PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

1080p benchmark is useless. Who is going to spend that much and play at 1080p??? 

Check at 1440p/4K where nothing is actually blown away. If you have a top range CPU already, no point in buying another.

If you find 10600K cheaper than 5600x, go for that. Heck even $200 9700K or $300 9900K is better deal than 5600x and above. 

Here I am with i7 9700k and a 2060 lol

9700k easily sits on top 5-10 and will continue to dominate for another generation. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Not budget. Mainstream is the word you are looking for. 

3300/i3 is probably budget. 

You know what I mean :P

Besides there's no 5600 or 5300 yet, so cheapest Zen 3 is 5600X, which I won't buy for 5k more than 10600k.

43 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

1080p benchmark is useless. Who is going to spend that much and play at 1080p??? 

Spending is subjective but 1080p benchmark is needed to get a proper view on how CPU actually performs. Above that most of the load goes towards GPU. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Check at 1440p/4K where nothing is actually blown away. If you have a top range CPU already, no point in buying another.

If you find 10600K cheaper than 5600x, go for that. Heck even $200 9700K or $300 9900K is better deal than 5600x and above. 

9700k easily sits on top 5-10 and will continue to dominate for another generation. 

i know bro i just recently upgraded from i5 9400 f to this and upgraded my psu in hopes of getting my hands on 3080 son but the wait continues..

18 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Spending is subjective but 1080p benchmark is needed to get a proper view on how CPU actually performs. Above that most of the load goes towards GPU. 

why would you want a 1080p benchmark if u arent even gonna game at that resolution..

get 2070 super if u are looking to play at 1080..

23 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

For benchmark purpose, yes; not logical in real world. 

AMD used to have "budget" options but now that doesn't work at $300+ price tag. It goes into midrange. If you can get higher C/T CPU than 5600x at lower price, that will be better option to consider. 

Yes, it is still great value CPU but people who were looking for 3600/10400F alternate, this isn't the CPU to buy. You are paying $100 more for same amount of C/T but barely major improvement.

Edited by Joe Cool

2 minutes ago, sobbii said:

why would you want a 1080p benchmark if u arent even gonna game at that resolution..

Only for benchmark purposes, you want to remove all bottlenecks so CPU can be tested. In real world it doesn't mean much.

Only for benchmark purposes, you want to remove all bottlenecks so CPU can be tested. In real world it doesn't mean much.
Yeah that's what I meant if it doesn't really matter the benchmark numbers should completely be ignored..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

What joe says is true, literally no one buys a 30+k cpu to flex 2000+ FPS on 480p.

Hyperbole aside anyone spending that amount is going to game on 1440p or 4K and there the CPU difference is quite lesser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sobbii said:

Since when did 2070 super become a 1080p card?

8 hours ago, sobbii said:

1080p ?!?!? ?????

• Sad 1

Where did you get it from? And how much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone I know had it but he has changed his mind getting a 3090 got it for 77k

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

On 11/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, Joe Cool said:

Really sweet deals at Microcenter. $300 for CPU with Avengers game code (I'll sell for $30-40 or trade for some other game). Asked my friend to buy and ship it. Same for RAM and SSDs. Got it after 5 working days. 

I still have old PC minus PSU and storage. I've told my friend to take it if he wants else I'll dismantle and keep it in case needed later or frame it.

Sorry for the old post tag.. but how did you get shipped here(assuming india)? Was there any customs duty paid or jus shipping as personal items? What service was used and how much did it cost??

Is it advisable to get 3070 for 60-62k or should i wait for it? 60k and above feels like the realm of a 80's card without the supply shortage. The fe price of 44k for the 3070 seems perfect but then again no idea when it ll be in stock... Any leads on the founder edition availability would be great.