Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

8 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I've made this playlist of low carb sweet recipes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95z9TMxng-13dpHVDhnS_uY4jkiMJzVJ

For sweetner I use either this or this. Stevia is 1/4th of sugar substitute but has a slightly bitter aftertaste. Erythritol is 1:1 and closest you'll find that tastes like sugar. 

Also dark chocolate and almond flour. You can also use 90% Lindt. 

what OTG  you got at home?

4 hours ago, Snake said:

what OTG  you got at home?

This one

https://www.flipkart.com/singer-16-litre-sot-160-mbt-oven-toaster-grill-otg/p/itmfgxfhezzqhwjk?pid=OTNFGXFH2BXKYTFT&lid=LSTOTNFGXFH2BXKYTFTATH0HG&marketplace=FLIPKART

Pretty basic but gets the job done.

The best part about low carb diet is it doesn't ask you to eat in moderation like other diets or drop your daily calorie below maintenance which eventually destroys your metabolism if you don't workout. As long as you don't eat carbs you can go ham with stuff like butter chicken, ghee fried scrambled egg, deep fried pork chops, make rice out of cauliflower and eat 2 plates full of mutton biryani made from that rice. If your daily MBR is 2000 Kc you can eat 2000 Kc per day and still lose weight. 

Guys, what's a good pre workout and a good mid afternoon snack ? Don't want to gorge on biscuits and stuff, trying loose belly fat.  Been going to gym and get hunger pangs like crazy when I'm doing cardio or post workout.

I go to gym in the lunch time (12), and have lunch immediately after at 1.  Have breakfast around 8/8:30.  Get cravings while working out or mid afternoon around 4/4:30.

Edited by Ne0

8 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

This one

https://www.flipkart.com/singer-16-litre-sot-160-mbt-oven-toaster-grill-otg/p/itmfgxfhezzqhwjk?pid=OTNFGXFH2BXKYTFT&lid=LSTOTNFGXFH2BXKYTFTATH0HG&marketplace=FLIPKART

Pretty basic but gets the job done.

The best part about low carb diet is it doesn't ask you to eat in moderation like other diets or drop your daily calorie below maintenance which eventually destroys your metabolism if you don't workout. As long as you don't eat carbs you can go ham with stuff like butter chicken, ghee fried scrambled egg, deep fried pork chops, make rice out of cauliflower and eat 2 plates full of mutton biryani made from that rice. If your daily MBR is 2000 Kc you can eat 2000 Kc per day and still lose weight. 

Thanks man..... I'll look into it

8 minutes ago, SRINI87 said:

Guys

How to lose fat without losing Muscle.I am kinda getting frustrated here.

When i eat less i lose fat, muscle and strength ,when i  eat more i get big along with fat .

I also tried cutting carbs,.

Run, run, run, run.

To say in simple terms, do 80% cardio and 20% weights to maintain muscle mass.

Keep your diet high in protein, obviously.

You can't have both without exercise.

I did say last eleptical post, but I didn't think I would be able to better that last 50 minute reading.

So increased another level and it's a 575 calorie first exercise.

This time had to take 6-7 breaks of 12-15 seconds each to drink a sip of water and also when I felt like puking though.

90c84aceda5a567075e9a1bf43e000e6.jpgf863b2ad0a1176477e51d033f909083b.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

^^ 575 calories on an elliptical in 50 mins  :O  What were your settings ? That's awesome, hope you've not stretched yourself to the point of injury !

Level 11 manual setting (same resistance all the time) from the very start (switched to level 12 for 15-20 minutes maybe)

And average comes to 50 cycles per minute.

Maximum is level 15.

No, apart from feeling like throwing up a few times while doing - no bodily fatigue, did some calf, knee and light upper body exercises exercises after it along with 100 bicycle crunches.

21 minutes ago, adity said:

I started running from Sunday. Very hard to sustain even light jogging. It take 45 minutes+ to complete 5 km. 

However, feels very good. I feel fresh and energetic the whole day. I just hope I am able to sustain this for long. Never done any sizable physical activity in my life. 

Watch out for heel pain and lower back pain, got myself some lousy pain by over exerting myself in the beginning.  Eden I went back, I took it nice and slow.  Mild walking, brisk walking and then jogging.  For me it was important I worked out for 30 mins every weekday, not three died/distance covered !

14 minutes ago, adity said:

People always say that it hurts a couple of days and then subsists. I'm kinda going off of that. 

I would say it never ever gets easier, keeps getting difficult everyday and first few days there's great motivation and fresh energy as well.

What was exerting you in 5 KM's will exert you in 10 KM's or you ll cover 5 KM's in 20 minutes.

and it ll still hurt and actually more.

So...I gave it (exercising) a try and almost felt like throwing up. Heart started running and throat dried up. Backside of the knee and thigh started paining and still is after 2 days. 

Day 1 - lasted around 7 minutes ish and couldn't do anymore.

Day 2 - lasted around 15 minutes. Wanted to continue but too much knee/thigh pain. 

Day 3 - yet to do today.

Thing is, normal to have such high pain? Even after resting for couple of hours, the pain is still there and actually got worse after resting or even sitting for an hour. Almost feels like cogs jammed and taking a toll to start moving. I had to stretch out a bit to avoid the pain.

This was the routine I was doing:

• 12 arm circles
  • 12 lateral steps
  • 12 side bend
  • 12 rise and plie
  • 12 squat
  • Jumping jacks - this is where I couldn't do it anymore on day 1. Day 2 skipped this. 
  • 40 running in place - started feeling heaviness  
  • 10 slow burpees
  • Knee tuck crunches - couldn't do enough  
  • 16 Russian twist
  • 10 bird dog
  • Super mans - failed badly

Basically after that body started to pain more and more. Drank some water and rested.  Am going to try and see how it goes for a week/month. Kind of fun but seems super taxing on my body.  Am slim and never had to exercise a day. 

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Following this 30 day leg workout.

Everyday he's going to upload a different leg workout, definitely worth adding to your routine.

And it was really brutal.

Legs have never felt so shaky right after,

29 days more.

This looks so simple but pains so much. 

43 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

So...I gave it (exercising) a try and almost felt like throwing up. Heart started running and throat dried up. Backside of the knee and thigh started paining and still is after 2 days. 

Day 1 - lasted around 7 minutes ish and couldn't do anymore.

Day 2 - lasted around 15 minutes. Wanted to continue but too much knee/thigh pain. 

Day 3 - yet to do today.

Thing is, normal to have such high pain? Even after resting for couple of hours, the pain is still there and actually got worse after resting or even sitting for an hour. Almost feels like cogs jammed and taking a toll to start moving. I had to stretch out a bit to avoid the pain.

This was the routine I was doing:

• 12 arm circles
  • 12 lateral steps
  • 12 side bend
  • 12 rise and plie
  • 12 squat
  • Jumping jacks - this is where I couldn't do it anymore on day 1. Day 2 skipped this. 
  • 40 running in place - started feeling heaviness  
  • 10 slow burpees
  • Knee tuck crunches - couldn't do enough  
  • 16 Russian twist
  • 10 bird dog
  • Super mans - failed badly

Basically after that body started to pain more and more. Drank some water and rested.  Am going to try and see how it goes for a week/month. Kind of fun but seems super taxing on my body.  Am slim and never had to exercise a day. 

The more the thigh (front) pain the better, everybody has that no matter how long they have been exercising.

Rest doesn't make the pain go away, be active the next day and it will feel better, doing exercise and resting the next day makes it worse.

But knee pain is bad, takes a while to heel, stop immediately when knee pains.

And do something else.

Although front and side knee pain is a more major concern.

I don't see anything stressful in what you are doing, throw up feeling should not come for slim people.

just that while squatting remember that your knee should be in line with your heels (shouldn't go further forward)

I have zero physique/gains - apart from seeing some shaping up and tightening of the calves.

But I manage to do 50-100 of each of the most you mentioned - only lunges take away everything from your legs :p

Only high level eleptical makes me want to throw up.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 1

Thanks. My bad it is apparently calf area (not knee back). 

12 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Rest doesn't make the pain go away, be active the next day and it will feel better, doing exercise and resting the next day makes it worse.

I noticed this today. Staying active lowered the pain but while sitting for an hour or two, pain starts back when you move again. 

Good to know thigh pain is normal. 

I (half) fast alternate days. Most days breakfast + lunch or lunch + dinner. Though I eat lot of ice cream. Not much of junk food like pizza/burgers.

12 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Let's complete the 30 day challenge now.

You exercise at home or at fitness centre? Am planning to do for 30 days and see how it helps/changes. 

16 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Thanks. My bad it is apparently calf area (not knee back). 

I noticed this today. Staying active lowered the pain but while sitting for an hour or two, pain starts back when you move again. 

Good to know thigh pain is normal. 

I (half) fast alternate days. Most days breakfast + lunch or lunch + dinner. Though I eat lot of ice cream. Not much of junk food like pizza/burgers.

You exercise at home or at fitness centre? Am planning to do for 30 days and see how it helps/changes. 

At home.

You are slim, why are you fasting or have gained weight now ?

I follow plenty of YouTube videos plus cycle daily and now casual football on weekends.

Calf pain is also incredibly normal and helpful, every one feels and should feel that.

at risk areas are knees, ankles and lower back.

Nothing else unless you do weights.