Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

• 3 weeks later...

How much does a cult fit membership cost usually? I bought a 6 month membership fir 18k and I feel like I overplayed because a friend of mine got a years worth for 15k sometime back. 

Does anyone know how their sale works ?

Guys, I need workout recommendations for a guy with zero muscle. The guy is me and I'm looking to gain weight/muscle, what would you recommend? What has worked for you to develop muscle? I'm not looking to bodybuild, just look less noodle-like. 
Push ups.
And eat less carbs and more protein.
I gained 6 kg from 63.5 to 69.5 in 3 months without gaining any fat.
Although my cardio stamina has reduced now.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Push ups.

What are you saying buddy? You need to eat carbs to gain muscle just that they should be clean carbs and not in the evening. Protein obviously also needs to be high.

High protein low carb diet is good for cutting , not bulking up.

37 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

What are you saying buddy? You need to eat carbs to gain muscle just that they should be clean carbs and not in the evening. Protein obviously also needs to be high.

High protein low carb diet is good for cutting , not bulking up.

I don't know, I was not eating roti and rice for a couple of months and used to be hungry more and happen to eat 5-6 meals a day.

Like triple the quantity of dal and vegetables and meat against the normal amount with roti and rice.

But with roti and rice , I don't manage to eat that much protein and only 2-3 meals a day.

Dal used to be sometimes cooked thrice then, now only once.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

I don't know, I was not eating roti and rice for a couple of months and used to be hungry more and happen to eat 5-6 meals a day.

Like triple the quantity of dal and vegetables and meat against the normal amount with roti and rice 

But with roti and rice , I don't manage to eat that much protein and 3 meals a day.

You need carbs to bulk, just that should be had in moderation and complex carbs like brown rice, oats, quinoa, etc. Also carbs after 7.30-8 should be avoided even while bulking up as iy can cause fat storage since we are usually not active at night.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Push ups.

That isn't how it works buddy.

Depending on your goals, one should increase protein per pound of body weight like 1gm/lb or 2gm/lb.

And then rest of your calories are divided in fat and carbs. You'll be surprised to see that almost 40% of your total calories will be coming coming from carbs.

If you keep high protein and very low carb diet, you will go lean. But you will definitely lose strength and also low carbs directly affects your wellness. 

Also, in such a diet, your duration and intensity of workout is very important because you might feel like your workout is tiring you but that will be because of loss of carbs, protein will end up getting rejected by the body.

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You need carbs to bulk, just that should be had in moderation and complex carbs like brown rice, oats, quinoa, etc. Also carbs after 7.30-8 should be avoided even while bulking up as iy can cause fat storage since we are usually not active at night.

Oh, I should reduce my carbs again then, 

I haven't been able to get much protein these days, so had started with roti and rice again to fill stomach.

Have no idea about the theory just shared my experience with normal carbs : white rice and normal wheat which is part of regular indian diet.

Skipping these made me eat much more protein and gain a few kilos or it could have been just due to exercise change.

26 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

That isn't how it works buddy.

Depending on your goals, one should increase protein per pound of body weight like 1gm/lb or 2gm/lb.

And then rest of your calories are divided in fat and carbs. You'll be surprised to see that almost 40% of your total calories will be coming coming from carbs.

If you keep high protein and very low carb diet, you will go lean. But you will definitely lose strength and also low carbs directly affects your wellness. 

Also, in such a diet, your duration and intensity of workout is very important because you might feel like your workout is tiring you but that will be because of loss of carbs, protein will end up getting rejected by the body.

Haven't done weight lifting.

I had reached a good level of endurance in those less carb 3 months back : 150 kms with a normal (12 year old) 3000 rs cycle and 50 minutes eleptical at maximum machine capacity and daily 100 push ups,

Can't even get close to the earlier two things now.

I guess even without roti/rice, there's enough carbs in 3-4 bowls of dal and vegetables ?

Confused or just demotivated now.

Edited by GunnerY2J

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Nope, it burns quite less : stats wise, I 

mean what shows on screen.

Although I feel treadmill to be easier as youo only have to jump and not push.

Yeah, treadmill is definitely easier than crosstrainer, hence was surprised.

Skipping is rhe best imo. You reach almost the same burn in 30 min as you wpuld reach in 45-50min at same pace on treadmill.

Yeah, treadmill is definitely easier than crosstrainer, hence was surprised.
Skipping is rhe best imo. You reach almost the same burn in 30 min as you wpuld reach in 45-50min at same pace on treadmill.
I also googled it that how does it burn less when it is harder, like even slow jogging pace burns a lot more in a treadmill :

There is a common misconception that ellipticals burn as many calories as treadmills but without the impact, unfortunately this is not true.
Due to your feet staying in contact with the foot pedals of an elliptical you do not engage the same muscles for balance and impact as you do with a treadmill, that said using a cross trainer / elliptical is still a great way to shred calories.

This is the average burn in an eleptical from that site for the same 25 minutes and weight, don't know how average or reliable it is :3cc466d629fda4ad9bd718d3e2c86709.jpg

Went to buy football shoes today,

Nike was having 50% off.

From a couple of years have shifted to 7 from 8 (indian brand)

Nike measured foot and gave size 9.

And was very tight,could barely get into it only after squeezing in hard but after getting in, it was quite loose.

Huge gap as well in front of toe.

Said the foot is wider for its length.

They said 8 wouldn't be able to get inside and also agree that 9 isn't right.

Edited by GunnerY2J