PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

24 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

lol at that price I'd just rather grab a 10600k. Budget AMD doesn't work beyond 20k.

Why the notion that AMD is budget? 5600x is supposedly as good as 10600K in gaming and better in multi-tasking.

34 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Why the notion that AMD is budget? 5600x is supposedly as good as 10600K in gaming and better in multi-tasking.

It is a budget Zen 3 option, with other two being mid and high end variations. 3600X used to be under 20k which is IMO the max threshold for budget gaming builds with decent performance.

21 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Hi all, I was told to wait for 6800xt instead of jumping on an overpriced 3080 (scalper price) . The benchmarks did show 6800xt outperforming 3080 (third party benchmarks awaited)

is there a definite ‘con’ to go for an AMD card for your first build ? I hear driver updates is an issue but beyond that ?

power  hungry

drivers will make u go berserk

get a gold smps if u r buying amd bronze toh bilkul nahi

i have rx 480 4gb n bro pagal kar diya iss cheez nay

right now i m using 19 something version rather than latest drivers

they use the same drivers for entry level to high end to me they r all same

52 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

It is a budget Zen 3 option, with other two being mid and high end variations. 3600X used to be under 20k which is IMO the max threshold for budget gaming builds with decent performance.

Not budget. Mainstream is the word you are looking for. 

3300/i3 is probably budget. 

45 minutes ago, Defender487 said:

power  hungry

drivers will make u go berserk

get a gold smps if u r buying amd bronze toh bilkul nahi

i have rx 480 4gb n bro pagal kar diya iss cheez nay

right now i m using 19 something version rather than latest drivers

they use the same drivers for entry level to high end to me they r all same

Driver issues have plagued AMD for ages. While they are relatively more power hungry compared to nVidia, Big Navi is supposed to do much better

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Honestly, why do you care if its a budget offering, as long as it performs better, uses less power and supports all features that other 5000 series processors do?  I mean its not budget really at 27k but nevertheless.

And it destroys the 10600k in gaming and everything. It even beats 10900k a lot of times (which is THE offering from intel). Just Look at the benchmarks below. I wouldnt buy 10900k in its place (which is far more expensive anyway), let alone 10600k-

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=659

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=660

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=660

Unless you have the top tier GPUs, I don't think it makes any sense losing your mind over CPU performance holding you back..
Keep calm n get some of those 3700x or 3800x that n**bs will now try to get rid of once they buy their shiny new 5XXX series :bigyellowgrin:

33 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Unless you have the top tier GPUs, I don't think it makes any sense losing your mind over CPU performance holding you back..
Keep calm n get some of those 3700x or 3800x that n**bs will now try to get rid of once they buy their shiny new 5XXX series :bigyellowgrin:

Thats indeed a completely fair point. I personally am planning to get a AMD 6800XT graphics card (if I can get one at launch at all :p) so it made sense to get 5600x so that then I can combine it will a 5 series motherboard and get the SAM benefit (5-10% gaming advantage according to AMD). Even if I somehow go back to getting a Nvidia 3080 again (if 6800XT gets bad reviews etc), 5600x is still a gaming monster so it made perfect sense for me.

But yeah, anything other than absolutely top-line (and even at top-line in some cases) graphics card, 3600x/3700x will do just fine.

Edited by kittoo

17 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Found a seller who has 5800x for 42 including GST. Does it make sense to buy now even though I’m still looking for the 3080 and will likely get it in dec 

You will get 5800x close to 40 right now (I believe I saw one at slightly less than 40 yesterday). One is here for 40698-

https://www.tpstech.in/products/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-desktop-processor-8-cores-up-to-4-7ghz-36mb-cache-am4-socket

Though personally, it makes very little sense for gaming. The price is 50% higher than 5600x but with very little performance gain at low resolutions and no gain at 4k. Of course, it does have 2 more cores and if you do a lot of productivity tasks such as photoshopping and video editing etc then get it. Purely for gaming it makes very little sense.

9 minutes ago, kittoo said:

You will get 5800x close to 40 right now (I believe I saw one at slightly less than 40 yesterday). One is here for 40698-

https://www.tpstech.in/products/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-desktop-processor-8-cores-up-to-4-7ghz-36mb-cache-am4-socket

Though personally, it makes very little sense for gaming. The price is 50% higher than 5600x but with very little performance gain at low resolutions and no gain at 4k. Of course, it does have 2 more cores and if you do a lot of productivity tasks such as photoshopping and video editing etc then get it. Purely for gaming it makes very little sense.

Thanks . I only will use it for gaming so noted. In that case , should I lean towards the intel 10900k or is that also way too much ?

Thanks . I only will use it for gaming so noted. In that case , should I lean towards the intel 10900k or is that also way too much ?
I would suggest go for amd Intel are a bit costly compared to amd

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

No point in going for 10900k. It's much more expensive and 5600x is anyway better than it in most gaming benchmarks. 10900k is also much more power hungry, hotter and doesnt support PCI Express 4. Go for 5600x and use the close to 13k saved on better graphics card, motherboard with pcie4 etc. 

2 minutes ago, kittoo said:

No point in going for 10900k. It's much more expensive and 5600x is anyway better than it in most gaming benchmarks. 10900k is also much more power hungry, hotter and doesnt support PCI Express 4. Go for 5600x and use the close to 13k saved on better graphics card, motherboard with pcie4 etc. 

thanks