Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

I have been diagnosed with piles.

Can I still lift weights, i mean after a week when it heals ?

Doctor does say no meat, no heavy weights.

Does genetics have a major role in this, some of my family members have had this ?

Also, i have always eaten too less of fibre, no salads, no greens, no fruits.

Mostly eaten lots of meat, and too much red meat i guess in the last couple of years 

Common problem, everyone suffers it at some point or i have messed it up ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

39 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Why are you asking this on a gaming forum instead of a nutritionist ?

Personal experience matters more.

Looking for people who have had something similar and how it was overcome.

Also sad, so sharing here and i have been a supporter of non vegetarian food here and food thread as well, so I'm finding this hard, i have been wrong and that this wasn't optimal.

Edited by GunnerY2J

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been working out at home for the last 1 month. Joined a new gym today and did some very very basic excercise set (superset of single arm rowing and close grip lat pull down). 1 set and i started getting dizzy, had to lie down . First time this has happened to me, could it be because ive been on low calories in the last week and went to the gym fasted today?

25 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

So I've been working out at home for the last 1 month. Joined a new gym today and did some very very basic excercise set (superset of single arm rowing and close grip lat pull down). 1 set and i started getting dizzy, had to lie down . First time this has happened to me, could it be because ive been on low calories in the last week and went to the gym fasted today?

Do keep a tab on your blood glucose, BP, heart rate. 

It sounds you experienced hypoglycemia. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I see. I'll go for a full body checkup

Use something like Ultrahuman to keep a tab on key metabolic profiles. 

General detection of hypo will not happen unless you've a disease. When you're exercising, your muscles are using up your blood glucose, and liver is acting to convert glycogen to glucose and release it quickly in the blood. If your body is not used to it, the depletion happens faster than replenishment, and hence hypo. 

Ultrahuman uses Abbott's real time glucose monitoring system (used by T1 diabetics) to keep an (almost) real time tab on glucose levels. It's a bit...big if you're not used to it, but don't think there's anything else like it in the market right now. 

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Use something like Ultrahuman to keep a tab on key metabolic profiles. 

General detection of hypo will not happen unless you've a disease. When you're exercising, your muscles are using up your blood glucose, and liver is acting to convert glycogen to glucose and release it quickly in the blood. If your body is not used to it, the depletion happens faster than replenishment, and hence hypo. 

Ultrahuman uses Abbott's real time glucose monitoring system (used by T1 diabetics) to keep an (almost) real time tab on glucose levels. It's a bit...big if you're not used to it, but don't think there's anything else like it in the market right now. 

Is ultrahuman the m1 patch thing? Or you're talking about the ring?

I see there is a 10k a month monitoring fee as well :eyepop:

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Is ultrahuman the m1 patch thing? Or you're talking about the ring?

I see there is a 10k a month monitoring fee as well :eyepop:

The patch. They started the sh*t subscription service just a few days ago. Else it was one time. 

f**king everything is going the sub way. 

13 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The patch. They started the sh*t subscription service just a few days ago. Else it was one time. 

f**king everything is going the sub way. 

Yeah, its quite expensive now. Although i read through the details and the tech itself looks very very good. Any other cheaper alternatives? 

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah, its quite expensive now. Although i read through the details and the tech itself looks very very good. Any other cheaper alternatives? 

You can buy the Abbott sensor + Freestyle monitoring system seperately. I think they use an app to monitor blood sugar continuously. Often used by those with uncontrolled T2DM or those with T1DM. 

43 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You can buy the Abbott sensor + Freestyle monitoring system seperately. I think they use an app to monitor blood sugar continuously. Often used by those with uncontrolled T2DM or those with T1DM. 

Thanks. That seems to be a cheaper option, ill check that out

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

This is quite a common occurrence with people who go to gym after a time span, especially while working out on empty stomach.

If you are not accustomed to working out while fasting, you will most probably experience this.

I won't just go ahead and invest in such devices straight away unless you are experiencing it frequently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

can also share my story. when i went for the first time, the trainer had to put cold water constantly on my neck and head to keep me awake. I was going to fully faint.

Edited by hazard12345

1 hour ago, hazard12345 said:

can also share my story. when i went for the first time, the trainer had to put cold water constantly on my neck and head to keep me awake. I was going to fully faint.

Damn. Although in my case ive been training for years man, and I literally dropped on the floor with diziness with 2 sets  Lmao. Embarassing first day at the gym.

Edited by playstationdude

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Damn. Although in my case ive been training for years man, and I literally dropped on the floor with diziness with 2 sets  Lmao. Embarassing first day at the gym.

It's really not. Do you usually work while fasting?

It's just different when you work out at home and then go straight to gym.

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

In all my years of training one thing has been a constant. Never workout on empty stomach. If nothing else then eat 2 bananas half and hour before workout. Gives decent energy and no dizziness whatsoever. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...