HundredProofSam

Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

2 hours ago, gs_RoXxX said:

There's super low almost rare chances of you injuring your back while exercising. Look up at number of injuries per 1000 hours in different sports and you will know what I am saying. Your back is much much stronger than you think it is. Only way you can injure your back is if it goes through an accidental trauma like you crashed on road or something like that. 

Its not your fault either there is too much of nuance regarding back pain and the society around us does the rest of the work by giving nocebo. I suggest you look to BARBELL MEDICINE on YT and there's 2-3 podcasts there regarding pain , inury and training along with current research supporting the claims.

Start from here

This one after above video

I'd say no since you mentioned in sports as well.

Low back is the only always at risk part of the body.

Everything impacts the back especially sports which involve lots of sudden and uneven movements, continuos running, falling, jumps,hard ground and physical contact as well (back is mainly used to shield from the opponent)

All load is on the back when legs get tired as well.

You can take a good kick anywhere on the body and it heals easily but back takes a lot of time.

Edited by GunnerY2J

14 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

I do kinda  heavy deadlifts, i don't feel that  much stress on lower back.

But while heavy squatting i do feel  the stress.

Squat makes me nervous.

Maybe if you could show your sideview video of squat that can help address if you are going wrong somewhere.

14 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

I'd say no since you mentioned in sports as well.

Low back is the only always at risk part of the body.

Everything impacts the back especially sports which involve lots of sudden and uneven movements, continuos running, falling, jumps,hard ground and physical contact as well (back is mainly used to shield from the opponent)

All load is on the back when legs get tired as well.

You can take a good kick anywhere on the body and it heals easily but back takes a lot of time.

Did you watch both the videos though?

Back with following the 30 day leg routine, after missing 4 days being sick - did multiple days/leg parts (5) together in 2 days.

And now the real deal has started which has become a pain to do,

Also very difficult to get back to cardio, extreme lack of motivation now to do it - would switch the machine to something casual and lively.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:04 PM, niks_flashbullet said:

If your gym has a hex/trap bar (google it) you could do trap bar deadlifts.

Nope none of those at my gym. On the flip side I did find this thing called 'landmine' that no one uses, and now I've found my safe alternative for barbell squats

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Nope none of those at my gym. On the flip side I did find this thing called 'landmine' that no one uses, and now I've found my safe alternative for barbell squats

Try front barbell squats too.

Landmine is a great option, plenty lifts can be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Is your gym kind of like crossfit type gym?

A cycle ride after a long time.

Personal best for distance covered broken and almost by double for a solo trip.

Around 2200 calories burnt.

The stat below is only for the return trip.

For both ways, 100 kilometres missed by around 6.3d3b41549a612ba67f3b2c7e05391308.jpg0c25a5818945b39a59aa45fb66e38bf8.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I need some sleeping help.

Everytime, I do some heavy exercise, I can't sleep that night. (Maybe only after 4 or 5 am) Otherwise I regularly sleep at 10.30 pm.

Even today, I have been wanting to sleep since afternoon, have been awake since 5.15 am today, have eaten well, my eyes are red now, legs are as tired as they could be and I still can't sleep.

All I want is to have some well deserved heavy sleep after these.

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Everytime, I do some heavy exercise, I can't sleep that night. (Maybe only after 4 or 5 am) Otherwise I regularly sleep at 10.30 pm.

Even today, I have been wanting to sleep since afternoon, have been awake since 5.15 am today, have eaten well, my eyes are red now, legs are as tired as they could be and I still can't sleep.

Do you exercise at night? If yes then that could be it.. Exercise release chemicals which makes you feel awake for long.. So try exercising in the morning..

Edited by funnyadit

When my sleep schedule gets screwed up due to work/stress or whatever, whats worked for me is to sleep only when i'm completely sleepy, like i can't turn another page over, or watch another min of a tv show.   Which also means, I go somedays with just 5-6 hours of sleep, but i make up for it in the 2+ hour cab ride on the way to office and back.  Also, over a period of time, my body adapts itself and the rhythm comes back to regular.   I've found that whenever I force myself to sleep in these situations, it always works counter productive and I end up staying far more awake.  There were days when I've slept for 12+ hours and other days when I've slept for just over 5-6 hours, but on an average in a week, I'm sufficiently well rested.  In short, I go along with whatever the body demands instead of fighting it !

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 11:58 PM, GunnerY2J said:

Do you use some stims like caffeine before workout?