Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

8 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

This is what people in india pay yearly.

Yup unless you work at some posh gym where high profile people train, the pay is quite miniscule most of the times. But slowly the things are changing with the better onset of online / Online cum offline training.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hey gym goers: Is this sheet accurate ? 

https://wikisheets.org/what-are-the-best-whey-protein-supplements/answer/wikisheets-official/

I need to add protein in my dad's diet beyond normal food. He has had high muscle wasting due to certain drugs and medical conditions, but I am not too happy giving him Ensure/Horlicks etc. 

Other than the brand's mentioned by others you can give Naturaltein (naturaltein.in) & Gayor Essentials (gayoressentials.com) a try. I have been using both since a couple of years. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 1:42 PM, playstationdude said:

On gold standard

Note-: The double rich chocolate and vanila are manufactured in India using locally sourced whey. If you want the one manufactured in US, stick with extreme milk chocolate, cookies and cream, strawberry etc

Where do you buy ON from? 

I lost 7 kg in one and half month, from 72 to 65. I was at 65kg in march, put on little more than 7kg in three months. I wanted to lose some weight because of my sister's wedding ceremony in feb

It took little efforts,i followed a fatloss diet of 1500 calories, in 500 deficit than my maintenance calories. My macros are : carbs:100g, protein:150g, fats:60g.

With 5 days a week excersize.

I only eat eggs no meat, so it took little more effort to maintain 150g of protein. 

Now that i have achieved my goal in weight but still have some fat on my body, i will change my diet and jump on to clean gaining diet for clean gain but no fat and after maybe 69 or 70kg will change my diet again for fat loss. I hope i will achieve what i have pictured, a lean body till feb.

Im sharing this if anyone need any help .

Edited by Felix the cat

On 11/24/2022 at 7:42 PM, GunnerY2J said:

My fissure has healed.

No surgery needed.

Had been eating non vegetarian as well.

But i am going to be abstaining from any kind of squats now, scared.

What was the cause of fissure? Acute constipation / hard motions? 

4 hours ago, gursimar991 said:

What was the cause of fissure? Acute constipation / hard motions? 

I don't know.

Maybe i strained a bit more once as had to leave early - this mostly.

Or have always eat plenty of red meat with no salads.

Indian toilets are better, wish had them.

Edited by GunnerY2J

• 1 month later...

Do we have a separate thread for fitness accessories?

Till then asking this here: What's a good fitness tracker (i.e. Not a smartwatch)? Looking at the Fitbit Charge 5, but open to suggestions. Apart from fitness stuff, all I need are notifications for calls, apps I allow and my work profile of possible.

What to do for faster recovery post workouts?

I have been experiencing muscle soreness for atleast 2-3 days post every workout and that reduces my intensity in the next workout. I am getting 7-8hrs of sleep but I assume it's my schedule of gym - work - sleep which is taking toll.

I have been recommended to add Creatine (1-2gm a day) but I am not sure if it will help. Any suggestions? 

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

What to do for faster recovery post workouts?

I have been experiencing muscle soreness for atleast 2-3 days post every workout and that reduces my intensity in the next workout. I am getting 7-8hrs of sleep but I assume it's my schedule of gym - work - sleep which is taking toll.

I have been recommended to add Creatine (1-2gm a day) but I am not sure if it will help. Any suggestions? 

Do stretching post workout. Spend at least 15-20 min properly stretching out all muscles you just worked out. 2-3 days is very normal, this is why you target alternate muscles and push-pull-push-pull workouts on alternate days. For eg back/lats/biceps on day 1, chest/shoulder/triceps on day 2, legs on day 3 and rest on day 4. 

29 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Do stretching post workout. Spend at least 15-20 min properly stretching out all muscles you just worked out. 2-3 days is very normal, this is why you target alternate muscles and push-pull-push-pull workouts on alternate days. For eg back/lats/biceps on day 1, chest/shoulder/triceps on day 2, legs on day 3 and rest on day 4. 

I do the stretching. And I know about alternating. Majority of my workouts are strength conditioning and functional, so it's always multiple muscles groups at a time but they include as much stretching and alternation as possible. The need is to improve the recovery even after these.

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I do the stretching. And I know about alternating. Majority of my workouts are strength conditioning and functional, so it's always multiple muscles groups at a time but they include as much stretching and alternation as possible. The need is to improve the recovery even after these.

It will get better as you get used to the exercises. For me the soreness only happens when I change the routine and use different machine etc. First leg day it took me 14 days to completely recover, couldn't even walk straight for a week. But now it takes like 2 days for same routine. Its also an age thing, you recover lot faster in teens and 20s compared to 30s and 40s.

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

It will get better as you get used to the exercises. For me the soreness only happens when I change the routine and use different machine etc. First leg day it took me 14 days to completely recover, couldn't even walk straight for a week. But now it takes like 2 days for same routine. Its also an age thing, you recover lot faster in teens and 20s compared to 30s and 40s.

Bro, I have been working out since 18 and I am 25, lol.

It's mainly due to tight schedule with my work. Get done by gym at 9AM, office by 10:30AM and then back home by 9PM. This includes quite a commute. I am sure this is messing my recovery because I didn't use to have extended soreness when my work was remote, it's been almost 3 months of regular WFO now.

Maybe I am not as tough as the olden guys who used to walk 15kms to work but now after consulting a couple educated nurtitionists, I was recommended to take some nutritional supplements over my regular whey. I know creatine really works for building muscle and strength, few sources about enhanced recovery but I wanted to know first hand experience.

44 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bro, I have been working out since 18 and I am 25, lol.

It's mainly due to tight schedule with my work. Get done by gym at 9AM, office by 10:30AM and then back home by 9PM. This includes quite a commute. I am sure this is messing my recovery because I didn't use to have extended soreness when my work was remote, it's been almost 3 months of regular WFO now.

Maybe I am not as tough as the olden guys who used to walk 15kms to work but now after consulting a couple educated nurtitionists, I was recommended to take some nutritional supplements over my regular whey. I know creatine really works for building muscle and strength, few sources about enhanced recovery but I wanted to know first hand experience.

Muscle soreness and doms usually go away after couple of months of steady routine. I'm 42 and I can do gym 5 days a week because it doesn't hurt anymore beside maybe a slight tingle. If you're sore after every workout even after 2-3 months then its definitely stress and diet, and maybe high inflammation markers.

14 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Muscle soreness and doms usually go away after couple of months of steady routine. I'm 42 and I can do gym 5 days a week because it doesn't hurt anymore beside maybe a slight tingle. If you're sore after every workout even after 2-3 months then its definitely stress and diet, and maybe high inflammation markers.

Inflammation markers are fine, gotten checked. It's for sure the physical stress.

I am trying to make my diet better. Let's see, gonna read up more about this.

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Inflammation markers are fine, gotten checked. It's for sure the physical stress.

I am trying to make my diet better. Let's see, gonna read up more about this.

1. add sleep time if possible. 
2. Add dietary protein/supplement whey

3. Definitely add a serving of leucine. I recommend beta-leucine from procell. 
4. Active recovery: add 10 mins of low intensity movement for doms affected muscle groups. Eg: easy walk for leg soreness. Target is to get them warmed up and get the blood flowing. 

5. Try meditation 

2 hours ago, achilles said:

1. add sleep time if possible. 
2. Add dietary protein/supplement whey

3. Definitely add a serving of leucine. I recommend beta-leucine from procell. 
4. Active recovery: add 10 mins of low intensity movement for doms affected muscle groups. Eg: easy walk for leg soreness. Target is to get them warmed up and get the blood flowing. 

5. Try meditation 

1. Difficult to add more sleep time but will try.

2. Already taking whey, 1 scoop a day, will increase to 1.5.

3. Have heard about leucine helping in recovery, I will have to read more. You won't recommend creatine?

4. Nice suggestion, not sure how I will do it but will try.

5. Hard

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

3. You won't recommend creatine?

Absolutely recommend creatine HCL but the purpose is added work capacity and better muscular function. 
Also don’t count the scoops, but get bioavailable protein in grams atleast equal to 1.5x body weight in kg. If bw is 80kg, get atleast 120gms of bioavailable protein. Whey is 100% bioavailable. So is egg. Increase to 2x if recovery is still an issue. 

Lastly, ZMA before bed time atleast 2 hours after previous meal or 30 mins before last meal. ZMA is magic. Get from a reputed source and brand. 

If recovery still needs an edge, add fish oil. Though you should be taking fish oil regardless.