Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Nope none of those at my gym. On the flip side I did find this thing called 'landmine' that no one uses, and now I've found my safe alternative for barbell squats

Try front barbell squats too.

Nope none of those at my gym. On the flip side I did find this thing called 'landmine' that no one uses, and now I've found my safe alternative for barbell squats

Landmine is a great option, plenty lifts can be done with it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cycle ride after a long time.

Personal best for distance covered broken and almost by double for a solo trip.

Around 2200 calories burnt.

The stat below is only for the return trip.

For both ways, 100 kilometres missed by around 6.3d3b41549a612ba67f3b2c7e05391308.jpg0c25a5818945b39a59aa45fb66e38bf8.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

I need some sleeping help.

Everytime, I do some heavy exercise, I can't sleep that night. (Maybe only after 4 or 5 am) Otherwise I regularly sleep at 10.30 pm.

Even today, I have been wanting to sleep since afternoon, have been awake since 5.15 am today, have eaten well, my eyes are red now, legs are as tired as they could be and I still can't sleep.

All I want is to have some well deserved heavy sleep after these.

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Everytime, I do some heavy exercise, I can't sleep that night. (Maybe only after 4 or 5 am) Otherwise I regularly sleep at 10.30 pm.

Even today, I have been wanting to sleep since afternoon, have been awake since 5.15 am today, have eaten well, my eyes are red now, legs are as tired as they could be and I still can't sleep.

Do you exercise at night? If yes then that could be it.. Exercise release chemicals which makes you feel awake for long.. So try exercising in the morning..

Edited by funnyadit

When my sleep schedule gets screwed up due to work/stress or whatever, whats worked for me is to sleep only when i'm completely sleepy, like i can't turn another page over, or watch another min of a tv show.   Which also means, I go somedays with just 5-6 hours of sleep, but i make up for it in the 2+ hour cab ride on the way to office and back.  Also, over a period of time, my body adapts itself and the rhythm comes back to regular.   I've found that whenever I force myself to sleep in these situations, it always works counter productive and I end up staying far more awake.  There were days when I've slept for 12+ hours and other days when I've slept for just over 5-6 hours, but on an average in a week, I'm sufficiently well rested.  In short, I go along with whatever the body demands instead of fighting it !

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 11:58 PM, GunnerY2J said:

Do you use some stims like caffeine before workout?

• 2 weeks later...

For the last couple of weeks I've started running on treadmill early morning(~5 AM), 2-3 times/week and every time after the workout my stomach starts aching, almost for the whole day. Running is not new for me and I've been doing this for many years, but in the evening hours. Also started again after a break of 7-8 months. So, not sure if this is because of the break or because I havnt eaten for 7-8 hours before the workout. Any suggestions?