PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

51 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I know this is just the projected benchmarks, but that 200$ price difference sure buys a lot of extra frames in 1440p and 4K.

Sure, the 3070 looks to be in the sweet spot with 1440p at 500 bucks but the 3080 is quite value for money, better than any cards before for sure.

1 minute ago, WR10 said:

So I'am guessing the third party cards will be well beyond 50k for the 3070 here ?

Yep. I'm guessing around 55K, Strix being more expensive as always. 

But I do see Asus's logic, their RGB lighting itself looks a lot cooler and I think it syncs if you're going for an all Asus build if I'm not mistaken. 

54 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yep. I'm guessing around 55K, Strix being more expensive as always. 

But I do see Asus's logic, their RGB lighting itself looks a lot cooler and I think it syncs if you're going for an all Asus build if I'm not mistaken. 

ASUS is worth it. Not for RGB but for build quality too. 

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Idk whether to laugh or to cry, but this is the exact LED strip I have behind my setup right now ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. Anyone looking to buy light strips for their setup, don't buy this one. Its sold well on Amazon only cuz its cheap, but the quality is rubbish.

Will be replacing mine soon as certain sections have gone dud, or have green when I press red or blue. It lasted me over a year though, but I'd like one with Alexa control.

• Haha 1

RGBs are cool and nice but I usually turn them off and never bother after a week or two. Find it very distracting as I use PC every day for long hours. 

Also, FE is very very good these days. No reason to spend on 3rd party cards.

3080 will comfortably run 4K60FPS. The price factor should also be considered. 3080 Ti will be surely around $1000 which is a deal breaker and we won't see more than 10 GB VRAM usage for few more years at least; if at all. 

3060 will be great for 1440p without breaking budget. Maybe 4K at 30+ FPS as RTX 2080 already does that. 

GeForce RTX 3090, A “BFGPU” For Creators, Researchers and Extreme Gamers, Launches Thursday

• For 4K gaming, the GeForce RTX 3090 is about 10-15% faster on average than the GeForce RTX 3080, and up to 50% faster than the TITAN RTX.
  • Since we built GeForce RTX 3090 for a unique group of users, like the TITAN RTX before it, we want to apologize upfront that this will be in limited supply on launch day. We know this is frustrating, and we’re working with our partners to increase the supply in the weeks to come.

15 minutes ago, WR10 said:

So acc. to this slide the 3060 will be in the same ballpark as 2080 or will it be 2080 S > 3060 > 2080. 

Could be. Take with grain of salt as nothing is confirmed.

Looking at 3090 being only 10-15% above 3080 makes me think we won't get 20 GB variant. That will be like 3-7% at best for extra $200-300? makes no sense. 

3060 will be very good regardless. Should be 100% above 2070S performance and around 2080. Will beat 2xxx cards comfortably in RT/DLSS supported titles. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Could be. Take with grain of salt as nothing is confirmed.

Looking at 3090 being only 10-15% above 3080 makes me think we won't get 20 GB variant. That will be like 3-7% at best for extra $200-300? makes no sense. 

3060 will be very good regardless. Should be 100% above 2070S performance and around 2080. Will beat 2xxx cards comfortably in RT/DLSS supported titles. 

That'll be a great upgrade from my 580.