PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

750w would be sufficient. considering your cpu is turbo all the time and have many ssds and hdds. 

if cpu isnt power hungry then existing 650w-700w is enough. 3080has 320w peak TDP. Sometimes there might be slight peak over the rated tdp but still you are safe if you a 750w. No harm going for higher such as 850w even. But not required. 

my system mentioned in my signature runs with 750w. And that’s a pretty hungry system. 

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

750w would be sufficient. considering your cpu is turbo all the time and have many ssds and hdds. 

if cpu isnt power hungry then existing 650w-700w is enough. 3080has 320w peak TDP. Sometimes there might be slight peak over the rated tdp but still you are safe if you a 750w. No harm going for higher such as 850w even. But not required. 

my system mentioned in my signature runs with 750w. And that’s a pretty hungry system. 

Im looking to get a 850w

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Can’t seem to find the 850w version 

Check Corsair RM850, fully modular, 80+ gold, supposedly has 10 year warranty according to this review https://m.hexus.net/tech/reviews/psu/130694-corsair-rm-series-rm850-850w/

The recent one is from 2019 onwards and has RM850 in bold white font, not yellow like previous ones, just in case you look for review, because the older ones may have different parts inside

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/corsair-rm-series-rm850-850-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu-cp-9020235/ costs 10.5k on primeabgb

• 5 weeks later...

Any suggestions what to buy on steam sale? I was looking for FPS or TPS but it seems like borderlands 3 and CP2077 are the only options, out of them which one to pick? 

I have played halo infinite, doom eternal, rdr2, wolfenstein2, if y'all have any other suggestions let me know

I have played :zodka:CP2077 but never completed it and the shooting is decent, dunno about BL3, I loved BL2 but that was many years back

5 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Any suggestions what to buy on steam sale? I was looking for FPS or TPS but it seems like borderlands 3 and CP2077 are the only options, out of them which one to pick? 

I have played halo infinite, doom eternal, rdr2, wolfenstein2, if y'all have any other suggestions let me know

I have played :zodka:CP2077 but never completed it and the shooting is decent, dunno about BL3, I loved BL2 but that was many years back

Both are terrific games. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, PhantomShade said:

did you not pickup borderlands 3 during the EGS giveaway?

On 6/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, PhantomShade said:

I don't know any good FPS or TPS as of now, but personally I want to tell about some gems that I found for pretty cheap this sale. They a couple of really good horror puzzle+ visual novel games - Spirit Hunter: Death Mark and Spirit Hunter: NG

FLU9pRLUUAMaZqj.jpg:large

IMG_2680.jpg

Also, since I remember you said somewhere that you liked Monster Hunter World, then both Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 are on sale. Dragon Ball: Kakarot is also dirt cheap on Steam at the moment.

That's all the recommendations I can think of at the moment.

I'm thinking of RTX 3060Ti as well. Just upgraded my processor (i5 3rd Gen to i5 12th Gen) after a decade and just retained the GTX 1060 3GB from my old machine along with the SSD and HDDs. Was wondering with prices slowly dropping, would it be a good time to go for a graphic card right now or wait. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

21 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Is there any merit to increase RAM from 16gb to 32gb? I don’t stream or do miscellaneous things while gaming

Also, 5600x - is this good for a few years or should I upgrade to 5800x? I only need it for gaming 

yes. Increase to 32.

5800x anyday. Better cpu= less bottleneck of GPU= more longevity of the whole system. So, yes again.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

I'm thinking of RTX 3060Ti as well. Just upgraded my processor (i5 3rd Gen to i5 12th Gen) after a decade and just retained the GTX 1060 3GB from my old machine along with the SSD and HDDs. Was wondering with prices slowly dropping, would it be a good time to go for a graphic card right now or wait. 

I've 3060ti, the card is good for 1440p, at 4k, games like cyberpunk would start slowing down to below 20-30fps with all bells and whistles turned on.  My main gaming monitor is LG 32" qhd , so I'm happy with it.  But if you're looking at 4k/60fps, maybe look at 3080/3090.

Edited by Ne0
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

I've 3060ti, the card is good for 1440p, at 4k, games like cyberpunk would start slowing down to below 20-30fps with all bells and whistles turned on.  My main gaming monitor is LG 32" qhd , so I'm happy with it.  But if you're looking at 4k/60fps, maybe look at 3080/3090.

Thank you! I'm more than happy with 1080p 60fps, so I think this would be a good choice. Was thinking of going for the Zotac model. Does this card have any heating issues? 

Yep, that is what pretty much carried my GTX970 from it's original release date. Had to replace it twice before getting a GTX1060 and their replacement procedure it pretty straight forward, so I'm leaning towards them again. 

On 6/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, RV1709 said:

Is there any merit to increase RAM from 16gb to 32gb? I don’t stream or do miscellaneous things while gaming

None whatsoever. I did that & it was a waste for gaming. Honestly if you need to ask that simply mean it is not required.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, RV1709 said:

Also, 5600x - is this good for a few years or should I upgrade to 5800x? I only need it for gaming 

What GPU do you use, what resolution do you play at? In most scenarios there will be negligible difference in performance specially if you are using a 60x/70x card &/or are playing at 1440p or above. If you are a competitive gamer you should really consider a 5800x3d or something from team intel.

On 6/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

3060ti is excellent for 1080p & will serve you a long time. Buy right now if you are going for a new card & can get one for around 40-45k anything more is not really worth it IMO. If you are open in getting used, might as well wait for some more time as the prices of current gen will fall even further. It's a win win in any case so do what you got to do.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:52 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Thank you! I'm more than happy with 1080p 60fps, so I think this would be a good choice. Was thinking of going for the Zotac model. Does this card have any heating issues? 

No idea about zotac cards, but check if you need to upgrade your psu (if it's of lower wattage).