Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

26 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Some pics from the weekend 75K ride, was a mix of Climbs, OffRoading, Bad (first) Crash and this Awesome viewpoint..

Overlooking Bannerghatta National Park, Entry is via a gated community close to Nisarga layout..

Splendid view.

Good thing you're wearing a helmet haha. When you say bad crash, I hope it isnt too bad...

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Splendid view.

Good thing you're wearing a helmet haha. When you say bad crash, I hope it isnt too bad...

Luckily the Helmet saved the day and that's why its so important to wear a helmet regardless of short or long ride, would have had a bad head injury without it. Fell on my left thigh so just some bruises and soreness, already feeling better..

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Luckily the Helmet saved the day and that's why its so important to wear a helmet regardless of short or long ride, would have had a bad head injury without it. Fell on my left thigh so just some bruises and soreness, already feeling better..

Yes. I have a bad habit when it comes to that.

Last time I fell, almost split my phone in half. Still have it, its a 90 degree bend 

That was a bad fall. Safety first :) 

On 7/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Some pics from the weekend 75K ride, was a mix of Climbs, OffRoading, Bad (first) Crash and this Awesome viewpoint..

Overlooking Bannerghatta National Park, Entry is via a gated community close to Nisarga layout..

b405711a445293c252278600807b99dc.jpg

27315f16aa950108421538b802af8477.jpg

7dedacb2d68cc8e976deb38be8feda93.jpg

d347a15cadbe94d31e7c67763f1076d1.jpg

Which model of giant is this and cost ?

How's escape 3 ?

8 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Which model of giant is this and cost ?

How's escape 3 ?

This is Revel 1, 2016 model.. Paid close to 46K when I bought in 2016.. Not sure of the escape, Are you looking for MTB or Hybrid? I suggest buy a used one from CYCLOP Facebook group.. some good deals keep popping there...

15 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

This is Revel 1, 2016 model.. Paid close to 46K when I bought in 2016.. Not sure of the escape, Are you looking for MTB or Hybrid? I suggest buy a used one from CYCLOP Facebook group.. some good deals keep popping there...

Hybrid only.

Wanna do 150 plus kms right away, so MTB definitely not.

23 k was the budget but one suggested montra blues won't be worth it for such and also not available.

Not sure about used.

Edited by GunnerY2J

35 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Hybrid only.

Wanna do 150 plus kms right away, so MTB definitely not.

23 k was the budget but one suggested montra blues won't be worth it for such and also not available.

Not sure about used.

Don’t go for Montra, 23K is a good budget for a used one.. Let me see if I find anything, will send you but keep a look on that group..

13 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Don’t go for Montra, 23K is a good budget for a used one.. Let me see if I find anything, will send you but keep a look on that group..

I have submitted a request but new is a priority.

It will actually be the first cycle bought for myself,

Have been cycling in my brother's 23 year old hero ranger and 12 year old hero hawk.

So would prefer new.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Cool. As you are looking to buy a long term endurance bike good to invest in a good one.. when I say used it won’t be bad.. minimal used of course.. I picked up a road bike last year.. MRP was 75K but I paid 40K and it has less than 1000 kms on it so as good as new... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Cool. As you are looking to buy a long term endurance bike good to invest in a good one.. when I say used it won’t be bad.. minimal used of course.. I picked up a road bike last year.. MRP was 75K but I paid 40K and it has less than 1000 kms on it so as good as new... 

Wow, that's a solid deal.

Btw, these expensive bikes have a km reading as well ?

Why not montra though ? 

In the starting entry range isn't it the best option ? 

Giant escape 3 is 30000.

Edited by GunnerY2J

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

What is a good ratio of egg whites to yellow ?

7 whites and 4 yolks okay with rice, dal and Vegetables for two meals(out of 4) in a day.

Not for bulking up though, just regular recovery and strength.

I think 3 egg yolks is good for 1 day. Though I dont like eating egg whites separately, I just have 3 whole eggs as a meal. Half of the protein and nutrients are wasted when you throw away the yolk.

Used to eat upto 12 egg whites a day when I was in my early 20s, but that just gave me pimples 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I think 3 egg yolks is good for 1 day. Though I dont like eating egg whites separately, I just have 3 whole eggs as a meal. Half of the protein and nutrients are wasted when you throw away the yolk.

Used to eat upto 12 egg whites a day when I was in my early 20s, but that just gave me pimples 

Yes, I meant 4 whole eggs plus 3 whites.

People are Pretty divided on this, 

Some say no yolks at all and some say the real thing is the yolk.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

People say that because of fat and cholestrol, but honestly the cholestrol in yolks is the good one plus there are plenty of places you can cut fat and cholestrol (butter, ghee, oil etc).

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

People say that because of fat and cholestrol, but honestly the cholestrol in yolks is the good one plus there are plenty of places you can cut fat and cholestrol (butter, ghee, oil etc).

Right.

I don't eat butter though.

Oil is a necessity for indian food.

And put in extra ghee in dal-chaawal.

(3-4 cups thick toor dal with 1 cup rice in one meal)

14 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

I've been putting down full eggs for a while now, and thankfully no issues here. 

I've spoken to a lot of doctors and dietitians regarding this debate and if you don't have an underlying cholesterol problem, plus are relatively active, yolks are not a problem. 

• Like 1

155 KM's cycling today.

My companion who calls himself an athlete and has 6 pack abs and godly legs and back gave up midway and deserted me calling for help from home.

Also he had a 25k cycle compared to 3200 rs of mine 

Nonetheless, Maximum distance ever for me

and also was forced to fulfill my lifelong hidden desire of  cycling half naked in the rains for about 40 kilometres.

(chances of pnemonia with that completely dripping wet shirt).

Edited by GunnerY2J

13 minutes ago, adity said:

Wet shirts don't cause pneumonia lol. But it's cool that you could fulfill your fetish. 

Rain Wet shirt for 3-4 hours won't have chances to cause pnemonia ?

Also, there's a scene in the movie Tashan, where Kareena drys her bikini to prevent pnemonia. It was definitely mentioned by saif or kareena.

Edited by GunnerY2J