Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

Very close to the maximum limit of the eleptical machine for the majority of the 50 minutes,

and it's a personal best of 605 calories in 50 minutes.

How is distance calculated in the eleptical though ? (why is it so low, I mean for treadmill it is like 2 kilometres in 8 minutes)bcd3f7a5841603f1f58f4d8453230905.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Google forecast showed cloudy weather with high precipitation, so thought it would be my last chance to cross 100 KM's for the first time before summer arrives.

But, it was as hot and humid as it could be [never trust Google forecast]

Nonetheless 110 KM'S DONE IN A GO.

Stats are of the return trip only.be04218450a3ffd12d4c9ebedc793cb8.jpg2509d9e5ccfda7c1d38529fd3f1d531b.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A good 1 hour workout after a long time, gets very hot and dehydrating in this temperature.

Warm up (100 skipping jumps, 30 knee ups and 30 jumping jacks)

Done in two sets :

75 close squats (feet touching each other)
140 lunge pulses (70 each leg)
75 jump squats (5 second break after every 12-15 repitition)
75 calf squats

1 80 second squat hold 
2 40 second squat holds

Basic 5 minute calf stretches.

90 hip bridges
leg outside circles (120 seconds - felt the hardest actually)
Donkey kicks (180 seconds) 
seal kicks (90 Seconds)

57 pushups - 3 sets (23,24,10)
100 mountain climbers (1 set)

And 1.3 km cycling to get milk and dahi.

Edited by GunnerY2J

• 4 weeks later...

I don't go to the gym or anything (I mean, before the virus took over), but over the past few months I developed a routine of cycling for an hour or so daily. 

Twice a day (two hours) in the colder months, had to cut it to one hour every night because of the heat.

I initially did it only because I really enjoy cycling, fitness not being much of a concern. But this, combined with eating moderately healthy for 2 months has shown some results I guess.

Idk about weight, but Im pretty sure I'm slimmer with regard to how I fit in my clothes. People around me have also said so.

Furthermore, I wasn't exactly fat but I didn't have any muscle either. Cycling didn't do much in the weight department maybe, but I see decent muscle definition around my legs.

It's not insane, but compared to earlier, there are definitely lines and bulges going around. 

I can't even cycle within my society now because one of my friends has got the virus, and nobody can leave.

Can anybody recommend exercises which I could do? Now I don't want the work to go away, even though it wasn't really a goal.

(I'm no good at pushups and stuff, but I can do those weird leg raises where you have to twist your legs or whatever) 

PS. They aren't going to seal the society. So we maybe allowed walks and cycling in around a week :) 

22 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I don't go to the gym or anything (I mean, before the virus took over), but over the past few months I developed a routine of cycling for an hour or so daily. 

Twice a day (two hours) in the colder months, had to cut it to one hour every night because of the heat.

I initially did it only because I really enjoy cycling, fitness not being much of a concern. But this, combined with eating moderately healthy for 2 months has shown some results I guess.

Idk about weight, but Im pretty sure I'm slimmer with regard to how I fit in my clothes. People around me have also said so.

Furthermore, I wasn't exactly fat but I didn't have any muscle either. Cycling didn't do much in the weight department maybe, but I see decent muscle definition around my legs.

It's not insane, but compared to earlier, there are definitely lines and bulges going around. 

I can't even cycle within my society now because one of my friends has got the virus, and nobody can leave.

Can anybody recommend exercises which I could do? Now I don't want the work to go away, even though it wasn't really a goal.

(I'm no good at pushups and stuff, but I can do those weird leg raises where you have to twist your legs or whatever) 

PS. They aren't going to seal the society. So we maybe allowed walks and cycling in around a week :) 

Leg raises are mostly for abs, if youre specifically looking to workout your legs then you can go for Squats, lunges, good morning bends (actually stiff leg deadlifts, but good morning bends can be modified to imitate stiff leg deadlifts), calf raises,etc

Edited by playstationdude

31 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Leg raises are mostly for abs, if youre specifically looking to workout your legs then you can go for Squats, lunges, good morning bends (actually stiff leg deadlifts, but good morning bends can be modified to imitate stiff leg deadlifts), calf raises,etc

I'll search em up and do those, thank you. Hope they're fun to do

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Jump rope. I've been doing for about just over a month. Only 30min is enough to kick your a*s big time. When I started out I could barely do more than 100 total and 10 in a row. Now just yesterday I did my first 1k without tripping and 5000 total in about 40 min. It is relatively low impact, will shoot your heart rate through the roof and burns insane amount of calories (1000+ per hr)

28 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Jump rope. I've been doing for about just over a month. Only 30min is enough to kick your a*s big time. When I started out I could barely do more than 100 total and 10 in a row. Now just yesterday I did my first 1k without tripping and 5000 total in about 40 min. It is relatively low impact, will shoot your heart rate through the roof and burns insane amount of calories (1000+ per hr)

Bro tip: Sometimes I superset jump rope sets with Burpees. Ultimate fun. :batman:

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Check out anabolic aliens 30 day leg program on YouTube.

Perfect for a beginner and slowly he keeps raising the bar and in 30 days you ll reach a high level and the last 3 days always are tough to do.

Edit : here - 

Edited by GunnerY2J

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Jump Ropes seems a lot of fun, I'm not much worried how effective it is as a workout.

I've seen a few of my friends do the criss-cross things with jump ropes and always looks cool :) 

Idk if I have one lying around, but I've never done em before, hopefully its not too difficult getting started. 

I'm a clumsy f**k lol

If you have a straight stretch of 5-7 metres or more in your home or building terrace, you can do brisk walking, jogging or running. A woman in Britain recently ran a whole marathon in her backyard and it was not more than 5-6 metres long. 

Skipping is not that hard to learn. Do single jumps with the rope to get your jump timing right. You only need to twist your wrists and make tiny jumps (3-5 cm). Start with a very slow pace (50-60 jumps per minute) and only concentrate on rhythm first. Then build up to 100/min within a day. With practice and improved stamina you can do close to 200 jumps per minute. 

Other then that you can do many body weight exercises at home like pushups and squats.