PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Lol

NVIDIA quietly outs GeForce GT 1010

While we have all been awaiting news on the high-end GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, NVIDIA announced a new entry-level SKU: the GT 1010.

It has been a while since we have heard about a new 10 series graphics card, but it seems that NVIDIA is finally replacing its ancient GT 710 SKU. The GT 710 is based on Kepler GK208 GPU, the card was originally released in January 2016. Nearly five years later, NVIDIA has a new entry-level SKU called GT 1010, likely to replace the former.

The graphics card had appeared on a driver download page. There were no announcements, nor blog posts announcing the new SKU. YouTuber Dapz asked the NVIDIA customer support if they could share more information on the new SKU, but sadly there were unable to do so. It appears that the card was only quietly announced, but not yet released

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-answer-to-gpu-shortage-geforce-gt-1010

Nothing special. You are paying more or less for the brand. Optical switches is faster though but mechanical feel better.

I wouldn't buy it but if it is your only choice, then not a bad choice. 

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Any reason specifically asking for Gigabyte? You have a lot more options in the market.

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Nothing special. You are paying more or less for the brand. Optical switches is faster though but mechanical feel better.

I wouldn't buy it but if it is your only choice, then not a bad choice. 

I had kept it in the consideration only because of the changeable switches and keys and it isn't super out of the budget. But I am only getting red switch model(with 9 free blue switches) and blue switch model(with 9 free red switches) is unavailable everywhere. So the hunt is still on.

Thanks.

Edit:

HyperX Alloy Origins

Logitech G512 Carbon

are the others in consideration.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

17 minutes ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

I had kept it in the consideration only because of the changeable switches and keys and it isn't super out of the budget. But I am only getting red switch model(with 9 free blue switches) and blue switch model(with 9 free red switches) is unavailable everywhere. So the hunt is still on.

Thanks.

Edit:

HyperX Alloy Origins

Logitech G512 Carbon

are the others in consideration.

HyperX aqua switches are supposed to be really good.

Any reason why you aren't considering epomaker/keychron? Or even ducky from meckeys?

Just buy standard Cherry or Gateron mechanical keyboard. Don't buy proprietary keys like Romer or Razer or xyz keyboards. Rather use that extra money and get PBT keycaps for better durability. 

42 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

HyperX aqua switches are supposed to be really good.

Any reason why you aren't considering epomaker/keychron? Or even ducky from meckeys?

No specific reason, just that epomaker aren't easily available here. And I require a full keyboard, not much to choose from at meckeys.

32 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Just buy standard Cherry or Gateron mechanical keyboard. Don't buy proprietary keys like Romer or Razer or xyz keyboards. Rather use that extra money and get PBT keycaps for better durability. 

OK will try to look for cherry or gateron keys.

Also, If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to share, my only requirement is that it should be a full KB.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 11:04 AM, Aercy said:

Yes, I bought it. It's decent but the HDR sucks with sub 300 nits brightness. Although my objective was to get a display that's 32" and is 4K, so HDR wasn't a need but a good to have.

It's a native 10-bit panel and is freesync compatible, and supports Gsync. Best to use DP 1.4 for best output on PC else the aforementioned features will not work (HDMI2.0 will run the monitor on RGB 8-bit and G-Sync won't work).

4K output is really good and it's important to play around with the settings to get the desired colour output. The stock colour settings are lame. Calibration is useful.

I am using with my PC, Xbox Series S, Apple TV, and also tried connecting my macbook and office laptop via the USB-C port of the monitor. Waiting for PS5. This display is good at this price.

Don't go for the Acer one, it has DP 1.2. Also, I don't have a very positive opinion about Acer's products. But that's just me. If you have the moolah, check the IPS varient EW3280U (60k).

Yeah for me too, its three choices now. 4K @ 60 Hertz + 32 inches > Which I feel is appropriate for 4K. 27 is too small, but I admired the 5K iMac Pro that was given to me in the Office. BenQ has two options in this category, one is VA and the other is IPS. Then there is the LG G950 - Kickass monitor and gives 144 Hertz.