PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Can anyone help me with a difficult decision that I have to make.

Nvidia 3070 or Nvidia 3080. Should I spend less for average FPS or I should  spend a little more for more FPS ?? As the difference is not much.
The decision should be between 3060Ti and 3080. 3060Ti is coming very soon and it should be around 37k.

Doesn't make sense to spend 55k for 8gb card. AIB 3060Ti should hopefully start from 40k, for that price 8gb is acceptable.

If the 3060ti is 40k then it makes more sense to get the 3070FE at 44k.

The 3060ti should be in the 30s ideally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

Doesn't make sense to spend 55k for 8gb card. AIB 3060Ti should hopefully start from 40k, for that price 8gb is acceptable.

If he's considering 3080 then he most likely has a 4k setup. I don't think 3060ti is going to cut it at 4k. The xx60 series is more for ultra 1080p to  high 1440p

Edited by dylanjosh

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

Someone who has the setup for a 3080 is not going to like a 3060ti.

Seems like he's wants better FPS out of the GPU, he can get this with either 3070 and better with 3080

Even 3060ti is a very good option for him if he's playing on 1080p and even 1440p. 

But for 4K he outta get 3070 or 3080 and if can wait then the ti versions will do good for long period of time. 

10 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Seems like he's wants better FPS out of the GPU, he can get this with either 3070 and better with 3080

Even 3060ti is a very good option for him if he's playing on 1080p and even 1440p. 

But for 4K he outta get 3070 or 3080 and if can wait then the ti versions will do good for long period of time. 

I agree, which is why we need to know his setup first

@Sandy8992  bhai plz setup batao 

12 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

If you're sitting with intel then you probably can go for green as red will make a minor difference but if you have red cpu then i think you should go with the red gpu. Can't say about the drivers but they're showing some good charts on paper. As we move to new gen games that extra 6vram will help in games and it's cheaper. If still not sure then go for green. It's best as it is. 

Btw where are you getting from?

Got a really really good deal. Got 3080 Ultra OC for only 74k, which is very close to MSRP for the reference version (71k) and assuming custom OC versions cost a few bucks extra anyway, 74k seems MSRP only, which is something I didnt expect at all in this day and age. Got it from i7 peripherals in Navi Mumbai.

Guys I talked to so many sellers during past few days that I have a few good deals on 3080s. If anyone is interested, I can post their numbers/links here.

7 hours ago, kittoo said:

Got a really really good deal. Got 3080 Ultra OC for only 74k, which is very close to MSRP for the reference version (71k) and assuming custom OC versions cost a few bucks extra anyway, 74k seems MSRP only, which is something I didnt expect at all in this day and age. Got it from i7 peripherals in Navi Mumbai.

Guys I talked to so many sellers during past few days that I have a few good deals on 3080s. If anyone is interested, I can post their numbers/links here.

Colorful igame right?

1 hour ago, saurabhgamer said:

Colorful igame right?

Yupe. Colorful igame ultra OC.

To be honest I am indeed a little concerned given that its a Chinese brand that has just entered India, but I read a few reviews and watched Linus and Jayz2cents reviews of their 3080s and that calmed me down a little bit. It helps that rashi peripherals is their distributor in India which means warranty shouldnt be much of an issue.

There was another point of me not wanting to give my money to a Chinese company, but the next non chinese cards were inferior Zotac reference cards at 86k :( I even decided to purchase a 91k gigabyte vision 3080 just to avoid buying a Chinese product, but then when I called the retailer to confirm they said it wasnt really in stock (which means dont go by stocks being shown on websites. Call and confirm before placing an order!)

So yeah, there are some negative points for me but I guess that was the best deal at this moment.

7 minutes ago, kittoo said:

To be honest I am indeed a little concerned given that its a Chinese brand that has just entered India, but I read a few reviews and watched Linus and Jayz2cents reviews of their 3080s and that calmed me down a little bit. It helps that rashi peripherals is their distributor in India which means warranty shouldnt be much of an issue.

There was another point of me not wanting to give my money to a Chinese company, but the next non chinese cards were inferior Zotac reference cards at 86k :( I even decided to purchase a 91k gigabyte vision 3080 just to avoid buying a Chinese product, but then when I called the retailer to confirm they said it wasnt really in stock (which means dont go by stocks being shown on websites. Call and confirm before placing an order!)

So yeah, there are some negative points for me but I guess that was the best deal at this moment.

They've been in the market for some time now. I have an inno 3d. Working fine. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kittoo said:

Also bought colorful ultra 3070 at (53800-1000 amazon voucher=52800) due to other manufacture charges more than 57000 , hope rptech service is good

Edited by saurabhgamer

There was another point of me not wanting to give my money to a Chinese company, but the next non chinese cards were inferior Zotac reference cards at 86k [emoji20] I even decided to purchase a 91k gigabyte vision 3080 just to avoid buying a Chinese product, but then when I called the retailer to confirm they said it wasnt really in stock (which means dont go by stocks being shown on websites. Call and confirm before placing an order!)

It hasn’t entered India now, it’s been there for quite some time but just is not popular like Palit, Gainward, HIS, Powercolor, PNY etc in India.

Also the reference cards from Colourful,Inno3d,Galax,HIS,Gainward etc used to actually cost lesss than FE. Now they cost 10k+ more than the FE.

I am kind of sad that there are no reference AIB which are equal or cheaper than the FE for the 3000 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Also the reference cards from Colourful,Inno3d,Galax,HIS,Gainward etc used to actually cost lesss than FE. Now they cost 10k+ more than the FE.

I am kind of sad that there are no reference AIB which are equal or cheaper than the FE for the 3000 series.

Yes I am also surprised by this. Usually the trend is Inno, Colorful, Galax etc cards are priced below FE and the big names like Gigabyte, Asus are priced above FE