Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

Heaven Angel

Late to the party here, just finished it. Why is this game not more popular? Beautiful setting, badass lead, great story, and the combat felt so fulfilling!

And with the headphones on, it's one of my best gaming experiences so far. It's close to "Ashtray Maze" segment in Control but lasts the whole game, which is awesome.

And such short length of credits, developed by a group of mere 30-40 developers, what a masterpiece!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iamX said:

Late to the party here, just finished it. Why is this game not more popular? Beautiful setting, badass lead, great story, and the combat felt so fulfilling!

And with the headphones on, it's one of my best gaming experiences so far. It's close to "Ashtray Maze" segment in Control but lasts the whole game, which is awesome.

And such short length of credits, developed by a group of mere 30-40 developers, what a masterpiece!!

I also loved it.

But I can understand it's not everyone cup of tea. Too harrowing with that darkness spreading in hand after each death - mechanic.

But if you are able to finish it, it's quiet fulfilling.

22 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I also loved it.

But I can understand it's not everyone cup of tea. Too harrowing with that darkness spreading in hand after each death - mechanic.

But if you are able to finish it, it's quiet fulfilling.

Not for everyone, for sure. But the darkness doesn't cause permadeath like someone rightly mentioned, so finishing it shouldn't be a problem. The puzzles can prove to be a little grindy though. Fulfilling game nonetheless.

Edited by iamX

14 minutes ago, iamX said:

But the darkness doesn't cause permadeath like someone rightly mentioned

This itself is meant to make the player feel like they’re experiencing psychosis and the fear of dying. 

When the player dies for 2-3 times and sees the rot climbing up, it makes them more fearful of death. 

And for those who just want to trigger permadeath and intentionally keep dying over and over again, will be in for a rude awakening when they find out it’s a bluff, again psychosis. 

• Haha 2