Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

4 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

This should be posted in jokes and funny thread bhai :)

Their experience is always be going to be different than what you get. I would suggest to try for a month and then decide. For me i workout with a group of people who are well versed with the form and techniques and they help me out.

A PT is much more than just good-form so maybe hazard has some other needs/ likes/ injuries etc.

Personal trainers are good but like everything YMMV. Just choose a good and knowledgeable one!

32 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

A PT is much more than just good-form so maybe hazard has some other needs/ likes/ injuries etc.

Personal trainers are good but like everything YMMV. Just choose a good and knowledgeable one!

Ah yes ofcourse not denying that, my main point was the results you will have will differ from what other share here. better get a one month trial and then think about it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

Yeah i am looking more towards core & muscle strengthening  and educating myself.

Just get that round about good knowledge and to have that exercise schedule in my brain.

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

i workout with a group of people who are well versed with the form and techniques and they help me out.:)

This is the best.

General pts are bad.

I don't like following what a pt tells as well, I had free 1 month pt at new gym but I didn't like him, followed him only for a week.

I also see them suggesting various kinds of supplements to everyone.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I wanted to hire a PT as well, owing to a shoulder injury which keeps flaring in pressing movements, sadly they are horribly expensive to hire now:fear:

A good trainer is quite valuable, and can transform your future health, fitness, and wellbeing. In India, in good faith, I can recommend a K11 certified trainer. See if your gym has one and take them on for 12 weeks. Do not commit, so you can opt-out after 4 weeks. But if you see value, stick for 12 weeks. 

Not just injury correction, but scientifically true and efficient training mechanisms, leading to steady improvement and future injury prevention. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

A good trainer is quite valuable, and can transform your future health, fitness, and wellbeing. In India, in good faith, I can recommend a K11 certified trainer. See if your gym has one and take them on for 12 weeks. Do not commit, so you can opt-out after 4 weeks. But if you see value, stick for 12 weeks. 

Not just injury correction, but scientifically true and efficient training mechanisms, leading to steady improvement and future injury prevention. 

Exactly that is what I was referring. Sometimes the trainers dumb-down things because a lot of people are not interested to learn and just want to build muscles. But if you are interested most of them are happy to share their knowledge. Proper form is something, sometimes people need a spur and drive towards a target in which a PT helps.

However PT is pretty expensive here, usually 1-1.5k per session :fear:

On 3/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, niks_flashbullet said:

Below is my review of Knockout fight club (Sector 38-39, Noida). Those living in Delhi Ncr must have heard the name of Knockout Fight club, if you are thinking of joining their mma classes go through my review. https://g.co/kgs/rmLj2h

After posting my review, I got a couple of calls to take down the review for "my betterment".  I have spoken to some of their former students & received a similar feedback as mine.

Mv3Gr1N.jpeg

5tINJQJ.jpeg

6ksEPqi.jpeg

sounds like you ran into a few Gujjars who wanted to bash you up in lieu of payment (from you) ??

• Haha 1

Never used to happen before.(maybe thighs were thinner before)

From mid of last year or so, my inner thighs rub against each other when I walk/run causing chafing and in just within an hour irritation.

I have tried different shorts and powders, ointments but they always rub against each other.

Edited by GunnerY2J

On 7/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, GunnerY2J said:

From mid of last year or so, my inner thighs rub against each other when I walk/run causing chafing and in just within an hour irritation.

Have had that for as long as I can remember. An undesired side effect of hypertrophied femoral adductors. You need lubrication and/or a cloth barrier. Any non-sticky moisturiser should work. There’s anti chafing creams with cycling specific websites but I haven’t needed to try those. 
For barrier, boxers normally and tights during workouts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone setup a basic home gym? I was thinking of getting a dumbell weight set of up to 20kgs and a basic incline / decline bench, both from Amazon. 

Have a budget of 10k to set it up, any suggestions? 

Completely new to weight training tbh, have been using a treadmill at home for 1 year now and I fell it's time to move on form only doing cardio. 

59 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Has anyone setup a basic home gym? I was thinking of getting a dumbell weight set of up to 20kgs and a basic incline / decline bench, both from Amazon. 

Have a budget of 10k to set it up, any suggestions? 

Completely new to weight training tbh, have been using a treadmill at home for 1 year now and I fell it's time to move on form only doing cardio. 

10k will not be enough. I bought one of those incline/decline/flat benches (5k ish from a sports store) and they are sh*t. The width of the seat is usially not wide enough on these cheaper to properly support your back and there are constant wobbling issues. A good heavy duty bench will land you atleast 10-15k. 

The weights again cost around 90rs/kg, so go with that calculation

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

But is it a good place to begin from though? I can see weights from 1.5k ish, and maybe a decent 5k bench? Any good brands?

1. You will not get a decent bench for 5k. Me and many of my friends have tried various sources, with the same issue.

2. Weights are priced basis kg. 90rs/kg is on the lower side. You are talking about 20kg weights, a pair of those will cost you atleast 3600-3700. 

Branded benches have good build quality but as I said earlier, they cost atleast 10-15k. The ones on amazon have poor build quility and wobble while using.

• Thanks 1

If you are getting a bench for 5k. Move along, it's not worth it and downright dangerous.

A decent bench wouldn't cost below 15k, you can get some for 10k but the better ones which are really sturdy, 15k is the point.

Weights can go for 90-120Rs/KG depending on the outer material and shape. Keep in mind if you get these delivered then they will definitely charge GST on it.

• Thanks 1

Found these adjustable weights set on Amazon, any ideas if this is a good option or not? 

Deal of the day: Flexnest Adjustable Dumbbells | Designed-in-Germany | For Men And Women, German Design, Easy Weight Adjustment, Home Workout, Gym Exercise Set https://amzn.eu/d/5GebA7f

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Found these adjustable weights set on Amazon, any ideas if this is a good option or not? 

Deal of the day: Flexnest Adjustable Dumbbells | Designed-in-Germany | For Men And Women, German Design, Easy Weight Adjustment, Home Workout, Gym Exercise Set https://amzn.eu/d/5GebA7f

Flexnext is a good brand.. 8K is for one piece of Dumble though.. these should be good for starters so they can progress along increased weights..

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Man this is confusing. Now I'm reading it is better to do exercises, get a resistance band (not sure what that is lol) and a decent bench with 1 pair of dumbbells. 

:ko:

Honestly do what you like and will enjoy for a long time, same exercises or exercises which doesn't suit you will bore you soon..