017.No exercising at all...other than 30-45 mins walk in the evening, if that can be counted as exercise. I am facing an eye condition because of which doctors have asked me not to do anything related to weights....but I haven't gained back weight since then.

That's the plan , gotta cut out sugars and other junk

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Docs said the disc need to go back in place before any PT, so I'm currently focusing on losing weight... which is kinda hard when exercising is off the table.

But doesn't disc go back by exercise? or only losing weight helps in this.

And from what I've seen on youtube, the chances of disc getting back in position is very difficult. But have to stay positive, maybe one day :D.

2 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Which is easier said than done , in my experience :P

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I agree completely

Not that hard if you make your own stuff with sugar substitutes like Erythritol or Stevia. Grab a cheap OTG oven, some almond/coconut flour, eggs, cream cheese and some dark chocolate and you'll be making sweet a*s stuff that you can eat for days with no sugar guilt. I've been on a sugar/carb free diet for over a year and the sweet craving has actually disappeared completely. I just make sugar free cheese cakes and chocolates bars with coconut ganache at home so I don't feel like eating the sugary sh*t they sell in stores.

53 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Not that hard if you make your own stuff with sugar substitutes like Erythritol or Stevia. Grab a cheap OTG oven, some almond/coconut flour, eggs, cream cheese and some dark chocolate and you'll be making sweet a*s stuff that you can eat for days with no sugar guilt. I've been on a sugar/carb free diet for over a year and the sweet craving has actually disappeared completely. I just make sugar free cheese cakes and chocolates bars with coconut ganache at home so I don't feel like eating the sugary sh*t they sell in stores.

Please share the recipe. Would like to give it a try. Have all the equpment mostly.

53 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Please share the recipe. Would like to give it a try. Have all the equpment mostly.

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

I've made this playlist of low carb sweet recipes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95z9TMxng-13dpHVDhnS_uY4jkiMJzVJ

For sweetner I use either this or this. Stevia is 1/4th of sugar substitute but has a slightly bitter aftertaste. Erythritol is 1:1 and closest you'll find that tastes like sugar. 

Also dark chocolate and almond flour. You can also use 90% Lindt. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I've made this playlist of low carb sweet recipes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95z9TMxng-13dpHVDhnS_uY4jkiMJzVJ

For sweetner I use either this or this. Stevia is 1/4th of sugar substitute but has a slightly bitter aftertaste. Erythritol is 1:1 and closest you'll find that tastes like sugar. 

Also dark chocolate and almond flour. You can also use 90% Lindt. 

Thanks! 

Will try some recipes out.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

How's the sugar/carb free lifestyle working out for you.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

How's the sugar/carb free lifestyle working out for you.

Pretty good actually. I lost 10 kilos in a year, which were actually the last 10 kilos I needed to lose for my height, which are usually the most stubborn kilos. Plus better mental clarity, reduced appetite, no sugar craving, not sleepy during the afternoon etc. Only downside is that you have to pretty much cook everything you eat by yourself. Practically every food item here in the restaurants is loaded with carbs in the form of refined atta, white rice and sugars/MSG. On the upside, it'll make a decent cook out of you so you can impress people with your juicy steaks and homemade chicken tikkas and paneer makhnis :P