Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Has anyone managed to actually trigger the permadeath in this game? I see some comments on YT saying that its

Hide contents

its just there to make you tense. there's no actual permadeath. 

You have to suck reaaaallllly bad for that to happen. Don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Has anyone managed to actually trigger the permadeath in this game? I see some comments on YT saying that its

Reveal hidden contents

If you died in this game that means you really bad at playing video games. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Hide contents

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

the game actually at the beginning does tell you not to believe everything they say :P  so.....yeah...do take that into account :P

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

53 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

15 minutes ago, kold_war said:

the game actually at the beginning does tell you not to believe everything they say :P  so.....yeah...do take that into account :P

They probably did a 180 later, as with everything MS. True MS First party studio:devil:

Yea, I don't recall if permadeath was ever confirmed. I assumed it was just a fake out.

And I think Senua was played by a random Ninja Theory employee or something. They had regular video updates on YouTube before launch detailing just how you make a game of that scale on a small budget. Pretty cool stuff :D

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Have died 4 times so far. 2 of thoses were bugs where the camera clipped behind the door or wall during combat and I couldn't see anything. Other 2 were during running from the fire monster in one of the Odin trials. That was tense af. 

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Yea, I don't recall if permadeath was ever confirmed. I assumed it was just a fake out.

The game does sort of tell you about permadeath in the beginning, while explaining the "black curse" thingy spreading on Senua's skin.

22 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

The game does sort of tell you about permadeath in the beginning, while explaining the "black curse" thingy spreading on Senua's skin.

Yeah they straight up tell you if you die too many times you have to start over

28 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yeah they straight up tell you if you die too many times you have to start over

It's a psychology test lol...they're just messing with the psyche of the player...ignore that nonsense and don't count the number of deaths....just enjoy the creepy asmr of them voices :bigyellowgrin:

• Like 1

Finished the game. Fantastic experience. :majesty:

Got frustrated by the combat in the later stage so toned down the difficulty.  There are some invisible walls and sh*t during combat thats annoying af. One time I died and respawned in the middle of combat but Senua wasn't in "combat mode" so was walking around like normal with her sword sheathed. :ko: 

Their depiction of psychosis is excellent. I read some accounts of people really having Psychosis and they said it's very accurate, down to the visual colours and stuff. Such a great way to make other people understand what it's like. :majesty:

This is 100% a must-play game (for game pass owners) just for that aspect.

Admittedly I should have paid more attention to the story since its a very important part of the game. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Their depiction of psychosis is excellent. I read some accounts of people really having Psychosis and they said it's very accurate, down to the visual colours and stuff. Such a great way to make other people understand what it's like. :majesty:

Yup. It's an example of what the gaming medium is capable of.

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Got frustrated by the combat in the later stage so toned down the difficulty.  There are some invisible walls and sh*t during combat thats annoying af. One time I died and respawned in the middle of combat but Senua wasn't in "combat mode" so was walking around like normal with her sword sheathed. :ko: 

Admittedly I should have paid more attention to the story since its a very important part of the game. 

One of those games that stay with you for a while. Truly a unique experience with headphones on.

The big multilevel puzzle area had gotten a bit annoying for me. But I suck at puzzles in general, so..

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:49 PM, dylanjosh said:

Glad you enjoyed this first party MS game :P

On 1/26/2021 at 1:49 PM, dylanjosh said:

Yeah they've pretty much nailed the depiction of people suffering from psychosis. Very unfortunate condition, but glad to see the awareness of it being spread via this game. The hellblade feature video is so well made and it explains more about this condition.

+1 its a must play game especially if you own the game pass. The story is so well done. Hands down this was one of my best games i played in 2020.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...