PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

DLSS WITH LOW 8GB RTX 3070

OR

16GB RX 6800 WITHOUT DLSS AND SLIGHTLY INFERIOR DRIVER

OR 

F**C EVEYTHIND AND GET XBOX SERIES X

Currently have gtx 1070 what to do and have fear that prices might go up due to bitcoin craze and scalpers

so much options so confused right now

Edited by saurabhgamer

33 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Does anyone think ki Founders edition 3080 will come in stock actually for India? Ya aise hi Nvidia walo ne goodwill ke liye prices kam kar diye with no intention of actually having any stock? Kabse waitlist main naam dalwaake time waste kar raha hu.

I suggest waiting till November end. Someone on reddit said that RPTech will have the stock in 3-4 weeks. and this was posted during 1st week of November.

25 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

I suggest waiting till November end. Someone on reddit said that RPTech will have the stock in 3-4 weeks. and this was posted during 1st week of November.

I guess will wait some more. Hopefully it will come and RPtech will contact.

22 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

You guys talking about some RPtech shop or an online store? Please share a link/address 

They are NVidia's official retailer in India. Someone posted their email a couple of pages back. They waitlist people for cards.

• Like 1

Steam update adds wireless rumble, haptic feedback support to DualSense

• Implemented rumble over Bluetooth for the PS5 controller
  • Reduced rumble intensity for the PS5 controller
  • Allow external audio based haptics while rumble is enabled on the PS5 DualSense controller

Previous update

• Added additional support for the PS5 DualSense controller including LED, trackpad, rumble, and gyro functionality.
  • Added a directional swipe mode for use with trackpads and gyro
  • Added initial input support for the PS5 DualSense controller. Advanced features such as rumble, trackpad, and gyro are not yet supported.
  • Fixed the Xbox Series X controller showing up as 2 separate controllers

NICE ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sandy8992 said:

Anyone can suggest me which processor is best for now? Intel 11th gen or AMD Ryzen 5000 series ? 
I want it for FPS games. (COD warzone)

I personally went with a AMD 5600x. It's the 'cheapest' (cost me 27000) in the lineup and whoops a*s of 10600k and often beats 10900k (which costs 40000 i think) much lower power consumption and heat. Right now its THE gaming CPU. 

A personal opinion, of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kittoo said:

I personally went with a AMD 5600x. It's the 'cheapest' (cost me 27000) in the lineup and whoops a*s of 10600k and often beats 10900k (which costs 40000 i think) much lower power consumption and heat. Right now its THE gaming CPU. 

I like how you used cheapest under quotes to make it sound good for the price.. Good job..:D

3 hours ago, kittoo said:

Intel i7 10700k costs 30k-32k (I got it recently).Don't know what retailer you asked, but if he's quoting 40k for i5 10600k - he's overcharging/scamming you. i5 10600k goes for around 20k-22k AFAIK.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

I like how you used cheapest under quotes to make it sound good for the price.. Good job..:D

11 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I think he put it under quotes to emphasise that it’s not actually cheap, just the lowest price of the lot.

Considering I paid the same for a 5600X, I definitely wouldn’t call it cheap. But it’s the least expensive of the Zen 3s and from everything I’ve read, significantly better than what Intel is offering at the price.

That was indeed the intention. It's not actually cheap.

Regarding your other post @HundredProofSam there are benchmarks that show SAM helps around 2-10% depending upon the game. Although nvidia has confirmed that they will also enable this in their future updates. Its just a standard PCI Express feature that AMD calls SAM. There is nothing stopping it from working on other processors or mobos.

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Intel i7 10700k costs 30k-32k (I got it recently).Don't know what retailer you asked, but if he's quoting 40k for i5 10600k - he's overcharging/scamming you. i5 10600k goes for around 20k-22k AFAIK.

I said 10900k costs 40k, not 10600k

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

Question: is DLSS only useful for gaming at 4K? What if I have a 1080p or 1440p display?

You can use DLSS at any resolution and get decent gain without loss of image quality. Just more useful at 4K since it is hard to hit max fps unlike 1080p/1440p where 3070/3080 comfortably hits 60+ without DLSS. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

EVBLuAw.jpg

Havent they been quoting this 3-4 weeks max thing since past few weeks? I doubt at this point there is going to be much stock for 3080 at least. Nvidia has moved on to newer versions (the Tis) if rumors are to be believed.

I've been waiting since 3 weeks when Nvidia dropped prices of the FEs, and now 3-4 weeks more is the guess? Damn!

6 hours ago, kittoo said:

Havent they been quoting this 3-4 weeks max thing since past few weeks? I doubt at this point there is going to be much stock for 3080 at least. Nvidia has moved on to newer versions (the Tis) if rumors are to be believed.

I've been waiting since 3 weeks when Nvidia dropped prices of the FEs, and now 3-4 weeks more is the guess? Damn!

I got the same message last week . So i guess they arent sure when they ll get the stocks and even if they do.. the numbers would be very low and will sell out fast. Been checking my email ever since.. :')

Any info on 6800XT (not 6800) prices in India? One website has it listed at 70000, which seems about right IF the cards are available in quantity. Otherwise everything will shoot up.

I am very very confused. I am able to get a 3080 tomorrow at 80k, and 6800XT seems to be at 70k (assuming I get it at that price). With a 10K difference I get ~7% better performance at 4k (which I game at), DLSS, far better raytracing and probably better drivers, but I miss out on 6GB of extra VRAM. Shall I wait for 6800XT, hoping it will indeed be available at 70k, or go for the 80k 3080? (the rest of my build is ready which makes the wait even harder :()

2 hours ago, kittoo said:

Any info on 6800XT (not 6800) prices in India? One website has it listed at 70000, which seems about right IF the cards are available in quantity. Otherwise everything will shoot up.

I am very very confused. I am able to get a 3080 tomorrow at 80k, and 6800XT seems to be at 70k (assuming I get it at that price). With a 10K difference I get ~7% better performance at 4k (which I game at), DLSS, far better raytracing and probably better drivers, but I miss out on 6GB of extra VRAM. Shall I wait for 6800XT, hoping it will indeed be available at 70k, or go for the 80k 3080? (the rest of my build is ready which makes the wait even harder :()

If you're sitting with intel then you probably can go for green as red will make a minor difference but if you have red cpu then i think you should go with the red gpu. Can't say about the drivers but they're showing some good charts on paper. As we move to new gen games that extra 6vram will help in games and it's cheaper. If still not sure then go for green. It's best as it is. 

Btw where are you getting from?

33 minutes ago, Sandy8992 said:

Can anyone help me with a difficult decision that I have to make.

Nvidia 3070 or Nvidia 3080. Should I spend less for average FPS or I should  spend a little more for more FPS ?? As the difference is not much.

Whats the rest of your system? (including monitor)